Which of the new batch are you most excited about?

BleedClaretAndBlue

232 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the new signings so far excites you the most?

• Aleksander Tonev
    • Nicklas Helenius
    • Jores Okore
    • Antonio Luna
    • Leandro Bacuna
  2. 2. Do you think there will be more additions?

• Yes regardless of sales
    • Not unless we sell first
    • Not even if we do sell some players

Okore for me but only because of the clubs that were after him suggests he is something special and with our horrible defence last year he looks to be what we need.

Why, who was after him?

He turned down Chelsea twice because he didn't want to rot on their bench.

Okore for me but only because of the clubs that were after him suggests he is something special and with our horrible defence last year he looks to be what we need.

Why, who was after him?

He turned down Chelsea twice because he didn't want to rot on their bench.

Good on him

Good on him

And he did that as a 19 year old Chelsea fan. It says something about his character and his maturity that he had the strength to turn it down when it'd have been very easy to jump at such a prestigious move. It's why he's the one I'm most looking forward to aswell :D
  • Like 1

I am waiting to see what Helenius does when he's given a chance, probably in the cup games.

He is a big guy with what looks like good ball control and an eye, not only for goal but, for playing in players better positioned than he is.

He could very well become the Beneteke replacement, when Beneteke leaves.

I am also looking forward to seeing Okore play. He looked quite pacy playing in his home league but, it is hard to judge when he didn't play against players who we know are speedy.

I think of the five, Tonev will settle quickest of them all.

Good on him

And he did that as a 19 year old Chelsea fan. It says something about his character and his maturity that he had the strength to turn it down when it'd have been very easy to jump at such a prestigious move. It's why he's the one I'm most looking forward to aswell :D

Bloody good job that he didn't choose, like some on here would, to only ever play for the team that he supports!

Good on him

Bloody good job that he didn't choose, like some on here would, to only ever play for the team that he supports!

Really he chose not to not play for the team he supports.

Anyway, he seems a good bloke: he'll soon realise that there's nothing worse than a plastic Chelsea fan... and nothing better than a Villa fan.

It's pretty incredible we're excited by a central defender. 

The headband effect and a single youtube video goes a long way. That said, his long passing was absurdly good against Armenia so there is at least a lot of type 3 hoofs to look forward too.

I am waiting to see what Helenius does when he's given a chance, probably in the cup games.

He is a big guy with what looks like good ball control and an eye, not only for goal but, for playing in players better positioned than he is.

He could very well become the Beneteke replacement, when Beneteke leaves.

I am also looking forward to seeing Okore play. He looked quite pacy playing in his home league but, it is hard to judge when he didn't play against players who we know are speedy.

I think of the five, Tonev will settle quickest of them all.

Okore made it look easy to run up Torres and Moses, so I'd assume he got enough pace.

Just to get some idea of his pace:

http://vimeo.com/53073475#t=185

http://vimeo.com/53073475#t=137

http://vimeo.com/53073475#t=91

Edited by Skruff

It's pretty incredible we're excited by a central defender. 

The headband effect and a single youtube video goes a long way. That said, his long passing was absurdly good against Armenia so there is at least a lot of type 3 hoofs to look forward too.

It's not as if our best ever player was a central defender or anything. Or two of the best players since the turn of the milennium were two Scandanavian defenders.

AAAAAARRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the season to start!!! I'm looking forward to see them all, how we line up etc etc. I don't know what to expect and the mystery is exciting. We look so attacking it should be an entertaining season at the Villa.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

I originally said Okore, but now I don't know. I'm excited to see Luna replace Bennett. I'm excited to see what Helenius can do upfront or on the wing. I'm excited to see whether Tonev or Bacuna could be unknown quantites that could turn out to be absolute gems!

One more player in, then losing the wasters we don't want and I will be extremely happy with our squad, Lambert, Faulkner and Lerner!

I'm really quite excited about Tonev. Ambidextrous, great long shots and a bit of pace. 

Honestly, i'm excited about all of them because they've all got something to prove - something which signings we've made under previous managers have lacked.

Edited by adz.villa

I'm dubious about this two-footed business. Is he really naturally two-footed? Or does he have one natural foot, and then the other is trained up to a very high standard, but still not as good as the other?

I don't get it

(Please, no Little Britain references!! :D)

I'm dubious about this two-footed business. Is he really naturally two-footed? Or does he have one natural foot, and then the other is trained up to a very high standard, but still not as good as the other?

I don't get it

Doesn't matter to us if he's naturally 2 footed or not. If he uses both feet then he's 2 footed. Trained or not. It's all good.

I don't get it

Well Petrov said he doesn't have a dominant foot. I assume he means that literally and not that he's just good at shooting with his weak foot. Even if he isn't naturally two footed, he can strike a ball with either very well judging by the videos we've all seen.

Â