Nicklas Helenius

bickster

So you think he will be match-ready for match 1 of next season?

the point I was making (which I fear you may have misunderstood) was: what exactly has the club done to get him into that position.

If he's not good enough to play meaningless matches 37 and 38 of season 2013-4, what is going to happen between now and August to make him good to go in match one of the 2014-5 season

Get it now?

I agree. Surely if he had say 10-15 20 mins from the bench followed by 2-3 starts it would have been more beneficial for his development than not having the minuscule time he has had.

I've got a really good feeling about this guy, I don't know why.

I'm more impressed by his videos than I was with Benteke. God I hope we can hold on to him though

I know, imagine if one of the big guys come in for him in the summer, that would be a nightmare!

We seem to have had quite a lot of players in recent years that mysteriously dont play for us and never hear any updates about. It's very frustrating.

We genuinely have no idea whether there is some sort of masterplan to get him ready for PL football or if he is just shit and will be quietly sold in the summer.

We seem to have had quite a lot of players in recent years that mysteriously dont play for us and never hear any updates about. It's very frustrating.

We genuinely have no idea whether there is some sort of masterplan to get him ready for PL football or if he is just shit and will be quietly sold in the summer.

Think we can safely assume that he is just shit.

Think we can safely assume that he is just shit.

Difficult to argue with that, each time I have seen him he looks out of his depth..........along with the rest of the squad.

Very strange. It's not even like he got a proper chance really.

Not been a good time for Scandinavians in the Premier League recently. Forren and Cornelius both moved to English clubs before returning to their respective countries after hardly featuring (Forren didn't feature at all for Southampton in fact). Helenius has barely had a chance here and even Okore's had to sit out pretty much all of the season with injury.

Oh yeah, and the 3 Norwegians that joined Cardiff in the summer all got relegated.

• Like 1

Seems he wants to return to AaB.. apparently agent quoted as him wanting to go back.

http://onside.dk/superligaen/helenius-spoeger-i-aab

The least surprising news I've ever heard . . . his agent was hinting at this months ago. I predicted it, but it hardly required being Nostradamus. It's been on the cards since Cornelius returned as well . . . the step up is just too big from Danish football. It's kind of understandable for PL minnows like Cardiff to make that sort of mistake, but we're supposed to actually know what we're doing in the PL. Should never have bought him, total waste of money and an embarrassing situation for all concerned. 

Seems he wants to return to AaB.. apparently agent quoted as him wanting to go back.

The least surprising news I've ever heard . . . his agent was hinting at this months ago. I predicted it, but it hardly required being Nostradamus. It's been on the cards since Cornelius returned as well . . . the step up is just too big from Danish football. It's kind of understandable for PL minnows like Cardiff to make that sort of mistake, but we're supposed to actually know what we're doing in the PL. Should never have bought him, total waste of money and an embarrassing situation for all concerned.

The difference is that Helenius actually looked good in the minutes he got, even got himself a goal (and a few in preseason too).

I don't understand why he wasn't given any sort of chance after playing relatively well initially.

The difference is that Helenius actually looked good in the minutes he got, even got himself a goal (and a few in preseason too).

I don't understand why he wasn't given any sort of chance after playing relatively well initially.

I agree, to be honest. He should have been given a few more minutes, especially after Benteke was out, Gabby and Andi were totally off form, etc. But the coaches must have thought he couldn't hack it - he's been below Holt, Robinson and Bowery for months. Can't even remember the last time he made the bench, and I don't believe that stuff about his 'injury' that was never announced until people started wondering where he was. 

I doubt he'd have been good enough, but there was no harm in trying, especially in all of those games we were 3 or 4 goals behind. Most of the rest of the players aren't good enough either, and certainly nearly all of those on the bench. 

Still, I think it's a signing that's fair game for criticism - we spent about 10% of our yearly budget on him. A total waste. 

So you think he will be match-ready for match 1 of next season?

the point I was making (which I fear you may have misunderstood) was: what exactly has the club done to get him into that position.

If he's not good enough to play meaningless matches 37 and 38 of season 2013-4, what is going to happen between now and August to make him good to go in match one of the 2014-5 season

Get it now?

He was injured for the run in unfortunately. Expect to see him get a chance next in preseason. Don't think he's near done at Villa

Edited by dnmacf

Hi

This is my first post, been reading for a while. Gitted of true I was hopeing he would work out. The limited time I've seen him seemed to be comfortable with the ball.

Hi

This is my first post, been reading for a while. Gutted if true I was hopeing he would work out. The limited time I've seen him seemed to be comfortable with the ball.

• Like 1

Good job on the self quote new guy! :):lol:

Its a shame because I thought he'd be our Dzeko.. the guy even looks the same, apart from Dzeko is the "Captain America'd" up version of him.

Can't be a wuss in the premier league.

Maybe he feels if Lambert is on the way out, the plan for his future here is likely done, too. Don't know why (aside from injury) he didn't get more minutes. He did well enough in every appearance for us, at least as far as I can recall. Never went anonymous like many of our players.

Â