Nicklas Helenius

bickster

I thought after barely surviving that our summer signings would improve the standard of the starting 11 and the young and hungry players that barely kept us up would become more squad players. But we've just added more average squad players to an already very average squad.

Average players should be able to get an average finish (9-12) and an average amount of points (48-52) though...

Edited by P3te

I thought after barely surviving that our summer signings would improve the standard of the starting 11 and the young and hungry players that barely kept us up would become more squad players. But we've just added more average squad players to an already very average squad.

Average? That'd be nice.

The squad and quality is very much below average

I wonder if Lambert will put Weimann, Tonev and Bowery all in a big black hat..........and come up with Helenius for the Palace game?

All our other fringe players have had chances this season in games apart from him really.

Maybe him just playing off Kozak with Gabby and Albrighton on the wings.

Anyone think that the Aalborg fan could be ITK? He's stated a few times that he doesn't expect Helenius to be involved much until the spring, perhaps there has been a special routine in place to help Nicklas adapt in time for a bit of a bedding in process towards the end of the season. Our other new signings aren't exactly setting the world on fire but I'd say Helenius is probably making the biggest step up. Give the lad time, Lambert obviously rates him or he wouldn't be here in the first place.

• Like 1

Yes, he basically needs to bulk up, get with the tempo. Lambert also used him early in the season and probably thought that he still has some way to go before he gets his place. When that will be is a good question, but please stop writing people off(does that do) just because he hasn`t really played much so far. He can actually become a great striker if he manages this level.

The lower divisions are full of players that needed time.

Gary shaw never needed time, Sid Cowans never needed time, Gareth Barry never needed time, Brian Little never needed time.....in the sense that we could all see the potential immediatley.Its because they had it.

Time can be a bit of an indecisive stalling tactic....i did say could be. I am always a bit dubious of " time"

• Like 3

The lower divisions are full of players that needed time.

Gary shaw never needed time, Sid Cowans never needed time, Gareth Barry never needed time, Brian Little never needed time.....in the sense that we could all see the potential immediatley.Its because they had it.

Time can be a bit of an indecisive stalling tactic....i did say could be. I am always a bit dubious of " time"

But, the players you have listed are all English, helenious has come from a far less physical league and is just 20 years old, throwing him in at the deep end won't help him really, and, again it was said many many times on here that he was more for next season than this, why can't people understand that?

• Like 1

Mathieu Berson, Erik Djemba-Djemba, Habib Beye, Nicklas Helenius.

Berson was actually a very decent player.

I was more saying he seems to be another in a line of players who we sign and then they are abandoned.

Edited by Spoony

Â