Hiroshi Kiyotake (1. FC Nuremberg)

Wes

What does that mean?

Yeah! Its gibberish, which is why I asked the Penguin...

Yeah, this is a bit harder than twitter feeds!

But I'd hazard something like

"English Premier League: Aston Villa are submitting an unprecedented £8.5m transfer offer (approx... a shitload of yen), but, looking forward to next season [Kiyotake?], said [not sure what to make of the ni todometa here... perhaps "said dismissively" or "said taking no notice"... or perhaps "said to put an end to"... I dunno, a bit uncertain on that] 'I will rest and then look forward to doing my best in the new season'

Best I can do. Kind of stretching myself here. Good practice, though :)

Edit: £8.5m, obviously, not £8.5... although that would be unprecedented too, for a top player...

Hmm..hopefully he was just being coy/professional in stopping the line of question, rather than putting end to the speculation...

Yeah, hopefully. Really no idea how to read that. Never come across todomeru used in this way before, let alone the hanasu ni todomeru construction. Best I can do is educated guesses.

(I want to believe) :)

プレミアリーグに興味がわいてきたのでは?

清武 そうですね。真司君と電話で話すと「プレミアはすごい」って言いますから。そういうのを聞くと意識するようになるし、行ってみたい国にはなりますよね。

Your interest in the premier league is growing, isn't it?

Yes. I spoke to Shinji-kun [i.e. Kagawa] on the phone and he said "the premier league is great!" Hearing that raised my awareness and that is becoming the country I want to try myself in.

Again, that's my best shot. I'm far from fluent, but fairly confident that's a decent translation.

I really do want to believe this one...

• Like 1

I really do want to believe this one...

Just hope for the best and expect the worst. Until we see him holding a kit up and/or taking an embarrasing shot at a physical exam, Believe nothing!

In effect all players have a release clause,  you just meet the valuation the selling team wants.  Whether that valuation is set at the start of the contract or when the offer is made

problem is now they know have money.

If, for example, we offer £10m for Kiyotake. Faulkner should just say to Nuremburg "That bloody Lerner has only given us £10m to spend from the £30m Benteke money! Can you believe it?! He's pocketed the rest. No doubt he wants to buy petrol for his jet LOLOLOL... So yeah, £10m is our final offer".

Whilst making the same offer and claims for Benteke's £10m replacement.

:D

Easy!

• Like 1

I think JulieB has deleted her twitter account :P

Obviously doesn't think this is going ahead anymore and couldn't face the shame. 

EDIT - my mistake she hasn't!

The saga continues!!!

Edited by KjParton