Christian Benteke

Kwan

With the club holding all the cards £40m seems very reasonable.

This is the problem with struggling every season, this will happen time after time. Time for our management to take a leaf out of Levy's book on transfer dealings and grow a pair or we will never kick-on. At £20k/pw he can train with the kids for a year, even as the forgotten man he'll be worth at least £15m with two years left on his contract.

This business with Benteke and Weimann [agents] makes me sick.

Edited by thunderball

I think he'll be a big hit here.. a Heskey who can score. Although as I said on Twitter, we play City in the cup who now have Richard Wright. And if that fuckstain goes near this Belgian.........

Just absent-mindedly stumbled back through this thread, came across my view on him. Well it shows I am right about things occasionally!

With the club holding all the cards £40m seems very reasonable.

This is the problem with struggling every season, this will happen time after time. Time for our management to take a leaf out of Levy's book on transfer dealings and grow a pair or we will never kick-on. At £20k/pw he can train with the kids for a year, even as the forgotten man he'll be worth at least £15m with two years left on his contract.

This business with Benteke and Weimann [agents] makes me sick.

I agree posted the same above.

Edited by neil3241
  • Like 1

He isn't a bell end. His agent is

We'll see.

I think people have a detached opinion about agents and players. Apparently Players can't think for themselves and Agents are always the bad guys. 

Benteke wants to leave. Lets just concentrate on getting the right amount of money and hopefully we can offload him to a team in Spain because like others have said, I can't stand the thought of lining up against him. He's THAT good.

I know Agents are in the business for themselves and to make as much money as they can but the players themselves are not blameless.

I keep hearing posts slating Weimann's and Benteke's agent...why? Its the players who have instructed them to look around and see if they can get them a bigger deal elsewhere. Do you reckon that maybe, just maybe, a player could say to his agent, 'I want to stay at Aston Villa'...?

Weimann and Benteke just want the best for themselves. They aren't Villa fans, they are professionals. They probably couldn't give two shits about this club.

I know Agents are in the business for themselves and to make as much money as they can but the players themselves are not blameless.

I keep hearing posts slating Weimann's and Benteke's agent...why? Its the players who have instructed them to look around and see if they can get them a bigger deal elsewhere. Do you reckon that maybe, just maybe, a player could say to his agent, 'I want to stay at Aston Villa'...?

Weimann and Benteke just want the best for themselves. They aren't Villa fans, they are professionals. They probably couldn't give two shits about this club.

I know but I often have to convince myself that this isn`t the case. Is that wrong ? :/

Great- have 3 months of this shit. Villa have to play hard ball on this given our recent history with star players.

That's why I said earlier, the club can't just do nothing. They should :

A. Say he's NOT FOR SALE.

B. slap a £50m price tag on him , or higher.

Great- have 3 months of this shit. Villa have to play hard ball on this given our recent history with star players.

That's why I said earlier, the club can't just do nothing. They should :

A. Say he's NOT FOR SALE.

B. slap a £50m price tag on him , or higher.

Whats C?

We won’t Teke £30m
Benteke_1720765a.jpg
GOING NOWHERE ... Christian Benteke will stay at Villa Park, if owner Randy Lerner has his way

ASTON VILLA are ready to turn down offers of £30million for star striker Christian Benteke.

The Belgium hotshot’s stunning hat-trick against Sunderland on Monday saw him crash through the 20-goal mark for the season — and sky rocket his value on the transfer market.

Struggling Villa are now bracing themselves for record offers for Benteke, 22 but chairman Randy Lerner is adamant he will resist the temptation to cash in on the striker.Villa have a reputation as a selling club after letting stars such as James Milner, Ashley Young, Gareth Barry and Stewart Downing go for big money in recent seasons. And the sale of Benteke would rake in more than Milner’s £26m move to Manchester City three years ago when Stephen Ireland acted as a makeweight in the deal.

That is Villa’s record sale and Benteke would fetch more.

A £30m deal would be more than FOUR times the fee they paid for Benteke when he arrived from Genk in August but Lerner is ready to reject bids, with boss Paul Lambert looking to build for the future around his young squad. Tottenham, Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool have all shown interest — along with clubs in Europe.

But Lambert knows Villa would be back to square one next season if they continue to sell their prize assets. And Villa fans are desperate not to see their latest find follow other big names out of the club. But the Midlanders’ valuation of a player, who has had just one season in the Premier League, is likely to scare off potential buyers.

Villa know they must stay in the Premier League to hold on to Benteke.

The Sun

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

C is do nothing which will mean 3 months of media hell.

The club need to sit down agree a way forward with CB and agent and then either say NOT FOR SALE at any price OR offers only over £x will be considered.

Spurs have come out and said Bale is NFS.

We should do the same .

The one thing that the press miss with their speculation of £15m fees is that, with all the money available per place in the PL now, it is questionable whether a club would take that for a 19 goal striker entering the final year of a 4 year contract, never mind one who has just finished the first year.

The one thing that the press miss with their speculation of £15m fees is that, with all the money available per place in the PL now, it is questionable whether a club would take that for a 19 goal striker entering the final year of a 4 year contract, never mind one who has just finished the first year.

Saying things are "a joke" sounds a bit Vicky Pollard, but 15 million for Benteke is exactly that.

I know but I often have to convince myself that this isn`t the case. Is that wrong ? :/

No! We all do it. We all want the players playing for Villa to love the club as much as we do.

But, they dont.

We can blame agents as much as we like but really it just hides the fact that Weimann and Benteke probably want to play elsewhere. Look at the way Benteke treated Genk when he wanted his move. He will do the same here and I genuinely believe that this situation will get very ugly in the coming weeks.

Weimann would be mad to move elsewhere at this stage in his career. The lad needs a reality check and wants to put pen to paper in order to continue his development. 

People forget that agents, whilst obviously in the business of sales, loathe to burn bridges with potential customers too.

If agents went hell for leather to engineer moves for their clients every time there was some interest, they'd burn their bridges with every club in the land sooner or later.

If Benteke's agent helped force through an uneccesarily premature move through for CB this season, you can bet his other clients won't be bought up by Villa in the near future. Extrapolate that across all clients and clubs an you'll see there's a balancing act in toe.

For every club an agent pisses off, a potential future buyer is burnt. In my opinion CB will only move if it's good value for CB AND Villa.

Edited by StanBalaban

Saying things are "a joke" sounds a bit Vicky Pollard, but 15 million for Benteke is exactly that.

Yes I wonder how they came up with a 15mil figure?

I hear this all the time, that when a player wants to move he "couldn't give two shits about the club" and frankly 90% of the time it's bollocks. A player can be happy, enjoying his football, getting along with his team mates, manager and the fans and still hold a desire to further himself. 

Giving a shit is one thing, being a fan is another. There is a clear distinction between the two. 

i know it doesn't help us, but what is the downside to CB or his agent of all this media coverage - if anything its simply increasing his value - either to a new club, or to villa in his new contract negotiations...

its all deniable, in any event, as either not being from him directly or having been misquoted if he was...

if the clubs feel there are many suitors, there may be a bidding war - agent and players dream situation....

it may help him in spoofing paul lambert in a deal that is worth more than we should be giving him....  

at the end of the day, i don't think we can offer him enough money to stay... someone will always be prepared to match or top that number...

if he stays, its because we have given him very good money and the promise that we are effectively going to be the best showcase that he can possibly have in the build up to a world cup...

as i think about it, i'm not sure if even that is compelling... while he is playing in a side that is mid-table at best, his value and playing credibility sits in that category of a very good player outplaying the rest of his teammates.... he has yet to show the world how good he is at the very top level... if i were him, and i backed myself, i'd say give me the top level now, and i'll show you i'm good enough there too....

would love him to stay, although i would guess with the right teams coming in for him, its going to be very difficult to keep the big man here, even for one more year...

i also don't think this is a uniquely villa situation.... looking at it neutrally, you have clubs like tottenham, liverpool, arsenal, borussia dortmund, napoli and athletico madrid losing their star performers to the concentration of 'super' teams that are forming across the leagues - the current version of the G14... these are big clubs with far better recent success than we have and they are all in the same sort of position that we currently are...

on the positive side, i have a strong belief that paul lambert is not the sort of player that will be spoofed by anyone.... the fact that he came out with his CVB needs to develop a sense of reality quotes so quickly after all of this began, shows that he will not be steamrollered into a decision by any player that he doesn't want to make...

we just need to hope that RL and PF have the balls to stand behind their man if he chooses to adopt that approach...

Â