Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez actually has purchased quite a few right backs, but Finnan keeps proving to be the best option. I really rate him and would love to see him come to Villa, but I just can't see Benitez being silly enough to let him go.

Unless they get Alvez that is.

Nah, if they signed Alves he'd play at RM....they tried to sign him last summer, fee was too high so signed Pennant instead.

I hereby declare that if we sign Fred, i will have his name upon my shirt!

Now if D**g Ell**s was still in charge you'd never get away with just the four letters - it'd be "Chaves Gueves".

According to Central Tonight, Blues beat us to the signing of Parnaby... Bullshit surely??

load of shit...

parnaby is shit..

worse than hughes...

all that is Blooz trying to prove desperatly how great a signing he is (cough, splutter) that they beat the mighty club who shall not be named to his signature

shows how small time they are

Don't see anyone actually saying Blues beat us to the signature. What I do see is a load of crap in their article about Boro preparing a swoop for Luke Moore. Apparently this player lost his place after September and after that only made however many appearances as sub. Without mentioning that he was out having an operation for a good part of that time.

Gotta love the Mail. :roll:

O'Neill - I hear you're selling Stuart?

Southgate - Yes - you interested?

O'Neill - No, thanks, but he's a decent lad and I wish him the best. Anyway, how's the wife...

This conversation = a link to the Scummy Evening Mail.

My loathing of local media runs very deep although I laughed my pants off when Tom Ross (Blose clearing in the woods off Gold for those of you who don't know him) kept on promising listeners that the newly installed O'Neill would be speaking with him after a match after promising to do so the week before and not turning up.

Did he show, did he chuff!!!

:clap:

OK, thinking about what the premiership squads will look like in the future...

So correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say there's probably around 50-75 world class players playing today... that's factoring around 3-4 for your heavyweight champions league teams, and 1 or 2 for your sqauds a level below that. And there's probably, what, 500 top class players? That's a guesstimation, but it's sort of moot for my point... that being, that there's easily enough top class players to fill up every squad in the premiership.

And I think the Premiership is fast becoming the league of choice, what with all the money coming in and the big TV contract, English teams are going to do nothing but get stronger.

That being said, are we fast approaching a time when squads are full of nothing but (at least) top class players (excepting maybe the promoted teams)? And most importantly from our point of view, is this what Randy and MON are thinking? If so, it's imperative that we get the jump on other teams. Establish ourselves by the time the whole world realizes that England is the place to play, and we'll be in on every big name that makes his mind up late. Now, I know it's not easy to do overnight... actually, it's impossible, but it needs to be done as quickly as possible. By this, I mean spending more money now will pay off in the long run.... almost a price be damned approach, and we can back off some once we've established ourselves.

I also think we're going to have to take a flyer or two on some youngsters in hopes that they'll turn into world class players. World class players are not yet going to sign with Villa, but if we can get them before everyone realizes what quality they posess, then we're off to a start.