Hiroshi Kiyotake (1. FC Nuremberg)

Wes

Why the hell would we bid £600k under his release clause and expect them to accept?

Mental.

Well that's it. Save money I guess, if it were true. Not sure other than that.

Maybe as a way of confirming our interest to the player but slowing things down as we're waiting to off load someone first. Or possibly the exact figure of the 'release clause', if there is one, was in doubt.

I'll be honest I know the square of sod all about the player but it's been an entertaining bit of speculation and it'd be very funny, considering the abuse she's received, if Julie B turns out to be correct. Even if she's done herself no favours with her tweets.

Could just be paper talk, but the Japanese Sports daily Sankei Sports (known as Sanspo) is reporting on 7/6 that Villa, having had an offer rejected at 1.1 Billion Yen (7.5MM Pounds), has returned to Nuremberg with a new bid at 1.3 Billion Yen (8.5 MM Pounds). What I find interesting is that:

1) They had previously reported the initial inquiry a few days ago, and this was a fresh story they just put on the wire.

2) They are attributing the story to their print edition rather than to European papers or nebulous websites.

No discussion of Nuremberg's reaction to the alleged new bid is noted.

Latest story on reupped offer:

http://www.sanspo.com/soccer/news/20130706/bun13070605030000-n1.html

Story on the initial offer being rejected:

http://www.sanspo.com/soccer/news/20130704/bun13070405030001-n1.html

Also, I think any reports saying we'll see Hiroshi at Bodymoor anytime soon are prob rubbish - according to his verified twitter account (13_hiroshi), he just participated in a charity event organized by United's Shinji Kagawa, and his official blog has him doing a promotional event for the Japanese FMCG firm Asahi on Monday, so it looks like he is in Japan this week. It might be worthwhile keeping tracking of the Tokyo sports dailies in the coming days... 

Expect the worst, hope for the best.  

Edited by ryu.yokoi
  • Like 3

Why the hell would we bid £600k under his release clause and expect them to accept?

Mental.

Maybe as a way of confirming our interest to the player but slowing things down as we're waiting to off load someone first. Or possibly the exact figure of the 'release clause', if there is one, was in doubt.

I'll be honest I know the square of sod all about the player but it's been an entertaining bit of speculation and it'd be very funny, considering the abuse she's received, if Julie B turns out to be correct. Even if she's done herself no favours with her tweets.

Just to weigh in

We may have offered less than the clause as meeting the clause means that its a straight cash deal.

Rather than offer that, it is entirely possible that we are trying to structure some deal with a lower fee but more add-ons such as appearance and sell-on clauses to incentivize Nuremberg into accepting the lower initial amount

Good for us as we don't have to meet the fee initially and save a little money (Think about what Lambert could do with 600k!) Good for them as potentially they receive more money than the actual clause amount

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that if there is a clause, his agent has told us about it in which case he wants to come and this gets done at some point soon. The report of a second bid seems to indicate that he is our number 1 target and interestingly no-one else seems to be linked with him.....

If there is a clause, Nuremberg's only real move to keep him is to get him to sign a new contract with a higher clause or no clause at all, asap

Edited by villa4life

I think transfer fee clauses can only be triggered by paying the whole sum at once unless the selling club agrees otherwise, if the reports of our first offers were true we probably offered to pay 7,5 million over the certain time and then add-ons.

Mental.

Were using the alan partridge house buying haggle method

"How much is it up for"

"£155,000"

"Will you take £154,000?"

I think the sale of a player or two may help facilitate any further strengthening of the first team

Well, if we DO want him, it may mean we have to 'anticipate' those sales and cough up the release clause on the back of it.

My original point is that whilst in the case of release clauses there is an absolute amount that will secure the player's services, it is still possible to get a deal done for less.

It is advantageous to us as the entire amount does not have to be booked into a single calendar year's finances (And essentially the finances are what have been dictating our policy for the last couple of years)

Im not too worried over the club quibbling over the odd 500k. If anything the last few years should have shown us that casually tossing money away on fees and wages just because, is a recipe for disaster. (Its always easier to spend other peoples money eh)

Who knows why we are trying to save the money, maybe there's another marquee signing mooted for whom we may need to save the pennies for...

If other teams were making bids that were being accepted and we were still offering less, THEN I'd be worried

I think the sale of a player or two may help facilitate any further strengthening of the first team

Well, if we DO want him, it may mean we have to 'anticipate' those sales and cough up the release clause on the back of it.

and we may still do but I'll point you to the six players we have signed already

Mental.

If we trigger Kiyotake's release clause with an official bid, we could be gazumped by another club coming in with a higher bid at the last minute.

Triggering the release clause could trigger a bidding war.

We don't want to get into a bidding war. We want to know if Nuremberg will accept their baseline price for him. If they had, we could wrap up the transfer without any other club being alerted to our deal. Doesn't seem like they will. 

How can we be "gazumped" by a higher bid if we've met his release clause?

Clubs can accept higher offers and then 'encourage' their player to go with the bigger offer one.

It's unusual though.

I think the bidding war in this instance is other clubs matching the release clause and offering more wages.

It's still rumbling away.....

http://linkis.com/dlvr.it/5xcD

Nuremberg: Drmic sign Kiyotake to Villa?

As foreseen for several days, the leaders of Nuremberg formalized the arrival of Josip Drmic. The German management has paid 2.2 million to recruit FC Zurich striker, who signed a four-year lease.

In the other direction, the German team has rejected a new offer from Aston Villa for Hiroshi Kiyotake. According to Kicker, having made ​​a proposal for 7.5 million euros, the Villains are back with an estimated 8.5 million slightly higher offer.

Strangely, I heard info today that would side with Julie (about our attempts to sign him) but that our (highest) attempted bid fell 600k under his clause.

I dont like posting things like this, have been wrong in the past, but the person who told me would have no idea who Julie is.

Mental.

No he didn't Con. DK said that.  :rolleyes:

lol, no, I'm right post #560

No Con you're wrong as usual.

DK made the statement and the poster then replied by questioning it.