Which of the new batch are you most excited about?

BleedClaretAndBlue

232 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the new signings so far excites you the most?

• Aleksander Tonev
    • Nicklas Helenius
    • Jores Okore
    • Antonio Luna
    • Leandro Bacuna
  2. 2. Do you think there will be more additions?

• Yes regardless of sales
    • Not unless we sell first
    • Not even if we do sell some players

Luna for me. I am hoping he turns out to be quality so I dont have to witness Joe Bennett attempting to play football week in week out.

Luna. Joe Bennett is ****' shit.

You guys are pleasant :D

While I can understand a lot of people being more than cautious about these signings, I think there are reasons to be excited. However, we have at the moment signed, a Danish International forward who's scored 40 league goals in the last 3 years, now i will admit it is unfair to compare them but when we signed Benteke, he had a similar number of caps for Belgium, granted I'd see Belgium as a much better team than Denmark but he'd also kind of hopped from club to club and been on loan twice. I see no reason why if this guy bulks up which I believe he said he intends to do he can't do a similar job. We've also signed a Danish Centre back who's made 7 caps already despite being 20, our beloved Martin Laursen didn't get his first cap till he was 23. Then you have Tonev who has lightening pace and 3 goals in his 11 caps for Bulgaria. Luna who made the Spain U20 team & Bacuna a dutch U21 international.

Okore. As our defence was cack last year and given his 7 caps already for Denmark (and the Danes are usually pretty solid) and is only 20, makes me hope Lambert has got a blinder here. All the other signings make sense as well, a replacement for Bennett, extra width and a back up striker as we all know Bent is off. Just need a couple of keepers and maybe another midfielder and job done.

Tonev for me, over Okore and Helenius only coz the question is which one excites you most? not who has the bigger reputation. Is Tonev the kind of player who can help Gabby out linking up the midfield and attack? Im waiting in anticipation to find out..... and if he can bang a couple in on the counter then all the better :)

I think Okore is straight in to the team and because we're lacking in the wide area, so is Tonev. I think PL is continuing in his brilliant and brave approach of speculating on young, hungry players and I therefore don't think any of the others are necessarily starters in the first half of the season. Personally I'm excited about Helenius but if he's regularly playing then it'll only mean one thing and I don't want that!

Not sure if this has been picked up yet, which wide area are we lacking in? Weimann or Gabby?

Luna for me. I am hoping he turns out to be quality so I dont have to witness Joe Bennett attempting to play football week in week out.

Luna. Joe Bennett is ****' shit.

You guys are pleasant :D

The simple fact is he was terrible. The away games at Bradord and Norwich were two of the worst performances I have ever witnessed in a long time. This Luna guy apparently has bags of potential, a spanish source likened him to luke shaw. time will tell but i think he will be good

Edited by BOF

1. Okore because our defence at the moment is crap and at least this provides a chance it will improve

2. Luna because our defence at the moment is crap and at least this provides a chance it will improve, also it may man we don't have the agony of seeing Bennett failing to be a left back next season

However the signing of a midfield "general" who would be a leader and solid core of our midfield next season would easily surpass these.

I like em all. Probably no more after these unless some more players leave. I think if we added more players without shipping some our squad maybe too deep to give players game time. Bloody hell listen to me, too many players? I am enjoying this transfer window.

Tonev because barring the odd one off last season we didn't have anyone who could score from distance.

We scored quite a few from distance last season.  In fact, I can't remember the last time we scored more from distance.  Lowton, Benteke, Vlaar, and Holman all scored some cracking long-range goals.

I voted for Okore, because who doesn't want to see a repeat or two of his performance against Chelsea in the Champions League?

What I meant was we don't have anyone whose a consistent threat from distance, as in the opposition aren't going to see Lowton get the ball 30 Yard's out and think "Oh crap, close him down before he shoot's".

If Bennett is reading any of this it must be doing his confidence a power of good.

He will still likely be the starter next season with Luna as competition for his spot. Every player needs someone pushing them. My guess is by December Bennett will be a firm fan favourite, a goal will help that.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

If Bennett is reading any of this it must be doing his confidence a power of good.

He will still likely be the starter next season with Luna as competition for his spot. Every player needs someone pushing them. My guess is by December Bennett will be a firm fan favourite, a goal will help that.

Indeed... just because Bennett hasn't been as good as Lowton last season it doesn't mean all hope is lost with him, he will improve, he's a good footballer just a bit rash and "green" once he gets the experience and once he gets a goal I think we will see a cracking young Full back... Luna's arrival will help kick him into gear, he had no competition last season, now he has!

Bennett improved immeasurably towards the back end of last season. The flak he cops on here is insane and way over the top.

Luna coming in will hopefully aid that progression and hopefully he will continue at the rate he did at the back of last season.

Â