Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I thought Howe's comments after the.game were a bit odd. Clearly he's done a great job this season but can you imagine Emery saying that we would do the analysis of the game and then move on very quickly if we got smashed like that?

Every team they will play from now to the end of the season will be taking that performance and using it as a blueprint of how to beat them. If I was Howe I would be spending an awful lot of time going through that and making sure they can make the necessary adaptations.

• Like 4

This is the thing.

They aren't all that.

I think teams are just respecting them way too much when they play them.

There is no way they are top 4 standard so it's absurd they are up there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

😂😂😂

I saw a lot of Newcastle fans before the game talking about how we don't do our research before giving opinions on them, but they do the exact same thing. Watkins was already bang in form going into the game, of course he'd be a threat.

As for Mings, anyone who actually "did their research" rather than jumping on a bandwagon would know he's far, far better than he's perceived to be.

All fans should agree to stop trying to seriously analyse a club they pay no attention to, because you're just seeing yourself up for embarrassment that way. Or they could just carry on and I can keep laughing at them, either works for me.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Gordon continues to look like a strange signing. 

Yep £40+ million and I’ve yet to see what even makes him a premier league player! He really does look poor and I thought that when he was at Everton. If we had been in the mix to sign him I would have been fuming. Add to that he seems to have a toxic attitude which only brings clubs down and it’s based on zero delivery anywhere in his career so far, the lads hardly messi is he 

29 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Yep £40+ million and I’ve yet to see what even makes him a premier league player! He really does look poor and I thought that when he was at Everton. If we had been in the mix to sign him I would have been fuming. Add to that he seems to have a toxic attitude which only brings clubs down and it’s based on zero delivery anywhere in his career so far, the lads hardly messi is he 

Eddie Howe loves a young player moving over from Liverpool for several times their worth. Definitely not a Dan Ashworth signing. 

12 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

They are probably the most 'shithousey' team in the league, and we outdid them in that department massively.

Them complaining about the ref whilst on 14 fouls 1 yellow at HT is amusing.

It was 14 fouls in the game, not 14 fouls by Newcastle.

I thought they were moaning at the ref because of 2 hand ball shouts, 1 was the Ramsey misjudged header that hit his shoulder, the 2nd one I'm not sure BT even replayed, neither were reviewed by VAR 

Them chanting you're not fit to referee was hilarious 

Edit - the first one was a slide tackle down in the corner right in front of their fans where the villa player won the ball and then it hit his trailing arm, so not reviewable by VAR and then also I think by the rules because he played it own to his own arm it's not a handball anyway and the handball when it's a trailling arm on a slide tackle is largely bullshit anyway

Edited by villa4europe

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

This is the thing.

They aren't all that.

I think teams are just respecting them way too much when they play them.

There is no way they are top 4 standard so it's absurd they are up there.

Agree they're not all that but think most weeks they're the team that are brimming with confidence and full of beans 

Yesterday we out-everything-ed them, next week vs spurs I'd expect that to be the other way round, Newcastle won't even have to be 100% on it to still be more on it than spurs 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They were chanting? From the Holte it seemed as if they were some of the worst fans this season. Think we heard them once, around 60 min mark where they had a shot. 

As for the team, they were quite possibly one of the dirtiest I’ve seen. The midfield pairing were constantly making fouls (not always given), and the fullbacks were all over our players

12 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

If they get champions league football the team and brand of football they play has Simeone written all over it. Wether they would be able to tempt him is another thing of course.

None of the other much bigger sides have managed so I’m not sure Newcastle will draw him in. He’s on something ridiculous like €30m a season already.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

None of the other much bigger sides have managed so I’m not sure Newcastle will draw him in. He’s on something ridiculous like €30m a season already.

Talk he's finally leaving Atletico in the summer.

I think he'll just go and manage in Serie A, Inter Milan seems a good fit.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s taken a 10m pay cut until end of the season then he’s off , Atletico are in serious financial trouble and probably the only reason he’s leaving.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I thought they were moaning at the ref because of 2 hand ball shouts, 1 was the Ramsey misjudged header that hit his shoulder, the 2nd one I'm not sure BT even replayed, neither were reviewed by VAR 

Edit - the first one was a slide tackle down in the corner right in front of their fans where the villa player won the ball and then it hit his trailing arm, so not reviewable by VAR and then also I think by the rules because he played it own to his own arm it's not a handball anyway and the handball when it's a trailling arm on a slide tackle is largely bullshit anyway

They seem to be unhappy with the ref because he gave some soft free kicks to us - which he did, to be fair.

He didn’t give us anything with Guimaraes fouling Ramsey and Burn hacking Buendia from behind in the first 15 mins or so, so I’m not massively surprised the way the game panned out.

They’re a physical side. So much of their press is about being aggressive - we passed through it time and time again and it destroyed them. 

10 hours ago, djdabush said:

I thought Howe's comments after the.game were a bit odd. Clearly he's done a great job this season but can you imagine Emery saying that we would do the analysis of the game and then move on very quickly if we got smashed like that?

Every team they will play from now to the end of the season will be taking that performance and using it as a blueprint of how to beat them. If I was Howe I would be spending an awful lot of time going through that and making sure they can make the necessary adaptations.

If we got beat like that under Emery he'd probably be up for 72 hours straight watching videos of it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mantis said:

If we got beat like that under Emery he'd probably be up for 72 hours straight watching videos of it.

No doubt so will Howe, the comment of "move on" is no doubt aimed at the media who will now try and manufacture pressure on them not to bottle it

Will be interesting to see if they do just that, hopefully they hammer him all week still

They're a club leaning heavily of confidence imo focus on that performance and digging everyone out is the worst thing that could happen to them

Edited by villa4europe

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No doubt so will Howe, the comment of "move on" is no doubt aimed at the media who will now try and manufacture pressure on them not to bottle it

Will be interesting to see if they do just that, hopefully they hammer him all week still

They're a club leaning heavily of confidence imo focus on that performance and digging everyone out is the worst thing that could happen to them

I’d still expect them to beat Spurs.

Â