Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The prospect of harry redknobb being asked about everything England in the build up to the world cup by the london media. ........jesus as I type this he's just popped up on SSN about andros townsend !!!!!!!!

Just cos he was the people's choice for manager..........apparently.

• Like 1

'Monkey' being a racist term, a lot of monkeys have white skin, it's ridiculous, if someone with white skin actually looks like a monkey (Gareth Bale) you can say that they do, but god forbid if they were anything but white.

I see where you're coming from, but the term 'Monkey' does have a history of being used as a racist term. It doesn't realllllly matter what the word means, it could be potato for all it matters, the fact remains that it has been used in a derogatory sense against black people in the past. Which is why you can say Gareth Bale looks like a chimp, but you can't make reference to any of our monkey friends when discussing the appearance of a black person.

Trying to open those blasted thin plastic bags at the supermarket checkout and being charged for them as well.

Can't you just bring your own?

Keep using them for my cat's poo in the morning so always need more. 

Nappy bags will save you a fortune 

'Monkey' being a racist term, a lot of monkeys have white skin, it's ridiculous, if someone with white skin actually looks like a monkey (Gareth Bale) you can say that they do, but god forbid if they were anything but white.

I see where you're coming from, but the term 'Monkey' does have a history of being used as a racist term. It doesn't realllllly matter what the word means, it could be potato for all it matters, the fact remains that it has been used in a derogatory sense against black people in the past. Which is why you can say Gareth Bale looks like a chimp, but you can't make reference to any of our monkey friends when discussing the appearance of a black person.

I agree with that, it's the fact it was ever used as one, it makes no sense to me.

I agree with that, it's the fact it was ever used as one, it makes no sense to me.

Ahh I see. Well I guess if you're stupid enough to make a racist remark against someone, then you're stupid enough to assume all monkeys are black.

• Like 1

A while back when I was outside the pub having a fag I overheard a conversation that went something along the lines of

Bloke A - him, over there, that monkey over there

Bloke B - **** hell that's a bit harsh you cant just call him a monkey because he's black that's out of order

Bloke A - what do you mean

Bloke B - well its just harsh...its like calling a dog a N***er

Trying to open those blasted thin plastic bags at the supermarket checkout and being charged for them as well.

Good idea. Could save me a fortune on bog roll as well.

you ....you wipe the cats arse too ?

• Like 4

A while back when I was outside the pub having a fag I overheard a conversation that went something along the lines of

Bloke A - him, over there, that monkey over there

Bloke B - **** hell that's a bit harsh you cant just call him a monkey because he's black that's out of order

Bloke A - what do you mean

Bloke B - well its just harsh...its like calling a dog a N***er

Are you saying Wing Commander Guy Penrose Gibson VC DSO DFC was harsh?

• Like 1

you ....you wipe the cats arse too ?

I keep a supply just in case i get bullied again. (Page three in 'Strange Practices Thread).

Edited by Morpheus

Â