Christian Benteke

Kwan

Anyone think 100k would change his mind?

Anyone think Spurs would give him £100k a week ?

This is what has been puzzling me about the Spurs link. I can't see them paying him much more than what we are offering but apparently the agent is talking £100k and up?

Anyone think 100k would change his mind?

Anyone think Spurs would give him £100k a week ?

This is what has been puzzling me about the Spurs link. I can't see them paying him much more than what we are offering but apparently the agent is talking £100k and up?

Especially not with their current wage bill.

Bale must be on a shit load, Adebayor certainly is, Dembele, Paulinho, Lloris.

Then the fee in hand, I think £15m is about as high as they can go as stated above, they aren't mega rich and haven't won or qualified for anything that would increase their finances heavily, unless they're spending the new TV money which they won't receive until the end of the season.

what annoys me about all this is we could have offered him a contract in January/February time to double his money get him signed up for another 4-5 years dobuleing his money but all we got was we had to wait till we were safe from relegation before we risked opening negotiations. Lets be honest we have some players on big contracts that no ther club would come close to matching because they offer really poor value for money.  Benteke is not one of those we could have given him a nice new contract safe in the knowledge that had we got relegated we could ship him on still for decent money if we couldn't sustain his wages in the championship. IT all just seems very short sighted not looking at the big picture for the future. None the less lets get rid now get the money in rebuild. We got him in for 8 mill now selling for 25 lets see if PL can spend 15-20 million on a striker that can give similar value to benteke. 

Been reading that Chelsea want Benteke but he prefers a move to Tottenham? Why would he prefer a team in europa to champions league? Chelsea look like they will win the league but Spurs will likely miss out on 4th spot yet again. 

It is being reported this morning that Spurs will not offer more than £15m for Benteke, yet they value Bale at £80m.

It is being reported this morning that Spurs will not offer more than £15m for Benteke, yet they value Bale at £80m.

Benteke isnt going to spurs

You can quote that again...

• Like 1

Been reading that Chelsea want Benteke but he prefers a move to Tottenham? Why would he prefer a team in europa to champions league? Chelsea look like they will win the league but Spurs will likely miss out on 4th spot yet again.

Because he is afraid he isn't good enough for a starting spot

Well, then they won't get him.

I assume they will offer it with loads of add ons and bonuses, after all it is Levy...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

He probably fears not starting all of the time and competing with Lukaku. I believe he will end up at Chelsea as i dont thonk Ba and Torres will be there much longer.

Jose likes a Drogba type player and he can rotate Benteke and Lukaku which I think is his plan. I could be wrong though!

Because he is afraid he isn't good enough for a starting spot

I don't believe that. It's just paper talk, I recon he'd love to link up with Lukaku, Hazrard etc.

I dont even know how i did that!

• Like 1

whilst i thik we should be getting more for Benteke, Bale took Inter apart in the San Siro in a Champions league not so long ago, making Maicon look like he'd never played the game before in the process whilst spurs were down 4 goals and only had 10 men. He's gone on to develop since then so a comparison between the two players seems a bit wrong to me.

whilst i thik we should be getting more for Benteke, Bale took Inter apart in the San Siro in a Champions league not so long ago, making Maicon look like he'd never played the game before in the process whilst spurs were down 4 goals and only had 10 men. He's gone on to develop since then so a comparison between the two players seems a bit wrong to me.

I think it's more that they are prepared to put a high pricetag on their star player so they shouldn't be surprised when we do the same.

I think it's more that they are prepared to put a high pricetag on their star player so they shouldn't be surprised when we do the same.

They are probably not surprised.

In which case he will not be going to Spurs

• Like 3

I dont even know how i did that!

tumblr_m6yvhgBLnG1qk8zxso1_250.gif

Maybe Bentake saw our new signings in training and thought F this, I'm outa here!

At last, a decent post to read from you!

.. oh wait, scrap that. Still waiting

;)

Â