Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Luke Moore isnt leaving Villa. No way.

Do Villa see Luke Moore as Champions League quality in the future?. :winkold:

I would think so.Luke is the kind of player that will end up doing well wherever he goes.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the much vaunted youth prospects of a few years ago we facethe prospect of losing Davis, Ridgewell and Moore.

Maybe they weren't that good afterall

Of the much vaunted youth prospects of a few years ago we facethe prospect of losing Davis, Ridgewell and Moore.

To be fair Rich this was the only hope we had at the time, swirling around in a pit of Ellis made despair the kids was the ONLY thing the Villa had going for it IMO.

FWIW I think Moore will be a very good player, the others can go.

Ridgewell I would still like to see stay but is far from the finished product, Davis has always had limitations and Luke is still a very hot prospect.

Also, all three are still Villa players.

Wow, I couldn't figure out what you guys were talking about "celebrates with a dummy" until someone posted the picture. Over here a dummy is a puppet you use in a ventriloquist act. :lol: I'm not sure which is more strange.

Yes, what we call a dummy, you would call a "pacifier", I think.

I must get around to writing that American English-British English dictionary.

The only one of those 3 I was confident would get to the top was Moore, and I still think he can - and will, given the right scenario.

The only one of those 3 I was confident would get to the top was Moore, and I still think he can - and will, given the right scenario.

They were good enough to keep us in the league for a few seasons and if we didn't have the success we have had with the academy graduates we would have vanished into the championship a long time ago!

Thankfully we no longer have to rely on the academy to provide our best players, the current and future crop will be playing and learning from much better players around them so maybe in the coming years we can produce a really world class player from the set up.

Agreed KKR, but to say that maybe they weren't that good after all is maybe a little unkind because as I said, I think Moore is still that good and his goalscoring record shows that for the minutes he's on the pitch and his overall attacking contribution.

Under no circumstances should we be selling Luke Moore. He is the best finisher at the club. Give him time and he will be a 20 goal a season striker.

Ridgewell and Davis have more to prove but they should be willing to give it another season before heading off to those hot-beds of football like Fulham and Derby!

I agree also, i think Davis and Ridgewell are good players also. I wouldn't mind keeping them as backup/rotation here but they are of a calibre where they can start for a mid table team and would most likely rather go and start elswhere.

While i realise we are still in this bracket it is obvious our goals are higher and as such over the next season we will push on both with the quality of players we sign and our position and standing within the league. Obviously in MON's eyes in terms of where we want to be at CB and CM we are looking for something else. That isn't to say that whoever we bring in IF we need to replace these two will be of a much better quality, it just may be that MON sees them as more suitable for what he is trying to put together.

Id keep all three, perhaps loan one or two out as we are no longer in a position where we need to sell to buy.

Ok sparky, heres the deal.

Out : Samuel (free), Hendrie (free), DJDJ (0.5 M), Davis (4 M), Ridgewell (2M), McCann (1M), Sutton (released).

Hughes may stay as cover.Delaney offered pay as you play.Olly and Luke to be offered new contracts.Sorensen offered short term deal to fight for his place. I know others have left but not really affecting first team squad.

In : Gordon (6M), Finnan (2M), Ben Haim (free), Reo Coker (8M), Sneijder (10M), Fred (9M).

Money out 35M money in 7.5M Net spend 27.5M

Squad : Gordon, Sorensen, Taylor.

Defence : Finnan, Mellberg, Laursen, Ben Haim, Cahill, Bouma, Hughes, Delaney, O'Halloran.

Midfield : Young, Petrov, Reo Coker, Sneijder, Barry, Berger, Gardner, Maloney, Osbourne.

Strikers : Carew, Fred, Agbonglahor, Moore.

There you go, a well balanced first team squad. With plenty of youth and experience. Also plenty of players who can cover many positions and would keep a strong first eleven who ever was in.

A feasonable amount of money spent with feasonable exciting and steady new playesr purchased.

Europe, here we come!

Just watched an exclusive with Reo-Coker on SSN. Said he didn't know where his future lay but that it wasn't at West Ham. Said that he was concentrating on the u21's and that it was up to clubs to agree a deal with WHU and he'd take it from there. SSN also said that we're favourites to sign him.

Havn't seen anything to suggest that he wants to go to Newcastle, can anyone link this Sun article?

Out : Samuel (free), Hendrie (free), DJDJ (0.5 M), Davis (4 M), Ridgewell (2M), McCann (1M), Sutton (released).

Hughes may stay as cover.Delaney offered pay as you play.Olly and Luke to be offered new contracts.Sorensen offered short term deal to fight for his place. I know others have left but not really affecting first team squad.

In : Gordon (6M), Finnan (2M), Ben Haim (free), Reo Coker (8M), Sneijder (10M), Fred (9M).

Defence : Finnan, Mellberg, Laursen, Ben Haim, Cahill, Bouma, Hughes, Delaney, O'Halloran.

Midfield : Young, Petrov, Reo Coker, Sneijder, Barry, Berger, Gardner, Maloney, Osbourne.

There you go, a well balanced first team squad. With plenty of youth and experience. Also plenty of players who can cover many positions and would keep a strong first eleven who ever was in.

A feasonable amount of money spent with feasonable exciting and steady new playesr purchased.

Europe, here we come!

That would be brilliant!!!

Europe, here we come!

That would be brilliant!!!

Agreed, Quality Squad with plenty of options.... id just prefer Barton over Reo-c !!

Just watched an exclusive with Reo-Coker on SSN. Said he didn't know where his future lay but that it wasn't at West Ham. Said that he was concentrating on the u21's and that it was up to clubs to agree a deal with WHU and he'd take it from there. SSN also said that we're favourites to sign him.

Havn't seen anything to suggest that he wants to go to Newcastle, can anyone link this Sun article?

NIGEL REO-COKER has begged Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce to end his West Ham nightmare.

Reo-Coker is desperate to quit Upton Park and would love the chance to link up with Allardyce at St James’ Park.

Big Sam, who continues to track Manchester City bad-boy Joey Barton, tried to land the England Under-21 skipper for Bolton last season but Hammers boss Alan Curbishley refused to let him go.

Now, with Scott Parker on his way to East London, Reo-Coker wants a chance to fill the void.

New Trotters boss Sammy Lee continues to keep tabs on the midfielder, 23, who is available for around £8million.

His agent Tony Finnegan said: “Sam Allardyce knows how to get in contact with Nigel and we would welcome a call.

“If Sam said he wanted to speak, Nigel would be on the train in a shot. It would be very interesting to see what his plans are for Newcastle.â€

Meanwhile, Mike Ashley’s Toon takeover moved a step closer last night when the club’s board agreed to consider his offer.

A statement released to the Stock Exchange said: “The board of Newcastle United announces that there was a meeting with Mike Ashley and his team at which there was a useful and constructive discussion.

“The board will now consider its response to the offer from St James Holdings Ltd.â€

Ashley owns a 41.6 per cent stake in the club after buying Sir John Hall’s shares. He will release a statement to shareholders next week detailing his vision for Newcastle.

Stock Exchange rules say the 43-year-old must submit a formal takeover bid.

He is hopeful of further progress by the end of next week.

sopi

He is ours, he will sign i have a feeling about this one, similar to the Young deal! Earlier this week i said that next week we would see the first signing and i think this will be the one to get us rolling.

With regard to the Sun article we do not know the question asked of the agent, could have been along the lines of 'Has Fat Sam been in contact' answer 'No' would Nigel like him to call' answer as in the Sun. I feel that NRC is signing for us, if the Barcodes wanted him I am sure the deal would be now completed ala the Carew/Baros deal. Good signing, big improvement on Gav.