Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Parker has done a great job this season, is bigger issues at Fulham than him

Im not sure if i would agree with great. If he was outside the bottom 3 then i would agree.

Doing ok for me nothing more. 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not sure if i would agree with great. If he was outside the bottom 3 then i would agree.

Doing ok for me nothing more. 

They came up in the playoffs and were tipped to finish bottom on very low points. When we played them people on here were speculating they could break Derbys record they were that bad 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

They came up in the playoffs and were tipped to finish bottom on very low points. When we played them people on here were speculating they could break Derbys record they were that bad 

Yes, but they've since added a lot of quality to the squad.

• Like 1

They need stability, if they yo-yoed it wouldn't be the worst thing ever for them, last time they were in the prem they spunked £100m on players who didn't perform and then didn't want to be there afterwards, Seri has gone out on another loan for example 

They keep parker, give it a go for the rest of this year, if they go down they go down but they keep him they have to keep Mitrovic then they come back up stronger... And with the stadium works completed

I think when you say "bad job" it has to be put in to the context of what the job actually is, agree with he's doing OK nothing more 

All that said what they haven't done is invested in any decent young players who parker can stick with 

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, but they've since added a lot of quality to the squad.

true but it was after pre-season so not easy to blend them together quickly. Its like Fulham learned nothing from last time :D  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They need stability, if they yo-yoed it wouldn't be the worst thing ever for them, last time they were in the prem they spunked £100m on players who didn't perform and then didn't want to be there afterwards,

Known as "doing a Ful..." oh...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

true but it was after pre-season so not easy to blend them together quickly. Its like Fulham learned nothing from last time :D  

It was such a huge mistake. Why would you go into a season thinking Tim Ream and Dennis Odoi would be adequate centre backs, when you already have literal evidence that they aren't?

The problem now is they've got a good enough squad to have finished 10th-12th or something if they'd been together all season, but a] they have a mountain to climb, and b] a lot of them are on loan so the squad will still be a patchwork mess if they go down again.

They missed a huge opportunity last night, and Newcastle are probably going to scrape enough points to remain above them IMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

It was such a huge mistake. Why would you go into a season thinking Tim Ream and Dennis Odoi would be adequate centre backs, when you already have literal evidence that they aren't?

The problem now is they've got a good enough squad to have finished 10th-12th or something if they'd been together all season, but a] they have a mountain to climb, and b] a lot of them are on loan so the squad will still be a patchwork mess if they go down again.

They missed a huge opportunity last night, and Newcastle are probably going to scrape enough points to remain above them IMO.

Newcastle are like us the season under McLeish, got enough points on the board early on and the manager is so negative he will scrape enough points to stop them entering a full scale relegation fight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Newcastle are like us the season under McLeish, got enough points on the board early on and the manager is so negative he will scrape enough points to stop them entering a full scale relegation fight

I'm just hoping they give him money to spend in the summer as then I'll be pretty confident they wont be able to catch us for a few years, regardless of what happens with the takeover.

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm just hoping they give him money to spend in the summer as then I'll be pretty confident they wont be able to catch us for a few years, regardless of what happens with the takeover.

He does seem to do better with limited funds, unearths a few gems here and there, gets some good loan signings. Give him a bit of money and you end up with Sunderland. Newcastle's squad seems to be bloating in a similar way right now.

27 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s good for a laugh - especially if Fulham beat Palace - but Fulham’s run of games after that is horrific. 

Newcastle’s run of games is awful from April onwards, ending with Sheffield United at home then away to Fulham on the last day. If they’ve got to go to Craven Cottage and get a result...

spacer.png

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s good for a laugh - especially if Fulham beat Palace - but Fulham’s run of games after that is horrific. 

Every match looks horrible when you are down the bottom of the league but in reality Spurs and Liverpool (their matches after Palace) can’t find a win at the moment and Fulham have drawn with both of those in the reverse fixture so there are opportunities for points there. They also have Leeds, Wolves, Burnley, Newcastle and Southhampton who are bottom half teams. Even their match against us is an opportunity for points given how inconsistent we can be.

I think there are plenty of opportunities to take the points they need to survive and send Newcastle down.

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Every match looks horrible when you are down the bottom of the league but in reality Spurs and Liverpool (their matches after Palace) can’t find a win at the moment and Fulham have drawn with both of those in the reverse fixture so there are opportunities for points there. They also have Leeds, Wolves, Burnley, Newcastle and Southhampton who are bottom half teams. Even their match against us is an opportunity for points given how inconsistent we can be.

I think there are plenty of opportunities to take the points they need to survive and send Newcastle down.

I'm sure Villa will help them both out, as we are prone to do 😬

On 18/02/2021 at 20:27, Zatman said:

I'm not so sure. Wilson out is a big deal for them and Fulham look to have found a bit of form and have momentum. 

Still, I think they should stick with Bruce. He has an incredible record at getting teams promoted from the Championship. ;)

Â