Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Reo-Coker doesn't feel wanted

By Andrew Scurr - Created on 1 Jun 2007

Nigel Reo-Coker claims he has felt unwanted at West Ham since January and that is the reason for him handing in a transfer request.

Skysports.com revealed this week that the Hammers captain had asked for a transfer having become disillusioned with life at Upton Park.

Speaking exclusively to Sky Sports News, Reo-Coker explained the reasons behind his decision to quit the club where he spent the past four seasons.

"My personal feeling is I'm not wanted at West Ham United regardless of what's printed in the papers and what's been said," he said.

"I just don't feel wanted and it's the way that I've been feeling for a very long time, since January.

"It's disappointing and heartbreaking just to see that I'm not wanted."

He added: "It will be sad (to leave), very sad. It's not a nice way to leave a club, I don't think any player wants to leave a club under these circumstances."

Aston Villa, Newcastle and Tottenham are believed to be keen on the 23-year-old England Under 21 midfielder, with the former thought to be favourites for his signature.

However, Reo-Coker is not thinking about his future destination until after this month's European Under 21 championship.

"There's no progress, I don't know where my future lies right now," he added. "All I'm just trying to do is prepare myself for the Under 21s.

"I honestly don't pay any attention to that (speculation) at the moment.

"At the end of the day if a club wants me they can contact West Ham United and they'll deal with that side of it."

Clicky...

I feel like that on here!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocafella has spoken people. Nobody mention Finnan again.

Finnan was the best RB in the league last year. Why would he leave and why would they let him leave for £2 million?

Liverpool won't sell Steve Finnan, this is the wildest link yet.

Sure he is 31 years and a bit of a gray player, but he is Mr. Consistent and he will stay there until he retires.

Dream on

If Liverpool sign Dani Alves,Finnan might not want to be sitting on the bench seeing that he's already 31.Then we can swoop for him.If not the there's always Lahm or Richards.

How come West Ham fans thinks they are bigger than us? We are getting constant beat over at that KUMB forum, I think they must be the most f'cked up fans in the country. As far as I know they have never won the league. They have a smaller stadium, they have been in the Championship for ages and a shitty squad. Funny

because they are clueless deluded fucktards and KU-NT, sorry, KUMB is a site run infested with thick deluded shammer scum...

I am thinking Dani Alves is a RM target, he is way too much offensive for Benitez' liking, as a defender I mean.

Also, Jermaine Pennant is a terrible winger and he won't be a regular after the next season. I actually heard him

mentioning Ronaldo and how he struggled the first season at United. Sure, Pennant is gonna be the next Ronaldo.

Finnan leaving Liverpool is like Neville/Giggs/Scholes leaving United or Barry/Mellberg leaving us to so speak.

glaston, no offence and i actually find your posts honest and talk sense...however...

you are now up to 107 posts on a villa fansite, are spurs fan sites really that crap or do you just have a soft spot for the villa...or just lots of time on your hands??

id love nrc, gordon and sneider, with maybe bellamy on top we would be laughing....

NRC or Barton, Imo Barton will go to Newcastle.

I only love beans on toast!

But wouldn't you think Fat Sam would try to sign a certain Kevin Nolan? I guess he is in the same role, perhaps he is going to sign two and throw out the hopeless Emre?

On NRC. I maybe putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5, but Sky keep saying we're favorites, and they have interviewed him today.

Im confident he will be signing for us.Newcastle probly arent even interested.If they wanted him then they would've swapped him with parker and newcastle wouldve been given permission to talk to NRC.Newcastle will probly go for nolan or barton.That leaves us with NRC.Haven't watched him often tbh.Just the odd shammers game and in those games he looks quality.

Its bad enough that this thread is 541 pages long so its hard to get any real info but people having slanging matches make it tiwice as fooking long to read. The last few pages ive read ive learnt nothing.

Its bad enough that this thread is 541 pages long so its hard to get any real info but people having slanging matches make it tiwice as fooking long to read. The last few pages ive read ive learnt nothing.

And nothing from the last 300 pages I bet :roll:

I totally agree.People wanting to have a go at each other should just pm each other.

With Aliadiere seemingly on his way to Boro, do you think we can discount the Luke Moore to Boro speculation?

No we can't because boro are losing two strikers in christie and viduka.Aliadiere only fills in one of the striking positions.We don't have to worry i reckon.Moore wouldn't choose to leave villa for boro and mon himself said he isn't trying to force anyone out and that he it would be great to keep the club's promising youngsters.