Christian Benteke

Kwan

Yes he's off full match fitness. But it's not like he's just back to any type of training. He's back in full training now and he will be fit enough given that to make sub appearances before end of October. That's 6 weeks away. He's not a winger.

Put on for final 15 mins to hold up the ball is very much what I can see happening, or more likely to try get a goal against City. 

Belgium will play him, no chance they won't. So when he's back - barring a setback -  he will certainly feature for Everton game. 

I really think we should treat this tentatively.  We rushed him back last season and he was half the player he was the season before.

We're doing well at the moment and we have the luxury of not having to rush him back.  I'd play him in a couple of behind closed doors friendlies before even introducing him as a sub in a competitive match, where a bad first touch can lead to the opponents scoring a goal - such is the brutality of the PL.

We should get him back and firing on all cylinders, whether that's October or even November.  Yes we all want to see him smashing in goals left, right and center, but the season is much longer than a 4-6 week period.  We could have him in peak condition by the start of the Xmas period and that's when we need him most, when the going gets tough.

But I can't wait to see him perform in our new look squad, he can concentrate on his own game, rather than trying to do too much.

• Like 1

Gonna be glad to see him back but he should earn his place like everyone else

Something like this, or only poor performance will get you dropped. Sounds ridiculously common sense, I want to see every player fighting for every minute like their lives depend on it. 

Yes he's off full match fitness. But it's not like he's just back to any type of training. He's back in full training now and he will be fit enough given that to make sub appearances before end of October. That's 6 weeks away. He's not a winger.

Put on for final 15 mins to hold up the ball is very much what I can see happening, or more likely to try get a goal against City.

Belgium will play him, no chance they won't. So when he's back - barring a setback - he will certainly feature for Everton game.

He's not a winger no, but his best trick is receiving the ball with back to goal and twisting and turning and powering his way past a terrified defender. We could see when we rushed him back last season that it might take a bit of time for him to get back to that stage, but after a couple of weeks I expect to see him give 15/20 minutes. A month before he's starting.

IMO of course.

• Like 1

Grounds for gross misconduct right there, sort him out Lambo, you push over.

No wonder we've been shit for the last 2 years. With this debauchery going on, on a day to day basis.

I bet kars-hole and vulvahouse are responsible for this.

Benteke out!

Belgium will play him, no chance they won't. So when he's back - barring a setback - he will certainly feature for Everton game.

He's not a winger no, but his best trick is receiving the ball with back to goal and twisting and turning and powering his way past a terrified defender. We could see when we rushed him back last season that it might take a bit of time for him to get back to that stage, but after a couple of weeks I expect to see him give 15/20 minutes. A month before he's starting.

IMO of course.

Agreed.

We rushed him back last season and it didn't turn out so well at first. 

Given our good form, we absolutely need to make sure he's fully fit and relatively sharp before starting him.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â