Gareth Barry (Man City)

Si.

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Barry back?

TRO - `That Player` does exist. our one big Marquee signing of the Summer & Lambo wil swoop to sign him soon. 

Wait till all the issues surrounding the dead beats & the deadwood are resolved & see if it doesn't happen.

One thing's for certain, it won't be Fat Boy (slim)

Are you genuinely in the know? or are you writing what you hope to happen in a way to make it sound like its fact

If we were allowed to sit down and have contract talks with him and he accepted our terms then hell yeah, I 'd take him. Especially as I think that our terms would mean he'd take a rather big wage cut to play for us. And Barry's the kind of player that is professional and always gives his all. And I think he'd love to be part of Lamberts "revolution". And we could really do with this kind of an experienced leader. Someone who wants to play and be successfull rather than a player who wants a last good pay day. And Barry's got the experience of both winning things and surviving the league. And I'd put him on the pitch instead of Delph. He can teach our young players a thing or two.

I was quite bitter when he left. Mostly on him but also the fact that man citeh of all clubs suddenly had so much money that they were out of our league. Barry went on to win things so he made the right move. And earned a lot of money doing that. Today I don't hold anything against him. When at citeh he's never done anything bad to us, unlike cheating word removed Young.

• Like 2

TRO - `That Player` does exist. our one big Marquee signing of the Summer & Lambo wil swoop to sign him soon. 

Wait till all the issues surrounding the dead beats & the deadwood are resolved & see if it doesn't happen.

One thing's for certain, it won't be Fat Boy (slim)

Are you genuinely in the know? or are you writing what you hope to happen in a way to make it sound like its fact

I think the criteria that currently dictates Paul Lambert's transfer policy makes my conclusion glaringly obvious.

Call it an educated guess.

If you disagree, come on here & state that we will definitely be signing Barry & that you too are writing what you hope to happen to confirm that you are ITK.

Same reasons that the other 'no' voters gave.

The manner (and destination) of his departure. I said at the time I hoped his career would crash and burn, and I feel no different now.o y

So you'd rather our team not see the benefit of a very good player, because he left us after 12 years at the club? At the end of the day surely Villa is in your best interest, so wouldn't you rather put aside your issues with a former player leaving, if it means it benefits Villa now? Also, to be fair on Barry he called the destination right in the long run didn't he?

Premier League and FA Cup winners medals plus x amount of appearances in the Champions League.

Anyone clinging on to the opinion that he left for more money has serious intelligence issues in my opinion.

Just throwing it out there - but my Man U supporting friend reckons this is a smoke screen for A Youngs return to villa. I'm smelling utter cack, but there you go.

Wow they really want him out don't they.

Young can shove any return so faaaar up his a*se it comes out of his face and back up his a*se again

Then back  out of his face & up his arse again & again & again & again non stop.

Good call Spoony.

Young - possibly the most over rated player ever to pull on a Villa shirt.

The Young thing doesn't add up. He's in a different part of his career to Barry. I can see Barry wanting to 'come home' to finish as a player. Young will still have CL days in him.

Not even worth discussing. It's an entirely theoretical idea- of course we would like him back but Barry will not take a ~60k a week pay cut to come here when Stoke or West Ham will offer him ~75% of his existing wage to go there. They are welcome to him as he is not worth those wages, especially 3 years down the line when he has less impact and no resale value.

Young can shove any return so faaaar up his a*se it comes out of his face and back up his a*se again

Then back  out of his face & up his arse again & again & again & again non stop.

Good call Spoony.

Don't know where people get these ideas from. Young was fantastic for us, offered real excitement most games and would walk into our team any day.

And the anger towards him leaving? It was Man Utd who came along and he has won the Premier League, as well as playing in the Champions League etc.

Young was good for the 08/09 season, then got worse and worse. He stopped trying to beat his man and resorted to kicking the ball past them and running into them to try and get a foul. I wouldn't want him back at Villa.

Good call Spoony.

Don't know where people get these ideas from. Young was fantastic for us, offered real excitement most games and would walk into our team any day.

And the anger towards him leaving? It was Man Utd who came along and he has won the Premier League, as well as playing in the Champions League etc.

I rejoiced the day he left & we got to rip Man U off too for £16M. Great to see some transfer business work out in our favour for a change.

Edited by villa-revolution

I would take Barry back but as already mentioned he would have to take a big pay cut. Although he is a couple of years older and what little pace he did have has probably got even less I still think someone like him could be beneficial to the team.

Barry was always good at being calm on the ball and having a good eye for a pass, if he did come, the youngsters, especially Westwood, Delph, Gardner, maybe Bannan, if still here could learn a few things from him which would be beneficial in the long term both for the players and club in general.

As much as I was a bit miffed he left, apart from the Liverplop thing a couple of years before he did leave, he was good professional throughout, and then left on reasonably good terms maybe he saw the writing on the wall regards where the team was going so took the opportunity to move on play champions league, win a few medals and a couple of extra £. Add to that he has always said good things about the club.

Young, no chance, as much as in the earlier days he would be exciting to watch, beat defenders left and right I think he now believes his own hype, it became more about him than the team especially in his last season, failing over more and more each game, wanting to take every free kick…..yes he has won some medals but can he really say he contributed, even AF would drop him for the big games and would he get in the England team now, who knows? For me the main thing about Young that I can never forget is his petulant dive against us at Old Trafford the first year he moved on, you don’t do that in general but not against your old team….he can join the Downing club as players that can do one in terms of coming back.

Good call Spoony.

It is nothing to do with him leaving. I was fine with him leaving and understood why.

It's his actions since. Both against us and other teams. I hope his career falls apart. You don't play the club who made your career what it is and then cheat against them. That one dive was such a HUGE betrayal and I will never EVER forgive him for it. Barry/Milner/Downing, despite the ways in which they left respectively, would never have done that to us I'm sure.

And I really wish commentators would realise that THAT is why we boo him, not the fact he left.

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

Â