Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Future England Internations of..

Gary Cahill, Luke Young, Gabby Agbonlahor, NRC?? & Gardner!

byt that could make 5!

Add Ashley to that list also!! :winkold: :lol:

you guys do know it's McClaren who's in charge don't you

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does everyone want? Barton or NRC? Vote.............

Mine would go to Barton over NRC........Barton bosses games. good passer, scores goals and has passion (yes too much at times!).......

:D

NRC but Barton would be no poor consolation prize

Personally, I can't really see what either of them would offer to our team positive wise.. i think the negatives have been aired enough...

in theory we've been linked to 3 tits in football (bellamy being the 3rd) and i hope we don't sign any of them.

Well we have to sign someone!

We will sign someone, these are not the only 3 players out there that we are restricted too.

Any of the three would offer improvement to our squad.

Maybe so, but i hope we don't take them up on those offers of improvement, hopefully MON will have more eggs in his basket!

Besides we can do better than that and i personally, secretly think that were going too!! :lol:

We appear to be favorites to sign NRC and i will be more than happy if this is our first signing of the summer. Great player IMO and will mean we have 4 future England Internationals.

I can think of Gardner but who are the other three. :lol:

Young and Reo Coker for a start. I think West Ham fans mudslinging has clouded peoples judgement. He is very good.

Edit: to add Agbonlahor

We appear to be favorites to sign NRC and i will be more than happy if this is our first signing of the summer. Great player IMO and will mean we have 4 future England Internationals.

I can think of Gardner but who are the other three. :lol:

Young and Reo Coker for a start. I think West Ham fans mudslinging has clouded peoples judgement. He is very good.

Edit: to add Agbonlahor

And Barry is pretty useful too. I interpreted future England internationals that way. Villa could be full of them before long and I'm speaking from a neutral non-English perspective.

According to the Guardian it sounds like it's almost a done deal. Our transfer policy is very encouraging - going down the same avenue as Tottenham in trying to sign the best of British young talent.

Future England Internations of..

Gary Cahill, Luke Young, Gabby Agbonlahor, NRC?? & Gardner!

byt that could make 5!

Add Ashley to that list also!! :winkold: :lol:

you guys do know it's McClaren who's in charge don't you

There's a simple solution to that. Legally change their names:

Gary Cahill-Neville, Luke Neville, Gabriel Neville, Nigel Reo-Neville, Craig Neville, and just to change things up.....Ashley Jenas.

MIDDLESBROUGH are believed to be ready to test Villa's resolve with a multi-million-pound move for Luke Moore, who has just one season left on his contract.

Gareth Southgate has been a long-term admirer of the 21-year-old striker, who endured an injury-ravaged season.

O'Neill would not let Moore go cheaply as he sees him as a terrific prospect if not quite yet the finished article for a full season of Premiership action.

Boro released Malcolm Christie and are set to lose Mark Viduka to Newcastle at a time when Southgate has spoken of his desire to fill his side with "quality, energy, and pace".

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

Moore scored a hat-trick at Boro in February 2006 at the age of 19 years and 356 days, becoming the youngest Villa player to notch three in the league since Gary Shaw at Bristol City in December 1979, aged 18 years and 342 days.

He followed it with another goal in the 3-1 win at the Riverside this season, in April, before ending last season on a high with his fourth goal on the final day at Bolton.

Having already freed Juan Pablo Angel, the sale of Moore would leave O'Neill desperately short of firepower.

That is despite the triple January arrivals of John Carew, Ashley Young and Shaun Maloney which bit into Moore's first-team chances when he returned to fitness.

Craig Bellamy has been constantly mentioned as a target but no contact with Liverpool has been made.

It is the third summer running that Moore's future has come under some scrutiny. He admitted he would have left the club at the end of last season had there not been a change of manager.

Two years ago Moore was actually on his way to signing for Glasgow Rangers and turned down Premiership rivals Fulham before penning a three year deal in June 2005 which tied him to the club until June next year.

Moore made 32 appearances the season before last with the highlight undoubtedly that hat-trick at Boro, but last season was marred by a shoulder injury which needed an operation.

He lost his first-team place after the draw at Chelsea in September and did not start another match, coming off the bench in all of the last six and scoring twice, at Boro and Bolton.

link

fook off Boro

The worrying thing is that, as it stands, Luke is 3rd choice. OK he's first sub, but if it meant getting money for him and buying someone for the first team, I think MON would do it :( I think it would be a massive mistake selling Luke as I still believe he is our best finisher.

Barton scores, NRC doesn't

Reo Coker has got big big potential. People are far to obsessed with media impressions or there own little version. If he had a season like the one before it'd be 15m+ and Big 4 here i come. A very shrewd signing if we get him.

West Ham have withdrawn their interest in NRC after being quietly informed that they already own his registration. This will leave them free to concentrate on their other 27 targets.

:crylaugh:

Theres been a uneasy feeling over this whole luke moore situation.. and its been here for over a month now regarding his future.

I feel its all going to go tits up and were going to lose him if the club don't give him a new contract and either player or manager speak publicly about the whole situation to reassure everyone.

Bottom line, we all want Luke to stay!

Boro can bugger off.Luke's a fantastic prospect for the future and is the best finisher at the club at this moment.His goal scoring record is pretty good too and he's a poacher.It would be a monumental mistake if we let him go.We don't need the money and we are trying to strenghten and build a squad.There's no reason why he should be sold unless it's Luke himself who wants to leave because he wants to start games.