Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

... Jol's not daft. He realises, as do the Spurs fans, that Zokora hasn't delivered what he'd wanted - hence they may well nip in for Reo Coker.

Zokora has had a reasonably good season for Spurs - not great, but OK overall. However, this has been only his first term in the Prem and most (not all) players take some time to adapt. His performances during the 2nd half of the season were certainly better than the first half and most Spurs fans can see his talent and potential and think he'll be much better next season. I imagine Jol thinks the same.

As for Reo--Coker, there are conflicting ITK reports as to whether or not Spurs are interested. If I had to guess I'd say we're not, since I doubt he'd want to come simply as a squad/cover player and there seems no obvious place for him in our starting XI. If this is correct, and if Barton goes to Newcastle, then it seems Villa will have little real competition for NRC. It sounds like a definite runner to me.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..Davis rumoured to be leaving and being told he is not needed etc.. ok he is young and showed a good season 2 yrs ago and dispite being in and out last season its not suprised many that he is going, yes a few dissapointed faces none the least..

it's down to moore in a way if he is happy to play on the bench still and wait for his 'break again' if that would be the case or wanting more games etc.

Personally if it was down to him and he wants to leave then he would be making one massive mistake!

But if Moore leaves/sold due to the fact he is not needed/part of plans etc, will that put a crack in the way we look at MON?

Ok not calling for him to get sacked if it happened, but i will bet that a large % of us fans won't be happy with him big time imo.

... Jol's not daft. He realises, as do the Spurs fans, that Zokora hasn't delivered what he'd wanted - hence they may well nip in for Reo Coker.

Zokora has had a reasonably good season for Spurs - not great, but OK overall. However, this has been only his first term in the Prem and most (not all) players take some time to adapt. His performances during the 2nd half of the season were certainly better than the first half and most Spurs fans can see his talent and potential and think he'll be much better next season. I imagine Jol thinks the same.

As for Reo--Coker, there are conflicting ITK reports as to whether or not Spurs are interested. If I had to guess I'd say we're not, since I doubt he'd want to come simply as a squad/cover player and there seems no obvious place for him in our starting XI. If this is correct, and if Barton goes to Newcastle, then it seems Villa will have little real competition for NRC. It sounds like a definite runner to me.

How condescending is that!

Jenas/Zokora is hardly the best midfield pair in the Premiership and to be honest I wouldn't touch one of them if it meant we had to give up Petrov/Barry.

Give it one season and the mediocre Jenas, who has no real asset to his game really, and NRC would kick him out of the team. So would Scott Parker do at once if he had opted to join Spurs, something he wasn't interested in. Too bad for the Londoners as it would enhance the quality of your first-XI

..Davis rumoured to be leaving and being told he is not needed etc.. ok he is young and showed a good season 2 yrs ago and dispite being in and out last season its not suprised many that he is going, yes a few dissapointed faces none the least..

it's down to moore in a way if he is happy to play on the bench still and wait for his 'break again' if that would be the case or wanting more games etc.

Personally if it was down to him and he wants to leave then he would be making one massive mistake!

But if Moore leaves/sold due to the fact he is not needed/part of plans etc, will that put a crack in the way we look at MON?

Ok not calling for him to get sacked if it happened, but i will bet that a large % of us fans won't be happy with him big time imo.

I reckon that Mon will have had a similar conversation with Moore as the one he had with Davis, only it would not have been for public consumption. Moore could be a superb asset if he got himself totally focused in a bid to become our 20 goal a season striker.

He's got all the tools but this season will be make or break for him at Villa.

Claret and Blue tinted glasses?. I'm certain Ridgewell and Davis lack the talent unsure about Moore yet because of his position. I think all Villa youngsters have been vastly overhyped. If these 7 or 8 youngsters were as good as people say. Top 4 would of happened this season. Think!

I dunno. I think it's pretty fair. Though I'd much rather have Reo-Coker starting in my midfield than Jermain Jenas. Jenas reminds me a little bit of Steve Davis. Great in spells, works hard, good attitude but overall contribution - insufficient.

Anyone else think this Reo-Coker business may be worthy of the first individual 'RUMOUR:' thread of the summer?

Chaves Guedes of Lyon is a name I keep hearing banded about lately. Don't know if he's been covered in here before but does anyone know much about him?

He's better known as Fred.

And we probably won't be signing him.

I dunno. I think it's pretty fair. Though I'd much rather have Reo-Coker starting in my midfield than Jermain Jenas. Jenas reminds me a little bit of Steve Davis. Great in spells, works hard, good attitude but overall contribution - insufficient.

Anyone else think this Reo-Coker business may be worthy of the first individual 'RUMOUR:' thread of the summer?

He is very good. He's got it. And yes.

Claret and Blue tinted glasses?. I'm certain Ridgewell and Davis lack the talent unsure about Moore yet because of his position. I think all Villa youngsters have been vastly overhyped. If these 7 or 8 youngsters were as good as people say. Top 4 would of happened this season. Think!

I agree i have came across occasions of seeing our youngsters hyped up but i was mainly talking on the Luke Moore situation.

We seen what luke is capable of at the start of the season before injury and plus the games he has came off the bench at the end us season, even scoring once or twice to sometimes rescue the points.

Not much thinking needs to be done.. it's a no brainer whether we should keep Luke Moore or not. :winkold:

The only thing I'd be slightly worried about is that NRC has allegedly got his heart set on a move to Newcastle. And we already know what he's like when his head is not in the right place. If he moves here, will he be seeing it as a bad 2nd choice ?

Yes BOF i share the same feeling.

There were quotes a week ago that seemed Taylor was in talks with Villa and was set to sign, next thing Harry says he ain't going anywhere and tahts the end of it all!!!

How certain are we this time that NRC is set on stone to join us!!

It is a difuicult situation with Moore, as he enters his last year of his contract.

If he does not play a lot this coming season and if as expected we sign another striker he will then be 4th or even 5th choice.

I cant see him then wanting to sign a new contract and he will then leave and will go for next to nothing, so do you take the option to sell him now for a couple of million or risk losing him for next to nothing??, personally take the money.

We have lost out too many timesin the past on the Bosman ruling!!