Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

They've probably got enough to stay up now but I expect it to go all the way. Don't forget that Watford might improve under Roy, Deano's on a run with Norwich, and Burnley have signed a better striker to play in their 11 games in hand. 

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Have my doubts about how Targett will cope with a roaring, demanding St James Park crowd.

Wish him all the best but I think he will struggle. Won' get much defensive support from Maximin.

Could be right

I thought on paper they were the best of the four already they just had the worst manager in Bruce and the mental fragility thanks to Ashley 

Biscuit buddies aren't going to call out Bruce 

This is going to be spun in the biggest miracle the PL has ever seen... No one will remember the other teams down there with them being utter dogshit

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I thought on paper they were the best of the four already they just had the worst manager in Bruce and the mental fragility thanks to Ashley 

Biscuit buddies aren't going to call out Bruce 

This is going to be spun in the biggest miracle the PL has ever seen... No one will remember the other teams down there with them being utter dogshit

Think the Norwich survival will be spun that way. 

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

LOL

Targett as their main LB is going to be scenes

Targett is a huge upgrade on Lewis who looks all over the place. Him and Cantwell were incredibly overhyped in Norwich last top flight season

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Targett is a huge upgrade on Lewis who looks all over the place. Him and Cantwell were incredibly overhyped in Norwich last top flight season

Even so - he's very limited, going forward and defensively. He's not going to massively improve that defence. Having Lascelles still is proof of how you can't polish that turd of a defence

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Have my doubts about how Targett will cope with a roaring, demanding St James Park crowd.

Wish him all the best but I think he will struggle. Won' get much defensive support from Maximin.

He'll do as well as he did when out fans come back.  Poor.

Be interesting to see how Howe plays him.

Targett and Burn are an upgrade on what they currently have. Whether Burn can replicate his Brighton form, in a different system and under a different manager, remains to be seen.

If they’d signed these 2 under Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce, the fans would be in uproar.

Guimares sounds very highly rated and will likely turn out to be a very good signing long-term. However, with the step up to the pace and physicality of the Premier League from Ligue 1, it could take him some time to adapt. 

They needed another attacking player but they’ve failed to land one. 

It’s a mixed bag. I think they’re strong enough to stay up, but I really hope I’m proved wrong. 

Targett is a very good left back. Lets not try say he isnt. 

For me its a massive signing for them

Targett was pretty dreadful against watford. Luckily i dontvthink they play again as all watford would have to do is stick sarr on targett and its game over. Despite that targetts a veey solif left back

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Botman saying Newcastle is a nice project so looks like that will happen in the summer if they stay up

so what he is saying is:

"if they stay up, i might go there for the kachinga kachinga"

• Like 1

Â