Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

This may be totaly irrelevant, but Rafa Benitez has tried to replace Finnan before......

If they (liverpool) are after Alvez, Finnan is a realistic target IMO.

Really?when and with whom?I hope he tries to replace him again then.Finnan would solve our RB problems for this season at least.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Aliadiere seemingly on his way to Boro, do you think we can discount the Luke Moore to Boro speculation?

No we can't because boro are losing two strikers in christie and viduka.Aliadiere only fills in one of the striking positions.We don't have to worry i reckon.Moore wouldn't choose to leave villa for boro and mon himself said he isn't trying to force anyone out and that he it would be great to keep the club's promising youngsters.

Dio, Diomansy, Diomansy Kamera will take up the other Boro striking position i reckon.

Tottenham have been properly linked with Alan Smith and a 7M move.

Jesus, a target man instead of Darren Bent? Not a third poacher G. Spurs?

Surely not you promised with a 95% margin...

You need to remember that we are almost certainly selling Mido this summer. So even if Bent arrives, a replacement for Mido will likely be needed - given the demands of another campaign on four fronts next season. This is of course unless Defoe stays (which is still quite possible BTW).

In any case, most sensible clubs take steps to develop possible fall-back plans in case their preferred options don't bear fruit.

95% remains the case with Bent, so in that respect I wouldn't read much into an enquiry (not a bid) about Smith.

Its bad enough that this thread is 541 pages long so its hard to get any real info but people having slanging matches make it tiwice as fooking long to read. The last few pages ive read ive learnt nothing.

Agreed, so Rocafella/JB leave it there. I've trawled back through the last few pages and deleted the offending posts and feel that no punishment is necessary this time, but you have been warned.

This may be totaly irrelevant, but Rafa Benitez has tried to replace Finnan before......

If they (liverpool) are after Alvez, Finnan is a realistic target IMO.

Really?when and with whom?I hope he tries to replace him again then.Finnan would solve our RB problems for this season at least.

You know, i can't for the life of me remember the blokes name. it was after the Champions league victory. The bloke turned out to be shit.

Benitez actually has purchased quite a few right backs, but Finnan keeps proving to be the best option. I really rate him and would love to see him come to Villa, but I just can't see Benitez being silly enough to let him go.

Benitez actually has purchased quite a few right backs, but Finnan keeps proving to be the best option. I really rate him and would love to see him come to Villa, but I just can't see Benitez being silly enough to let him go.

Unless they get Alvez that is.

Unless they get Alvez that is.

True, I guess, but even then I for one would try very hard to accomodate both in the squad.

I would absolutely love to be proven wrong though and see Finnan sign for us. I guess these days we can't rule anything or anyone out anymore, can we? Feels good :)

glaston, no offence and i actually find your posts honest and talk sense...however...

you are now up to 107 posts on a villa fansite, are spurs fan sites really that crap or do you just have a soft spot for the villa...or just lots of time on your hands??

I'm part of part of an elite squad - code-name: Berbatov - tasked with gathering secret info. for Spurs concerning all Prem. club. Every comment on this board is filtered by me, then sifted and analysed by teams of skilled cryptographers and pyscho-linguists and painstakingly cross-matched to tens of thousands of other info. sources : a veritable goldmine of valuable info. for Daniel Levy and Martin Jol as they plot our coming world domination.

All my posts - including this one - are skilfully designed to extract additional nuggets from unwitting respondees. Even now knowing this won't help you avoid the trap.

Ok sparky, heres the deal.

Out : Samuel (free), Hendrie (free), DJDJ (0.5 M), Davis (4 M), Ridgewell (2M), McCann (1M), Sutton (released).

Hughes may stay as cover.Delaney offered pay as you play.Olly and Luke to be offered new contracts.Sorensen offered short term deal to fight for his place. I know others have left but not really affecting first team squad.

In : Gordon (6M), Finnan (2M), Ben Haim (free), Reo Coker (8M), Sneijder (10M), Fred (9M).

Money out 35M money in 7.5M Net spend 27.5M

Squad : Gordon, Sorensen, Taylor.

Defence : Finnan, Mellberg, Laursen, Ben Haim, Cahill, Bouma, Hughes, Delaney, O'Halloran.

Midfield : Young, Petrov, Reo Coker, Sneijder, Barry, Berger, Gardner, Maloney, Osbourne.

Strikers : Carew, Fred, Agbonglahor, Moore.

There you go, a well balanced first team squad. With plenty of youth and experience. Also plenty of players who can cover many positions and would keep a strong first eleven who ever was in.

A feasonable amount of money spent with feasonable exciting and steady new playesr purchased.

Europe, here we come!

Am I missing something, who the hell is Fred?

glaston, no offence and i actually find your posts honest and talk sense...however...

you are now up to 107 posts on a villa fansite, are spurs fan sites really that crap or do you just have a soft spot for the villa...or just lots of time on your hands??

I'm part of part of an elite squad - code-name: Berbatov - tasked with gathering secret info. for Spurs concerning all Prem. club. Every comment on this board is filtered by me, then sifted and analysed by teams of skilled cryptographers and pyscho-linguists and painstakingly cross-matched to tens of thousands of other info. sources : a veritable goldmine of valuable info. for Daniel Levy and Martin Jol as they plot our coming world domination.

All my posts - including this one - are skilfully designed to extract additional nuggets from unwitting respondees. Even now knowing this won't help you avoid the trap.

Yepp! Looks like a spurs fan to me!

So when are the intergalactic assosiates comming to give you all those kryptonite crystals before you go to bed in the evenings?

Do they still put bromide in the tea?

Out : Samuel (free), Hendrie (free), DJDJ (0.5 M), Davis (4 M), Ridgewell (2M), McCann (1M), Sutton (released).

Hughes may stay as cover.Delaney offered pay as you play.Olly and Luke to be offered new contracts.Sorensen offered short term deal to fight for his place. I know others have left but not really affecting first team squad.

In : Gordon (6M), Finnan (2M), Ben Haim (free), Reo Coker (8M), Sneijder (10M), Fred (9M).

Defence : Finnan, Mellberg, Laursen, Ben Haim, Cahill, Bouma, Hughes, Delaney, O'Halloran.

Midfield : Young, Petrov, Reo Coker, Sneijder, Barry, Berger, Gardner, Maloney, Osbourne.

There you go, a well balanced first team squad. With plenty of youth and experience. Also plenty of players who can cover many positions and would keep a strong first eleven who ever was in.

A feasonable amount of money spent with feasonable exciting and steady new playesr purchased.

Europe, here we come!

Fred is a Brazilian striker playing for Lyon in France. A very skillful striker.

He is one of the latest to be linked with Villa...probably a good friend to Carew. :winkold:

Europe, here we come!

Fred is a Brazilian striker playing for Lyon in France. A very skillful striker.

He is one of the latest to be linked with Villa...probably a good friend to Carew. :winkold:

Right, thanks for the info. Sounds good to me, bring on the Fred.

Is this information speculation, or backed by some sort of inside information?

Europe, here we come!

2 CL stars up front

This whole site is a double bluff maintained by General Krulak for the mis-feeding of information. Knowing this will not stop you reporting it back. I am 95% certain of it.