Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It says "no photos" on the terms and conditions for match tickets at Villa Park.... In fact it says no cameras or recording equipment.

Is this season, the first time it has said that on them?

No. I think it started with the Premier League.

We've had take down notices in the past from the FA for pictures people have taken at games.

it should say "no ipad rocket polishers" in massive bold letters

I was at a game last season in the Lower Holte, and some young lad recorded every corner on his iPad. He was watching the screen every time. I really waned to yell at him, to watch the ******* game! 

It says "no photos" on the terms and conditions for match tickets at Villa Park.... In fact it says no cameras or recording equipment.

Is this season, the first time it has said that on them?

No. I think it started with the Premier League.

We've had take down notices in the past from the FA for pictures people have taken at games.

"Personal use" is fine, according to Premier League rules:

http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/fans/attending-a-match.html

Along with other puke-inducing advice such as:

"A visit to a Premier League ground is not complete without a trip to the club shop/megastore. Clubs offer a wide range of merchandise from key rings and mugs to replica shirts where you can have your name printed on the back of your shirt."

"If you are unfamiliar with the players, both team squads are listed in the matchday programmes. Players are identified by their squad numbers, which remain the same throughout the season."

Advice which to my cynical eyes, would appear to be aimed at the average Man U or Chelsea fan.....

This a million times

My mate makes fun of me for my no iPad / tablet photo stance when we go travelling but I stick to my guns and whenever anyone asks me if I wouldn't mind taking a picture of them I refuse , camera or GTFO

• Like 2

This a million times

My mate makes fun of me for my no iPad / tablet photo stance when we go travelling but I stick to my guns and whenever anyone asks me if I wouldn't mind taking a picture of them I refuse , camera or GTFO

Are phone cameras ok? ....

Chinese people.

Or at least the ones I encountered on holiday, which was quite a lot.

Hands down the rudest people I've ever seen/met/encountered.

Shocked me.

Have mixed opinions on this. Very complex (and sensitive) issue.

This a million times

Are phone cameras ok? ....
For snapping amusing pics of funny choc bar names ,amusing street signs or videos of your mate asleep in a bar ...yes

for holiday photos absolutely not

Edited by tonyh29

Chinese people.

Shocked me.

Fire away. This is VT, anything goes.

Was watching Benefits Britain : Life on the Dole.

Pisses me off how people abuse the benefits system, have no intention of getting a job whatsoever, then complain that they're not getting enough money in benefits. Tossers.

This isn't aimed at anyone specifically, but: People who state that threads should be closed for whatever reason.

Just let the mods do their damn jobs, what harm does it do to anyone to keep a thread open anyway? I don't know why it irks me so much to be honest but then again this is the sort of thing this thread was originally created for.

.....because using a method where water freezes at -32 and boils at 212 is FAR more appropriate than a scale where water freezes at 0 and boils at 100!!!

I agree that that's a daft system. Which system is it?

(Fahrenheit sets zero at the temperature where brine freezes)

As Mooney hinted at, Fahrenheit makes more sense for weather, because anything from about zero to a hundred is basically OK, but get outside that range and you're getting into dangerous territory.

Chinese people.

Shocked me.

Fire away. This is VT, anything goes.

Might have something to do with how rapidly those societies are changing. You get people who have acquired large amounts of wealth in a very short period of time, but still have the mentality of someone from a lower social class, and thus lack intuitive knowledge of the social etiquette that is expected in societies that are economically more well developed. I don't know, just a hypothesis at this point in time.

Sensitive, because it is politically an extremely sensitive issue, esp in Singapore. Mixed opinions, because while I do agree that these migrants often tend to be rude and uncouth, I understand at the same time that that is in all likelihood due to the fact that they are a product of their environment, which is different from the relatively affluent one I grew up in, so I try to accept them more than others generally would. Not to mention that I identify with them (as a Chinese person, and as a fellow human being), and so I try not to complain too much about their habits, whether I like them or not.

Edited by legov
  • Like 1

This isn't aimed at anyone specifically, but: People who state that threads should be closed for whatever reason.

Just let the mods do their damn jobs, what harm does it do to anyone to keep a thread open anyway? I don't know why it irks me so much to be honest but then again this is the sort of thing this thread was originally created for.

[/thread]

• Like 3

.....because using a method where water freezes at -32 and boils at 212 is FAR more appropriate than a scale where water freezes at 0 and boils at 100!!!

As Mooney hinted at, Fahrenheit makes more sense for weather, because anything from about zero to a hundred is basically OK, but get outside that range and you're getting into dangerous territory.

Your presence

...It is as the mooney has foreseen...

Only for cold weather, maybe? I still don't see the issue with centigrade here. The planet isn't going to be hotter than say sixty degrees? Certainly not over 100. And then minus...Antarctica at maybe -80 max? For quick human interpretation, those figures still near more to me than doing sums to work out the temperature...

Fahrenheit for chemistry properties would sound more appropriate to me

At work, taking a bottle of milk out of the fridge for use in my tea - seeing the that it is 4 days in date, taking the time to sniff the bottle to double check and find that it smells okay. But discovering that upon pouring the milk into the tea, it instantly turns to cheese :-(

No intent here to start a pre/post lactarian debate.

Your presence

...It is as the mooney has foreseen...

Only for cold weather, maybe? I still don't see the issue with centigrade here. The planet isn't going to be hotter than say sixty degrees? Certainly not over 100. And then minus...Antarctica at maybe -80 max? For quick human interpretation, those figures still near more to me than doing sums to work out the temperature...

Fahrenheit for chemistry properties would sound more appropriate to me

I'm more of a Kelvin man.

• Like 1

Â