Hiroshi Kiyotake (1. FC Nuremberg)

Wes

The whole world, apart from one discredited social media user, can see he isn't coming to B6. Time to move on.

I have to agree with this tbh... If we get him... Great BUT I'd say it's not very likely... We need to shift Bent, Ireland, Given and then I think we can bring in a couple more players...

Are Kiyo and Kagawa best friends? If so.. The transfer will definitly happen. So excited for the outcome.

Well, the tweet above the one referred to just now is from Kagawa and says:

今日はわざわざ来てくれてありがとう!また一緒のベッドで寝ような!笑

Which means "Hi, thanks for coming especially [i.e. especially for this purpose]! Lets sleep in the same bed again! Lol"

So, yeah, could be good friends I guess :)

And Kiyotake has since tweeted several times with details of his visit to a school in Fukushima, so it looks most likely that was "the place" he had arrived at!

Intercourse_The_Penguin, are you Japanese?

Are Kiyo and Kagawa best friends? If so.. The transfer will definitly happen. So excited for the outcome.

Which means "Hi, thanks for coming especially [i.e. especially for this purpose]! Lets sleep in the same bed again! Lol"

And Kiyotake has since tweeted several times with details of his visit to a school in Fukushima, so it looks most likely that was "the place" he had arrived at!

Nah, just been trying to learn the language for several years now.

Tbh, I'm only really at intermediate level and my reading is not too hot (since learning the hundreds and hundreds of Kanji you need for full literacy is a ballache), but twitter feeds are generally nice and easy to make sense of since they're short and rarely involve complex grammatical constructions.

• Like 2

Tbh, I'm only really at intermediate level and my reading is not too hot (since learning the hundreds and hundreds of Kanji you need for full literacy is a ballache), but twitter feeds are generally nice and easy to make sense of since they're short and rarely involve complex grammatical constructions.

Sugoiiiii~ Penguin-sama!!!

• Like 4

Gambarimasu Penguin!

• Like 3

Gambarimasu Penguin!

Hey Penguin - care to translate, http://www.sanspo.com/soccer/news/20130709/jpn13070905050000-n1.html

Article covers a public appearance by Kiyotake visiting kids impacted by the earthquakes last year. At the end there is reference to Villa's interest in Kiyotake, but I can't tell if he makes reference to it in his quote. 

Would you let us know whether he does?

In the English Premier League Aston Villa of exceptional 15.48 8500000 pounds (approx. ¥ 1300000000) win again offer has given stopped talks rested firmly and want to work hard for the new season next season.

In the English Premier League Aston Villa of exceptional 15.48 8500000 pounds (approx. ¥ 1300000000) win again offer has given stopped talks rested firmly and want to work hard for the new season next season.

Well now we've offered £15.48 8500000 exceptional pounds then I'm happy to call that and say Welcome Hiroshi.

• Like 1

Take it that means bid rejected??

Err.. What?!

English Premier League Aston Villa are out to acquire re-offer 8.5 million pounds transfer fee of special (about 1.3 billion yen), but to speak, "I want to work hard towards the new season resting firmly" on towards the next season was kept. (Noboru Ito)

Thats how google translate has it.

I take that to say he was asked about our trying to buy him for 8.5 mill but he just replied that he was working hard for the new season.  Which is a standard 'no comment' type quote.

"English Premier League Aston Villa are out to acquire re-offer 8.5 million pounds transfer fee of special (about 1.3 billion yen), but to speak, "I want to work hard towards the new season resting firmly" on towards the next season was kept."

Yeah, this is a bit harder than twitter feeds!

But I'd hazard something like

"English Premier League: Aston Villa are submitting an unprecedented £8.5m transfer offer (approx... a shitload of yen), but, looking forward to next season [Kiyotake?], said [not sure what to make of the ni todometa here... perhaps "said dismissively" or "said taking no notice"... or perhaps "said to put an end to"... I dunno, a bit uncertain on that] 'I will rest and then look forward to doing my best in the new season'

Best I can do. Kind of stretching myself here. Good practice, though :)

Edit: £8.5m, obviously, not £8.5... although that would be unprecedented too, for a top player...

Edited by Intercourse_The_Penguin
  • Like 1

What does that mean?

Yeah! Its gibberish, which is why I asked the Penguin...

Yeah, this is a bit harder than twitter feeds!

But I'd hazard something like

"English Premier League: Aston Villa are submitting an unprecedented £8.5m transfer offer (approx... a shitload of yen), but, looking forward to next season [Kiyotake?], said [not sure what to make of the ni todometa here... perhaps "said dismissively" or "said taking no notice"... or perhaps "said to put an end to"... I dunno, a bit uncertain on that] 'I will rest and then look forward to doing my best in the new season'

Best I can do. Kind of stretching myself here. Good practice, though :)

Edit: £8.5m, obviously, not £8.5... although that would be unprecedented too, for a top player...

Hmm..hopefully he was just being coy/professional in stopping the line of question, rather than putting end to the speculation...

Edited by ryu.yokoi