Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I think Newcastle would happily pay what Man United want for Lingard, it's more of a case that he doesn't want to sign on a permanent deal cos he wants to keep his options open. He's a free agent in the summer I think so will make a load of money with his next club anyways.

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

Transfers are always much longer than they appear. I did wonder when we signed Digne if it was because Targett was on his way out.

I’d snap their hands off at £15m+

What the hell?  I wouldn’t sell for £25m, especially to Newcastle.  £50m for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

What the hell?  I wouldn’t sell for £25m, especially to Newcastle.  £50m for them.

Tbf, £15m maybe a bit too cheap as he’s our cover. I’d be tempted if offers were getting towards £20m. 

I imagine £20/25M would get us negotiating for Targett for anyone else.

But in the Jan window and to these words removed it should be £35M to even get us to come to the table. Just makes no sense to help them get out the mess they’re in without significant compensation.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I just wouldn't sell him to Newcastle full stop 

Exactly. What the **** do we want to be selling good players to these assholes for? We want them to spend a few years in the Championship, not rise out of the mire like a phoenix.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Must be onto page 3 of the longest shortlist in history now 😂

Better off throwing money at Championship players

I thought this at the start of the window to be honest. Rather than building a Mercenary Allstars, they might be better off in the long run investing in the best quality younger players in the Championship that they can mold over time, and who won't be desperate to jump ship if they do go down.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Exactly. What the **** do we want to be selling good players to these assholes for? We want them to spend a few years in the Championship, not rise out of the mire like a phoenix.

I thought this at the start of the window to be honest. Rather than building a Mercenary Allstars, they might be better off in the long run investing in the best quality younger players in the Championship that they can mold over time, and who won't be desperate to jump ship if they do go down.

I forget if he left in bad circumstances but they could have thrown a bid for Mitrovic maybe give Fulham 50 million for him and Carvalho

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I forget if he left in bad circumstances but they could have thrown a bid for Mitrovic maybe give Fulham 50 million for him and Carvalho

Fulham look sure-fire certainties for automatic promotion, they won’t be letting go of prize assets. Newcastle could (fingers crossed) be heading in the opposite direction. 

I hope they dont get lingard as his 1st home game will be against us and imyou just know he will score the winner past us

Also i echo why would we sell targett to them? Unless they offer something stupid like 45m i wouldnt sell him to them

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

i'm really not sure Lingard is gonna look as good at Newcastle as he did with West Ham

I agree with that sentiment and who does he play instead of st maximan? 

i am both surprised by the fact that Newcastle haven’t had a better transfer window with only a week or so to go and they haven’t signed players in my view that are guaranteed to keep them up. But also not surprised because they are a bit of a shambles both in set up and how the rich people are running the club plus on balance they are still more likely to go down than stop up 

but hey anything is possible 

If Watford and Leeds both win this weekend, Newcastle are in big trouble. I could see both of those results happening. It really will leave Newcastle with a massive job to stay up then. It’s got nothing to do with Newcastle to be honest, or very little at least, but I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a team to got relegated more than this! Come on Watford (sorry Deano) and Leeds!

why would utd sell lingard to them. newcastle stay up, they will be shopping in the same market as them, assuming utd fail to qualify for the CL.

it's a deal that makes zero sense for them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope they dont get lingard as his 1st home game will be against us and imyou just know he will score the winner past us

Also i echo why would we sell targett to them? Unless they offer something stupid like 45m i wouldnt sell him to them

They have 3 games until they play us

If he does score the winner vs is we should be embarrassed as they are a dreadful dreadful team 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

They have 3 games until they play us

If he does score the winner vs is we should be embarrassed as they are a dreadful dreadful team 

We seem to be having a lot of bad luck of late. Some of our own doing but then like Brentford i mean how did that happen

Â