Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Howe should have changed the game earlier today, it was obvious  what he tried wasn't working and he needed a plan B. Is he good enough to get them top 4? I'm not so sure, I think they maybe a 1 trick pony. 

39 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I was thinking exactly that 100% Howe signing 

I can see the logic. Newcastle all about quick transitions to out wide with Almiron and ASM so adding another for 40m was fairly logic. Playing him in midfield today wasn't though.

1 hour ago, Annoyman said:

Feels like they've done enough to get over the line and Spurs and United aren't pulling up trees; Chelsea and presumably Liverpool just completely noping out of Champions League contention really left it open. I wouldn't expect them to go into a cataclysmic tailspin off the back of this result but who knows

Their match thread is a hell of a journey, pre-match all about how Brummies have stupid accents and this forum's basing its perception of their form coming into the game on pathetic, remedial analysis, but the thread is called "Unai "Nee Baals" Emery's Beige Renaissance vs Eddie "Baals in a Wheelbarrow" Howe's UNSTOPPABLE Lunchtime Mags" and also largely hinges on one of their regulars' pathetic, remedial analysis of how our form is actually worse than it is because of xG; then as soon as the match starts it's just "****", "baals", "****", before settling on bitterly complaining about the ref correctly penalising the many fouls they committed

I guess the mental load of constantly pretending that it's fine that your club's success is funded by murderous tyrants just breaks people's brains after a while

They break yer art Tom, the Mags

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Gordon continues to look like a strange signing. 

He continues to look like if Sid from Ice Age went backwards in evolution. Seriously what's wrong with him?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Annoyman said:

Feels like they've done enough to get over the line and Spurs and United aren't pulling up trees; Chelsea and presumably Liverpool just completely noping out of Champions League contention really left it open. I wouldn't expect them to go into a cataclysmic tailspin off the back of this result but who knows

Their match thread is a hell of a journey, pre-match all about how Brummies have stupid accents and this forum's basing its perception of their form coming into the game on pathetic, remedial analysis, but the thread is called "Unai "Nee Baals" Emery's Beige Renaissance vs Eddie "Baals in a Wheelbarrow" Howe's UNSTOPPABLE Lunchtime Mags" and also largely hinges on one of their regulars' pathetic, remedial analysis of how our form is actually worse than it is because of xG; then as soon as the match starts it's just "****", "baals", "****", before settling on bitterly complaining about the ref correctly penalising the many fouls they committed

I guess the mental load of constantly pretending that it's fine that your club's success is funded by murderous tyrants just breaks people's brains after a while

The 'baals' got absolutely fking battered today

They are probably the most 'shithousey' team in the league, and we outdid them in that department massively.

Them complaining about the ref whilst on 14 fouls 1 yellow at HT is amusing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

They are probably the most 'shithousey' team in the league, and we outdid them in that department massively.

Them complaining about the ref whilst on 14 fouls 1 yellow at HT is amusing.

Emery knows how to deal with shithousing teams, he’s faced Simeone’s Atletico plenty of times, arguably the masters of shithousery in club football.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Masterclass exposed just how weak their full backs are. Howe tactically shown up, looked desperate chucking on Almiron and Wilson, still couldn't really break us down.

his critics whilst at bournemouth were that he didn't have a plan B. any attempts to change things made zero impact. you could tell he had no idea today. make no mistake, he's done well for them, but today just showed the difference in quality between the 2 managers and the owners will be watching. they'll be after a big name if they end this season and/or start next season poorly

• Like 1

Reminds me so much of the West Ham team just a year or two ago. Quality in a few key areas but just brutish in general. Fouling, hacking, late challenges. All “tough” football to disguise their primary brand of football is fouling as high up on the pitch as they can get away with to knick easy goals and then sit back with 8 foot center backs. 

I think they’ll be found out once teams have realized how to outdo this defense and trap their pressing. 

• Like 3

I think they'll evolve their style further next season.

Seems one of their main targets is Kieran Tierney. I think that's a very logical move as he needs to play week in week out somewhere. Fair to say as an LB he has a completely different profile to Dan Burn!

Signing Maddison would also be interesting as then they have a genuine give and go number 10 who can feed the ball through to Isak.

I wish they'd just start spending 50m + on completely average players coming up to 30 and then they'd slide down the league but it's not really happening and despite us smashing them they're still very well placed to finish at least 4th which will be game changing for their short term goals.

One bonus at least is they will probably struggle with the three games a week dynamic as their bench was pretty thin on genuine quality aside from Almiron coming back. However you can say the same about us.

Still had a chuckle listening to the preview on TS and them still crying about the banners we put up in 2009 game.

Edited by VillaChris

Â