Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Six year contract also against the rules. 

Rules let you sign whatever length contract you want. But only 5 years of it will count in terms of the period you can amortise the purchase price over

13 hours ago, duke313 said:

Would never have been sold if Maldini was still  at Milan.

By all accounts he didn't want to leave but Milan told him they needed the money as it was an offer they couldn't turn down.

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Momentous season? No trophies, 4th in the table. Seems a bit small time.

£60.2m / €70m spend breaking their transfer records, not winning anything. A return to glorious empty Keegan days 🤣

• Haha 1

Them getting into the CL is momentous. They can target a whole different echelon of players and means that they can salt their fake sponsor deals. It's a game changer.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Rumour has it it, these guys own most of Chelsea too, Boley being funded by PIF group.

I hope this stupid spending is the title of a book one day - "PIF, or How to Lose A Trillion Dollars"

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Rumour has it it, these guys own most of Chelsea too, Boley being funded by PIF group.

I think then they will prioritise chelsea over newcastle

Its a complete **** shit show

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think then they will prioritise chelsea over newcastle

Its a complete **** shit show

That's definitely not going to happen. Al-Rumayyan (the head of PIF) is Newcastle's chairman. Newcastle are the Saudi project, Chelsea are just some Saudi investment in Todd Boehly's company. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's definitely not going to happen. Al-Rumayyan (the head of PIF) is Newcastle's chairman. Newcastle are the Saudi project, Chelsea are just some Saudi investment in Todd Boehly's company. 

What happens then if chelsea start doing better than Newcastle? They going to stop helping them?

It makes no sense why your helping a direct rival

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What happens then if chelsea start doing better than Newcastle? They going to stop helping them?

It makes no sense why your helping a direct rival

They have just given money to 4 teams in their league, who are all direct rivals. They don’t care, they just want involvement of it all

Tonali confirmed.

I don't really understand why no one else is in for him if he was available, at any price. Is he on massive wages?

They're paying the same as Utd are for Mount.

They're paying almost half what Arsenal are for Rice.

He's comfortably better than both.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tonali confirmed.

I don't really understand why no one else is in for him if he was available, at any price. Is he on massive wages?

They're paying the same as Utd are for Mount.

They're paying almost half what Arsenal are for Rice.

He's comfortably better than both.

The price for English players are always overhyped.  

• Like 1

he's also not really a known entity in the PL is he, as much as i think the english players are overhyped they're also safer bets, utd know exactly what they'll get with mount, man city know what they'll get with kovacic, liverpool with macallister etc etc

if in 3/4 years time tonali is a world beater watch city pop up with a £100m bid

will be interesting to see if newcastle have the spending power and success to tell them to **** off or if they're just the same as the rest of us

• Like 1

Â