Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

No chance they get the first two imo, even talk Cavani will actually stay at PSG now.

Wouldn't say Fekir is that unrealistic, he's at Betis and been in and out with injuries all season so his stock isn't as high two years ago when Liverpool nearly signed him.

If they signed Koulibaly wouldn't mind having a nibble at one of Schar or Lascelles. Even Federico Fernandez isn't that bad a CB and he'd be available you'd imagine.

5 hours ago, sne said:

Latest players to be linked are Cavani, Coutinho, Nabil Fekir and Koulibaly :D

Wouldn’t it be great if the press had to present their evidence for writing these “links” rather than just writing whatever crap they like. Should maybe introduce some kind of media watchdog or summet. Crazy I know.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

No chance they get the first two imo, even talk Cavani will actually stay at PSG now.

Newcastle will be a dream come true for a lot of players. Get linked to a club with loads of money to spend, all of a sudden you’re getting a new improved deal at your current club under your nose.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Newcastle will be a dream come true for a lot of players. Get linked to a club with loads of money to spend, all of a sudden you’re getting a new improved deal at your current club under your nose.

Yeah or just go there on a fat contract and do **** all. I won't believe this take over 'til I see it though.

Coutinho was linked to everton yesterday, barca are desperate for the cash

Cavani will be interesting, 33 years old, coming off a monster contract, if someone offers him a 3 year deal on £200k a week you can see it happening, the sensibility in giving him that contract is questionable though, he'd do well to see out 50% of those games

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If thought this deal was supposed to be a done deal.. why isn't anything happening?

Starting to doubt this supposedly takeover will happen. Reminds me last time they were linked to a takeover.

I imagine Qatar is putting as much pressure as possible on the PL to not accept the deal.

Still think it will go through.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

I imagine Qatar is putting as much pressure as possible on the PL to not accept the deal.

Still think it will go through.

Do you remember months ago this same rumour with the same people linked to the same club..

Seem oddly familiar.

Even if it does go through FFP will heavily hinder them doing what they want. Just a decent PL player cost 50-60 mill these days

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Do you remember months ago this same rumour with the same people linked to the same club..

Seem oddly familiar.

Even if it does go through FFP will heavily hinder them doing what they want. Just a decent PL player cost 50-60 mill these days

Yeah there's been countless Newcastle take overs, at least one every year. Think this is a serious one thou.

But the timing (Covid-19) combined with the people behind it does complicate things a bit as he is a murdering psychopath that there is no legitimate reason to pass as fit and proper.

As for FFP who knows how that will look now, and would they even care if it did remain in some form?

Plot twist!

There is another bidder.

American media mogul Henry Mauriss is desperate to buy apparently and is working with Chris Ronnie, close friend of owner Ashley and who recently served a four-year prison sentence for fraud.

All according to The Mirror..

Even without a TV-show this is my favorite soap.  :crylaugh:

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Newcastle utd will challenge for the title and the champions league under new owners

Says demba ba

The insider 

If this was 15 years ago 100 %

But reality is FFP restricts clubs other than the big clubs.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Newcastle utd will challenge for the title and the champions league under new owners

Says demba ba

The insider 

Isnt an insider not supposed to reveal there name 😂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Coutinho was linked to everton yesterday, barca are desperate for the cash

Cavani will be interesting, 33 years old, coming off a monster contract, if someone offers him a 3 year deal on £200k a week you can see it happening, the sensibility in giving him that contract is questionable though, he'd do well to see out 50% of those games

Here is a problem they'll face. If they go big on a mega money striker and he gets injured they're back to square one, but with a much bigger wage bill and higher expectations. Its not as easy as it might appear to buy the titles now.

Making Cavani the big money signing will be suicidal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Here is a problem they'll face. If they go big on a mega money striker and he gets injured they're back to square one, but with a much bigger wage bill and higher expectations. Its not as easy as it might appear to buy the titles now.

Making Cavani the big money signing will be suicidal.

Everything depends on the head coach.

They can actually get Pochettino i'd be concerned about them.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Everything depends on the head coach.

They can actually get Pochettino i'd be concerned about them.

Jury still out on him for me, he’s good, but is he great? Not sure.

Newcastle need to avoid the urge to jump to buying world class players. They need to improve their 11 gradually over 2 or 3 seasons.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Jury still out on him for me, he’s good, but is he great? Not sure.

Newcastle need to avoid the urge to jump to buying world class players. They need to improve their 11 gradually over 2 or 3 seasons.

He massively improves teams.

He's proved that everywhere he's been. Wherever he goes his teams get better

Â