Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

52 minutes ago, useless said:

In his BBC interview, calls Wednesday fans the most loyal in football, as if to have a dig at Villa fans, and all the while he's in talks to walk out on them.

No doubt influenced by the exchange he had today with this Sheffield Wednesday supporter.

62B71E9F-24D3-4E7E-9345-B57637C3C08C.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

No doubt influenced by the exchange he had today with this Sheffield Wednesday supporter.

62B71E9F-24D3-4E7E-9345-B57637C3C08C.jpeg

What is going on with those tattoos!? Either that bloke has aged really badly or he was a 45 years old emo scene kid.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is great.

He's going to get stuck at Wednesday. 

He's all about the money as usual. 

Watching this mess is the cherry on the cake of this summer.

It's alright, he and his mates, and his son will have rewritten history this time next month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 13/07/2019 at 09:36, TheStagMan said:

Seriously?? You have seen the mess that Bruce leaves with player recruitment. 

By mess you mean the players that have just got us promoted, the playoff final team only Mings was a Smith addition in the starting lineup and the other one was Hause on the bench so in the squad only 2 were Smith's. Bruce did a good job recruiting but just couldn't set them up. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

By mess you mean the players that have just got us promoted, the playoff final team only Mings was a Smith addition in the starting lineup and the other one was Hause on the bench so in the squad only 2 were Smith's. Bruce did a good job recruiting but just couldn't set them up. 

Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Like the 8 players we just released, like the complete lack of a central defence, like ruining Chester's career because of it, like nearly going bankrupt due to the short term planning from our manager (admittedly piled on top of years of recklessness - but completely fecking up the opportunity to sort things properly)? Many of the players that got us up whilst also not being Smith signings were also not Bruce signings either.

He didn't do a good job recruiting, he really did not - otherwise we would not be needing to rebuild to the extent we are now. Hit and hope merchant. How anyone can defend his recruitment is utterly bewildering. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Behave. A good job recruiting? That is just laughable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuartc445 said:

Who you signing for this summer Alex?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Behave. A good job recruiting? That is just laughable.

How can you argue otherwise?! You guys talk about Bruce 'rewriting history' with his alleged media pals - jeezus christ, stones in glass houses n all that.

He put together (and yes, probably underachieved with) the team that fell one game, one goal short of promotion 12 months ago, he then put the majority of the team together that won promotion this season.

Sure, he failed to get probably even close to seeing the best of those squads, something that Smith seemingly showed up but to claim he didn't put good squads together is beyond crazy - it's simply untrue, opinions or otherwise.

Amazes me the level of vitriol and bitterness still felt by some here regards SB, it's old news but you'd think he personally showed up on some posters' doorsteps today for his morning shit going off some of the crap written on here.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How can you argue otherwise?! You guys talk about Bruce 'rewriting history' with his alleged media pals - jeezus christ, stones in glass houses n all that.

He put together (and yes, probably underachieved with) the team that fell one game, one goal short of promotion 12 months ago, he then put the majority of the team together that won promotion this season.

Sure, he failed to get probably even close to seeing the best of those squads, something that Smith seemingly showed up but to claim he didn't put good squads together is beyond crazy - it's simply untrue, opinions or otherwise.

Amazes me the level of vitriol and bitterness still felt by some here regards SB, it's old news but you'd think he personally showed up on some posters' doorsteps today for his morning shit going off some of the crap written on here.

Holy crap, does he pay you guys or does he have some incriminating photos or something?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The thing that leaves a sour taste on my mouth with Bruce was the way he left us last year. He got rid of elphick didn't replace him and left us in a mess. He brought in bolaise on stupid wages and he added very little when he eventually was fit. He also has potentially destroyed cheaters career.

It's a absolute miracle Smith took us up with that squad he left Smith. 

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The thing that leaves a sour taste on my mouth with Bruce was the way he left us last year. He got rid of elphick didn't replace him and left us in a mess. He brought in bolaise on stupid wages and he added very little when he eventually was fit. He also has potentially destroyed cheaters career.

It's a absolute miracle Smith took us up with that squad he left Smith. 

Yeah, he balls'd up - I think that's one thing every single person can agree on, he balls'd up, he had to be sacked when he did.

It doesn't mean you go and rewrite the previous 2 years to fit the same narrative, it's possible for something to be okay and end up shit, it's okay for something to be shit and end up okay.

If I ordered a £25 steak but didn't eat it until a week after it had been cooked it would be shit but that doesn't mean it was shit when it was cooked.

On 13/07/2019 at 22:25, flamingsombrero said:

What is going on with those tattoos!? Either that bloke has aged really badly or he was a 45 years old emo scene kid.

I'll have you know he was voted "handsomest man in Sheffield" in 2018. 

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How can I argue otherwise? Mainly by looking at his recruitment.

But don't try and tell me Lansbury, Bree, Bjarnason, Hogan, Bedeau, Taylor, Samba, Nyland, Kalinic or Bolasie were good signings.

Yes he signed some decent players, no doubt about it like Hourihane and McGinn will go down as one of our best signings in years but they were the exceptions. Perhaps I should include Elmo also.

Whelan was largely terrible until Smith arrived so don't try and claim him.

Most of his best signings were the loans like Tammy, Snodgrass, Axel (who he played out of position) which simply came down to our finances and ability to pay huge wages. (this despite him pleading poverty) So I don't think he should be given too much praise for those.

I also think it is ridiculous to try and give him credit for the squad he left behind for Smith which was subsequently promoted.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah, he balls'd up - I think that's one thing every single person can agree on, he balls'd up, he had to be sacked when he did.

It doesn't mean you go and rewrite the previous 2 years to fit the same narrative, it's possible for something to be okay and end up shit, it's okay for something to be shit and end up okay.

If I ordered a £25 steak but didn't eat it until a week after it had been cooked it would be shit but that doesn't mean it was shit when it was cooked.

No, but it would mean you were shit at ordering food.

Â