Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

How condescending is that!

Why is it condescending?

All I've said is that Zokora is not crap (as alleged) and with Jenas in CM as well there is no obvious place for NRC in our starting central midfield - and therefore that I don't think Spurs will be after him.

Or am I supposed to think that NRC should displace Zokora or Jenas just because Villa are after him?

Every team has weaker areas they want to strengthen (ours is LM, but not especially CM). If you want NRC then I guess CM is one area where Villa wish to strengthen - simple as that.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I'd be slightly worried about is that NRC has allegedly got his heart set on a move to Newcastle. And we already know what he's like when his head is not in the right place. If he moves here, will he be seeing it as a bad 2nd choice ?

Allegedly set on Villa aswell. Tons of potential. Any player with the strife at West Ham this season would of been tested. Reo Coker, Barton or Parker= Reo Coker by a country mile.

Jenas is a luxury player. He swans around and has very good feet but your spot on Patrick, he's ineffective. On villatalk I think we have a habit of overating foreign talents like ribery, van der vaart and juninho pernambucano, saying they are out of villa's league yet we underate many english talents like NRC. The foriegn players I've mentioned are very good players but they play in a weaker league. NRC has two full seasons in the prem, one very good, one below par as well as some championship experience. I think he'll learnt some valuable llessons this year and could be a very useful addition to our squad.

I don't want us to sell Moore, but if we did and replaced him with Fred i guess id be delighted. Id Rather we just signed Fred and kept Moore also!

Yes BOF i share the same feeling.

There were quotes a week ago that seemed Taylor was in talks with Villa and was set to sign, next thing Harry says he ain't going anywhere and tahts the end of it all!!!

How certain are we this time that NRC is set on stone to join us!!

How certain are you in regards to his preferred destination.

We'll need another forward without letting anybody go.

Luke started the season and played very well. Then he gets a serious injury and MON didnt rush him back. Thats all. When he did get a couple of chances, he buried them, thus proving he is a very useful weapon.

We dont need money and we would need to spend 8-10m to replace him so its pointless. A loan deal at worst case and thats if we get TWO strikers in.

No, Luke will be very much in MONs plans next season.

I don't want us to sell Moore, but if we did and replaced him with Fred i guess id be delighted. Id Rather we just signed Fred and kept Moore also!

I think Id be happy too, but I dont see us being in a position yet where we can keep our 'bright young stars' happy on the bench - or not even on the bench...

If someone of Freds calibre joined then Luke Moore would be 4th choice striker and I think, as he probably does, he is too good for that - so we could end up selling him on and bringing in someone from the lower leagues as a 4th choice...

Wheres this 'Fred' emerged from today then? :?

Is there actually any quotes on him or just another good video of a player found on you tube that we should sign?? :roll:

Some bloke on the OS message board claim hes 100% sure hes going to sign...

Well, if all goes according to plan expect:

West Ham fans - Parker is brilliant, Villa and Newcastle are mugs

Newcastle fans - Barton is brilliant, West Ham and Villa are mugs

Villa fans - Re0-Coker is brilliant, West Ham and Newcastle are mugs

If it's true that MON has been on holiday I'm rather convinced that most of our deals are set and done. I don't thin he'd go on a holiday at this time if not most work is already done. So, that's good in my eyes. If true.

NRC. Well, some seems to like him a lot and that will do for me for a while. :P Especially if he's one of MONs first choices. That's pretty important he is. Here's for hoping.

IMO the only players we need to get rid of (or should get rid of) this Summer are Samuel (done) Hendrie (almost done) Djemba-Djemba, Hughes, Ridgewell, those two young keepers and possible McCann. I am sure we will be buying some quality players in those positions as well as another Striker. No reason why we should get rid of any of the other youngsters.

Well, if all goes according to plan expect:

West Ham fans - Parker is brilliant, Villa and Newcastle are mugs

Newcastle fans - Barton is brilliant, West Ham and Villa are mugs

Villa fans - Re0-Coker is brilliant, West Ham and Newcastle are mugs

There all good players. But 1 with big potential.

Yes BOF i share the same feeling.

There were quotes a week ago that seemed Taylor was in talks with Villa and was set to sign, next thing Harry says he ain't going anywhere and tahts the end of it all!!!

How certain are we this time that NRC is set on stone to join us!!

How certain are you in regards to his preferred destination.

I know about as much to that answer as you do, hence why i asked the question first of all. :winkold:

Luke Moore isnt leaving Villa. No way.

Do Villa see Luke Moore as Champions League quality in the future?. :winkold:

Well, why not?

1 year left on his contract. 1st team place guaranteed, not gonna happen. What's he gonna do?.

To throw another name into the pot (i know it started an intense debate before but sod it!)-

European heavyweights Juventus and Barcelona are reportedly ready to battle it out for the signature of Liverpool midfielder Momo Sissoko.

The Mali international is keen to have talks with Reds chief Rafa Benitez over his lack of first-team action at Anfield after the January arrival of Javier Mascherano.

"If I am not to leave," Sissoko told Tuttosport, "Then I must play more."

But with Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso and Mascherano already ahead of the 22-year-old in the central-midfield pecking order, and the likelihood of further additions being made to the squad, Sissoko looks almost certain to be surplus to requirements.

Signed from Valencia for £5.6million in July 2005, Sissoko has made 36 Premiership starts and could command a fee in the region £7million.

Juventus are looking to stengthen after returning to Serie A following relegation for their part in the Italian match-fixing scandal, while Barcelona are keen to add more bite to their midfield to supplement the attacking flair of Ronaldinho and company.

7mil = bargain!

I think he'll sign a new contract and continue to develop into a quality player with the opportunities typical of any rising star in a very good Premier League team.

It is a difuicult situation with Moore, as he enters his last year of his contract.

If he does not play a lot this coming season and if as expected we sign another striker he will then be 4th or even 5th choice.

I cant see him then wanting to sign a new contract and he will then leave and will go for next to nothing, so do you take the option to sell him now for a couple of million or risk losing him for next to nothing??, personally take the money.

We have lost out too many timesin the past on the Bosman ruling!!

I say get MON to sweet talk him and then offer him a new contract.I any of our striers get injured next season he could have a runout in the team and its a very long season.Letting him go would be a bad mistake.Spurs has a pretty strong striker quartet so why cant we have the same?