Gareth Barry (Man City)

Si.

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Barry back?

I think people saying No to him is a bit ridiculous. He was a regular for the league winner and runner-up in last 2 seasons and we have talented youngsters but just survived relegation. 

For right wages it is a no brainer

• Like 4

I think people saying No to him is a bit ridiculous. He was a regular for the league winner and runner-up in last 2 seasons and we have talented youngsters but just survived relegation.

This!
But we have promising younger options for the defensive midfield berth in Sylla and Delph.

Afaik he earns more than Westwood, Sylla, Delph, KEA, Bannan, Herd, Gardner and Bacuna combined. How would we fit him in to our apparent wage structure? 

This!
But we have promising younger options for the defensive midfield berth in Sylla and Delph.

promising is the word, Delph had a decent 4 months but Barry is still a class above him. Ask any Premier League manager who they would prefer Barry or Delph and I would say be a resounding yes for Barry

This!

We do, but how many games this season have been needed an experienced head in the last 10 minutes to put their foot on the ball and slow play down.

This!

Delph's been promising for about 6 years now, during that time he's had maybe 10 good games, granted most of them came in latter part of last season. Sylla won't suffer from not starting every week. None of them yet have the composure to steady our defence from thier midfield play, they might learn it from playing alongside Barry thou 

Afaik he earns more than Westwood, Sylla, Delph, KEA, Bannan, Herd, Gardner and Bacuna combined. How would we fit him in to our apparent wage structure? 

We make him an offer of wages we deem acceptable. We don't actually NEED to give him what he's  on at City or anything like it you know

This!

Well that logic is flawed for starters and as already stated he earns more than nearly as much as our first 11 probably.

This!

Well that logic is flawed for starters and as already stated he earns more than nearly as much as our first 11 probably.

You clearly missed the last line in Zatman's post

We make him an offer of wages we deem acceptable. We don't actually NEED to give him what he's  on at City or anything like it you know

He'll just take a >60% pay cut out of the goodness of his heart or are we expecting Citeh to subsidise the rest?

He'll just take a >60% pay cut out of the goodness of his heart or are we expecting Citeh to subsidise the rest?

Who cares. If we put a £ value on him per week, that's what we offer. If he takes it, he takes it. If he doesn't we don't sign him. The exact same as every other potential signing ever. 

In terms of our wage structure are we not currently paying Stephen Ireland, Darren Bent and Shay Given stupid amounts of money?

Are we not offering Benteke a huge pay increase with a new contract?

Barry will not get offered £100,000 a week contract here but for the right wages it would be a great signing.

Â