Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I like the idea of a player called "Fred" - not even "Fred Turnbull", just "Fred".

He really ought to wear a flat cap and smoke a pipe. While playing.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm like Ronaldinho, Rooney and Van Nistlerooy all in one........shame its only in the looks department

Ugly bugger lol

Yeah true, I like to refer to myself as a man of the night i.e. better looking in pitch black or keep my girlfriend drunk all the time

The Irish Times, Irelands most reputable broadsheet by a country mile

I can vouch for that. Some might say our ONLY reputable broadsheet.

I like the idea of a player called "Fred" - not even "Fred Turnbull", just "Fred".

He really ought to wear a flat cap and smoke a pipe. While playing.

Smoke a pipe? Get with the times man. He sucks a dummy. What more do you want? (Yes, I know, a name like "Cuddles")

I'm slightly intrigued about all these links with Fred, i'd take him but i'll belive it when i see it.

Has sneijder actually signed for Valencia yet?

Does anyone have any insider knowledge? I know JC has known a few things in the past.

TheTree's haven't seen any interesting Private Jets lately have u?

It's getting stronger - basically it seems that if Barton goes to Newcastle, they won't want NRC as well. Still think Tottenham need a midfield carrier in the Zokora mould, and they do buy young british talent. So if they bid, I think he'll prefer to stay in London and would see them as a more attractive prospect. Other than that, he looks like being ours. Hope so.

Express and Star now running the story.

From the Express & Star;

Manager Martin O’Neill hopes to wrap up his first summer signing in the next week before Reo-Coker flies out with the England squad for the European under-21 championships in Holland.

West Ham and England under-21 captain Reo-Coker is set to sign for Villa providing late interest doesn’t surface from Newcastle, who have been linked with the former Wimbledon man to replace Scott Parker, who is due to sign for the Hammers for £7m.

Newcastle would move for Reo-Coker if they fail to sign Manchester City’s Joey Barton, who is their chief midfield target to replace Parker and has a £5.5m release clause in his contract.

Reo-Coker has put in a second transfer request at Upton Park and the club are now willing to him go after a season in which he was barracked by fans frustrated at the team’s slump.

I'm slightly intrigued about all these links with Fred, i'd take him but i'll belive it when i see it.

Has sneijder actually signed for Valencia yet?

Does anyone have any insider knowledge? I know JC has known a few things in the past.

TheTree's haven't seen any interesting Private Jets lately have u?

Noone knows anything, new regime, more proffesional staff etc!. And i'm betting the press largely aswell. Bramble will sign though. :roll:

Yeah im fairly sure we will get NRC aswell.

But something ive asked before, do we have any idea where Nolan will be playing next season?

I have just read in the Evening Mail that Luke is linked to Boro. No links yet but should appear in ibirmingham later today

It's only a vain attempt to prevent him scoring ANOTHER HAT-TRICK against them next season !

Ha, ha - Middlesborough are our Biiiiiiyaaaatchhhhhh-aaaaah !

Yeah im fairly sure we will get NRC aswell.

But something ive asked before, do we have any idea where Nolan will be playing next season?

Either Bolton or Newcastle, id be surprised if it was anywhere else.

We appear to be favorites to sign NRC and i will be more than happy if this is our first signing of the summer. Great player IMO and will mean we have 4 future England Internationals.