Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

32 goals scored and only 12 conceded. Averaging over 2 goals a match and less than one conceded. Clark must be pretty happy he was sold. He will be back in the premier league next season. He also is playing well for them. 

I really hope they play him week in and week out in premier league then they will really see how shite he is. this is his level just like baker. bakers been immense in championship but doenst look great in PL

• Like 1

On 27/10/2016 at 11:22, Demitri_C said:

ritchie and gayle have been the difference for them. it would be interesting to how they did if both were injured at same time. 

I'm sure Ciaran can sort that out in training!

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2016 at 14:52, Demitri_C said:

I really hope they play him week in and week out in premier league then they will really see how shite he is. this is his level just like baker. bakers been immense in championship but doenst look great in PL

Newcastle have lost 3 games this season - Ciaran Clark played in none of them.

However, he has played in 11 games this season, for the full 90 minutes.  His record is 10 wins, 1 draw.

"Shite".

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

However, he has played in 11 games this season, for the full 90 minutes.  His record is 10 wins, 1 draw.

"Shite".

That's poor footballing logic though.  It's akin to saying you can't pick up a good player from a relegated side because hey they got relegated.  Not every player in a top team is good and not every player in a bottom team is poor.  We've seen 7 years of Ciaran Clark so we know what he's like.  10 games as a barcode doesn't change that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's poor footballing logic though.  It's akin to saying you can't pick up a good player from a relegated side because hey they got relegated.  Not every player in a top team is good and not every player in a bottom team is poor.  We've seen 7 years of Ciaran Clark so we know what he's like.  10 games as a barcode doesn't change that.

Isn't it saying the opposite to that?  He is a decent player from a relegated side that has helped make Newcastle's defence solid.  The poor footballing logic would be to say that he's bad because he's in a side that got relegated.

FWIW, I always rated him higher than most here so perhaps biased ;) I thought his spells as captain here were good and he was our most solid centre back over the past 5 or so season.  I think I said elsewhere, I'd have rather kept Clark than basically spent £4m + Clark on James Chester.  Each to their own!

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

The poor footballing logic would be to say that he's bad because he's in a side that got relegated.

Yes it would be poor logic if someone was trying to suggest he was bad solely because he was part of a relegated side, but no-one is saying that.  I'm saying he's poor because he has been poor for 7 seasons even when Villa weren't doing terribly.

I took from your post that you were suggesting 10 wins and a draw automatically meant he was good.  Maybe I misunderstood.  To me he's the same player he always was.  He's just playing in a side who are currently over-matched in the division.

Anyway, I just came in here to say the annoying thing about them isn't even that they're winning.  It's that they're usually winning by about 3 minutes.  Honestly, the amount of times I've checked the scores at about 15:04 on a Saturday and the only goal scored has been Newcastle's :rant:  I think they're sailing towards triple figures and Gayle is sailing towards whatever the Chumpionship's equivalent of the golden boot is, as a few of us suspected.

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yes it would be poor logic if someone was trying to suggest he was bad solely because he was part of a relegated side, but no-one is saying that.  I'm saying he's poor because he has been poor for 7 seasons even when Villa weren't doing terribly.

I took from your post that you were suggesting 10 wins and a draw automatically meant he was good.  Maybe I misunderstood.  To me he's the same player he always was.  He's just playing in a side who are currently over-matched in the division.

Well, my post implies that he's part of their improved defence - which I think he is, as they have missed him when he hasn't played (3 losses etc).  Further, I don't think he was poor for 7 seasons for us.  He's a decent defender and Newcastle have made a shrewd signing.

Just now, bobzy said:

Well, my post implies that he's part of their improved defence - which I think he is, as they have missed him when he hasn't played (3 losses etc).  Further, I don't think he was poor for 7 seasons for us.  He's a decent defender and Newcastle have made a shrewd signing.

They're doing well with him in the side.  We will agree to disagree on how good he is.  IMO improving THAT Newcastle defence doesn't make you good, it just makes you better than what was there before you.  He seems to fit them, so I think everyone won in this deal, including us btw.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

"Shite".

Baker has looked just as good at this level in my opinion. Fact is this level is quite poor as shown. Once Newcastle get promoted if they rely on Ciaran Clark as their first choice centre back they will be back down here again. The guy is absolutely hopeless on the top level in this country. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BOF said:

Thats exactly as how I saw his post

Â