Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

A dollar 70 to enter, if you can work out how.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Barkley-Marathons-Race-That-Young/dp/B01MYMWPYV

A famous prison escape sparks the idea for a cult-like race that has seen only 10 finishers in its first 25 years.

Edited by astondalston
Composition

There is a 4 part true crime doc series on  Richard Ramirez starting on Netflix on Jan 13th called Night Stalker that hopefully will be good.

Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer Poster

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Crack on Netflix

its good and worth a watch, solid 7/10, does a good job of showing you what crack did to the black community and why it was so popular, did a decent job with the CIA stuff

easier to say what it didnt do

Spoiler

it said a couple of times that two thirds of crack users were white yet it didnt have any real footage or stories from white crack users (bar the middle class ex sportsman and journo) there was no real evidence of it plaguing white communities

i think they could have added another 10 to 20 mins detailing the discrepancies between crack and cocaine, i thought they got the poor persons drug and how they used it to punish undesirables side of it down but not so much the leniency towards the rich white mans drug bar the opening chapter

the biggest detriment to it is that 13th exists and that its a better film

• Like 1

Just finished watching 'Capital in the 21st Century' on Amazon Prime, fairly good watch if you're into the whole Political theory/Pseudo-Science thing.

On the same theme I would also recommend anything by Adam Curtis which is all available on Youtube, again along the lines of Political Theory with some very interesting takes on modern day society.

Particularly enjoyed this one, focuses on our very own 'Great' Britain: 

Edited by Osirus
Added the correct link
  • Like 2

On 01/01/2021 at 12:04, sne said:

There is a 4 part true crime doc series on  Richard Ramirez starting on Netflix on Jan 13th called Night Stalker that hopefully will be good.

Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer Poster

I was hoping Mindhunters was going to feature Ramirez. He was pure evil. I do like how he was chased down by a mob and beaten before he was finally arrested.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I was hoping Mindhunters was going to feature Ramirez. He was pure evil. I do like how he was chased down by a mob and beaten before he was finally arrested.

Thanks for reminding me of this one :D 

Watched night stalker on Netflix, very good, very well put together, surprised he's not more in pop culture, saw there's been 2 low budget films made about him but not a big one, I'd never heard of him to be honest, the photo of him in the last episode is haunting, proper evil looking bastard

Think the biggest shock in it was th age of the cops! They said in one of the news reports salerno was 46 in 1985 making him 81, crazy 

I'm In The Band. Short but sweet documentary about arguably the best Swedish Rock and Roll band ever, The Hellacopters (The Nomads are also up there). Not sure if it's available with subtitles yet but I imagine it will be before long. Wish it was longer but it's kinda fitting I guess.

I'm in the Band Poster

• Thanks 1

Â