Which of the new batch are you most excited about?

BleedClaretAndBlue

232 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the new signings so far excites you the most?

• Aleksander Tonev
    • Nicklas Helenius
    • Jores Okore
    • Antonio Luna
    • Leandro Bacuna
  2. 2. Do you think there will be more additions?

• Yes regardless of sales
    • Not unless we sell first
    • Not even if we do sell some players

Okore and Helenius...pretty tied since I fancy them both the same really. Are one of the stand out players in the danish league but you never know how they will be when they actually play at this level. Of course, that goes for all young transfers. Never seen any of the others, but Tonev excites me quite a abit considering the playstyle he is supposed to have. Bacuna and Luna I literally know nothing about....

Obviously very excited by them all, so much potential. I voted for Bacuna, not because I think he's the best but I have absolutely no idea how good he'll be or where he's going to play. 

Tonev, offers something completely different to what we've had this season.

said no-one ever.

Look up Gabby Agbonlahor for more details.

Are you comparing Gabby and Tonev? I don't think Tonev is as fast as Gabby and I'm pretty sure Gabby doesn't shoot from long range too often, very different players.

Tonev because barring the odd one off last season we didn't have anyone who could score from distance. It will really help having a threat like this when we fail to break team's down because either Tonev will score or the fact the opposition know they need to close him down will open up gap's elsewhere.

I can't answer this question at the minute. I know absolutely zero about any of them. They could all be dog turd as easily as they could be superstars for all I know.

FWIW, whilst I am pleased we are doing things early, and I like the investing in youth policy (though I think it is going too much towards youth), I can not say any of the signings have got my pulse racing. I can't say any of them will go straight into the team and make it better tbh - but again, that is due to my lack of knowledge rather than their lack of ability.

Why not form an opinion anyway? :) You said yourself before - "We have absolutely nothing concrete to go on so opinions will be made" and "So something has to happen for people to form opinions?". Go on, who out of that list has gotten you the most intrigued based on nothing other than fan curiosity :)

Bacuna probably. Name, and he takes peno's quite well.

Actually, that Helenius scored scored some pretty tasty goals on youtube, but I have heard he is lazy from an AaB fan.

Edited by Woodytom

Okore as he's the only one who will (probably) go straight into the first XI. I hoped for more pedigree at LB if I'm honest but let's see how Luna gets on. Helenius looks like he could be a really shrewd signing as well.

As for the rest of the window, I think we'll sign a back up keeper on the cheap and an attacking mid. I think we'll do that regardless of sales but the amount we have to spend on the AM, including wages, will obviously be affected by this.

in order

Okore

Helenius

Tonev

Luna

Bacuna

That. And Okore out in front by some margin.

Both of these. I think Okore will end up being world class, and that we will simply be a major step in his evolution, like with Benteke. My hope is that we can take massive strides as a club over the next couple of seasons, and we can keep hold of these guys as they realise their ambitions with us and become legends.

Okore, because of that video and the fact that he turned Chelsea down because he wanted to be sure of getting playing time. It looks like he has the skills and the mentality to go very far.

Tonev or Helenius second. Tonev because he has atomic strike and Helenius because he's a striker and we all want to see strikers do well.

• Like 1

Tonev, offers something completely different to what we've had this season.

said no-one ever.

Look up Gabby Agbonlahor for more details.

Are you comparing Gabby and Tonev? I don't think Tonev is as fast as Gabby and I'm pretty sure Gabby doesn't shoot from long range too often, very different players.

Mainly for speeeed, only seen clips of tonev tbf but heard he's not the most technically gifted player in the prem either so in that sense. yes, to an extent.

Tonev for me, completely unknown quantity.  Had at least heard of (or in some minor way was aware of the reputation of) our other signings, so I'm curious to see what he's about.  I like the mystery (hence why I still have all my Usborne Puzzle Adventure books, they're dope).

Â