Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sutton might stay -

Norwich look set to miss out if Aston Villa striker Chris Sutton does decide to carry on playing next season.

Boss Peter Grant has expressed an interest in the 34-year-old former Canaries striker whose season with Aston Villa was cut short because of an eye injury.

Sutton's agent Tony McGill told the Eastern Daily Press: "It all depends on whether he keeps on playing, the first person he will tell is [Villa boss] Martin O'Neill.

"I would have thought if he wanted to play on he would be offered another contract at Villa.

"While I wouldn't dismiss the Norwich link, I would not think it was a strong possibility. Chris feels he owes Martin O'Neill, that is what he is like."

interesting

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2007/05/26/is-nigel-reo-coker-worth-keeping-at-west-ham/2230.html#postcomment

Sorry about not using a short link!!!

Check out the W Spam clearings in the woods who believe a move to Villa is a step down - F*** off and as Ashley Young what he thinks....

They really do think they are summat and id love fifa to get involved and send them down!!

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2007/05/26/is-nigel-reo-coker-worth-keeping-at-west-ham/2230.html#postcomment

Check out the W Spam clearings in the woods who believe a move to Villa is a step down - F*** off and as Ashley Young what he thinks....

They really do think they are summat and id love fifa to get involved and send them down!!

That's the joke of the day......

:lol:

Just one moron who thinks that, and even the other Wet Spam supporters are disagreeing with him. Hilarious!

Ok sparky, heres the deal.

Out : Samuel (free), Hendrie (free), DJDJ (0.5 M), Davis (4 M), Ridgewell (2M), McCann (1M), Sutton (released).

Hughes may stay as cover.Delaney offered pay as you play.Olly and Luke to be offered new contracts.Sorensen offered short term deal to fight for his place. I know others have left but not really affecting first team squad.

In : Gordon (6M), Finnan (2M), Ben Haim (free), Reo Coker (8M), Sneijder (10M), Fred (9M).

Money out 35M money in 7.5M Net spend 27.5M

Squad : Gordon, Sorensen, Taylor.

Defence : Finnan, Mellberg, Laursen, Ben Haim, Cahill, Bouma, Hughes, Delaney, O'Halloran.

Midfield : Young, Petrov, Reo Coker, Sneijder, Barry, Berger, Gardner, Maloney, Osbourne.

Strikers : Carew, Fred, Agbonglahor, Moore.

There you go, a well balanced first team squad. With plenty of youth and experience. Also plenty of players who can cover many positions and would keep a strong first eleven who ever was in.

A feasonable amount of money spent with feasonable exciting and steady new playesr purchased.

Europe, here we come!

I hope your correct because this squad could go places.

Out : Samuel (free), Hendrie (free), DJDJ (0.5 M), Davis (4 M), Ridgewell (2M), McCann (1M), Sutton (released).

Hughes may stay as cover.Delaney offered pay as you play.Olly and Luke to be offered new contracts.Sorensen offered short term deal to fight for his place. I know others have left but not really affecting first team squad.

In : Gordon (6M), Finnan (2M), Ben Haim (free), Reo Coker (8M), Sneijder (10M), Fred (9M).

Defence : Finnan, Mellberg, Laursen, Ben Haim, Cahill, Bouma, Hughes, Delaney, O'Halloran.

Midfield : Young, Petrov, Reo Coker, Sneijder, Barry, Berger, Gardner, Maloney, Osbourne.

There you go, a well balanced first team squad. With plenty of youth and experience. Also plenty of players who can cover many positions and would keep a strong first eleven who ever was in.

A feasonable amount of money spent with feasonable exciting and steady new playesr purchased.

Europe, here we come!

I'd be very surprised if we managed to get Ben Haim.I'm pretty sure he'll either go to newcastle or chelski.Nevertheless,that looks a fantastic squad that could be serious contenders for europe.

How come West Ham fans thinks they are bigger than us? We are getting constant beat over at that KUMB forum, I think they must be the most f'cked up fans in the country. As far as I know they have never won the league. They have a smaller stadium, they have been in the Championship for ages and a shitty squad. Funny

Europe, here we come!

I would be extremely satisfied with that. Realistic, but still class signings, and that's a squad that would be pushing the top 4, without even worrying about who we will purchase in the future.

I really hope you're right there mate.

Not sure about the NRC link to Newcastle. Surely the two clubs would have done a swap deal (+ cash) if NRC was heading to Newcastle and Parker is on the way to WHU.

Because Parker was brought out right.. it leads me to think that the toons dont want NRC and are likely to got for another midfielder like Barton

Reo-Coker doesn't feel wanted

By Andrew Scurr - Created on 1 Jun 2007

Nigel Reo-Coker claims he has felt unwanted at West Ham since January and that is the reason for him handing in a transfer request.

Skysports.com revealed this week that the Hammers captain had asked for a transfer having become disillusioned with life at Upton Park.

Speaking exclusively to Sky Sports News, Reo-Coker explained the reasons behind his decision to quit the club where he spent the past four seasons.

"My personal feeling is I'm not wanted at West Ham United regardless of what's printed in the papers and what's been said," he said.

"I just don't feel wanted and it's the way that I've been feeling for a very long time, since January.

"It's disappointing and heartbreaking just to see that I'm not wanted."

He added: "It will be sad (to leave), very sad. It's not a nice way to leave a club, I don't think any player wants to leave a club under these circumstances."

Aston Villa, Newcastle and Tottenham are believed to be keen on the 23-year-old England Under 21 midfielder, with the former thought to be favourites for his signature.

However, Reo-Coker is not thinking about his future destination until after this month's European Under 21 championship.

"There's no progress, I don't know where my future lies right now," he added. "All I'm just trying to do is prepare myself for the Under 21s.

"I honestly don't pay any attention to that (speculation) at the moment.

"At the end of the day if a club wants me they can contact West Ham United and they'll deal with that side of it."

Clicky...