Christian Benteke

Kwan

One could also wonder whether PL and RL would have a tiff if RL was willing to refuse a decent offer in the hope that PL would build around CB next season, but PL fancied giving it another go in the transfer market with the cash. I'm not sure how relevant or enjoyable guessing the answer to hypothetical questions is though.

How have we got the 'information' that he's not willing to talk to us at the moment?

Is there a quote or credible link I've missed?

Found this from twitter links, Sun:

CHRISTIAN BENTEKE is set for further contract talks with Aston Villa.

Villa are keen to reward their £20,000 a week top scorer a bumper pay rise.

Tottenham, Manchester City, Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund all want the 22-year-old who scored 23 goals for Villa in first Premier League season.

Benteke, who has three years left on his current deal, will hold talks when he returns from the USA where Belgium play on May 29.

Meanwhile Stiliyan Petrov will take his first steps into coaching next season as Villa’s assistant development coach.

The 33-year-old Bulgarian will act as No 2 to former midfielder Gordon Cowans in bringing on the cream of Villa’s kids.

Petrov’s acute leukaemia has been in remission since August and he said: “I will study for my coaching badges over the coming months and I am looking forward to working with Gordon Cowans, a true Villa legend.

“My hope is that I can help the young lads to progress, become better players and better human beings.”

Sun mentions that they're gonna hold talks after he comes back from the USA which I find understandable if he's already with the national team.

Lambert has already said they've benn talking for weeks. KSV posted the info but hasn't stated where from, and woodytom has taken that as gospel.

Nothing to see here.

O it was the sun.... say no more

Edited by villan_007

Benteke: "If I should stay, I do not put me down as necessary to '

benteke.jpg.h380.jpg.568.jpg

Christian Benteke traveling as one of the most coveted Red Devils to America. After a great season at Aston Villa, the striker linked with the big clubs in the Premier League.His agent traveled to Birmingham for an interview, but for now there is no question of a transfer. Nevertheless, Benteke 'a solution where all parties better off. " Read: a transfer.

"If Aston Villa says I should stay, I do not necessarily accept that," says Benteke. "I do not in any way hebbendat I'm out of my career, I try to get everything."

At a big club risks not play the ex-Genk striker and that may be possible bring World Cup chances in jeopardy. But Benteke is not worried.

"Of course playing the World Cup in Rio in my head. But I have no fear of falling. From the team With my family I will decide where my future lies. "

Bentekes agent Eris Kismet says no decision comes before the match against Serbia

Poorly translated by Google from here.

Basically saying he wants to get the most from his career.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Heres another version of the quotes, translated better than Google.

It looks like Aston Villa are set to lose Christian Benteke this summer.

Belgium media outlet Nieuwsblad have printed a story on Thursday indicating that the brilliant Villa forward is pining for a move away from the Midlands this summer.

Benteke, 22, is currently on international duty ahead of a match against the United States, and before he boarded a plane to America the centre-forward dropped his biggest hint yet that his future lies away from Villa Park.

Benteke told Nieuwsblad:

If Aston Villa says I must stay, I won’t necessarily accept that. I do not in any way want to feel I didn’t get the most out of my career. Of course playing the World Cup in Rio is in my head. But I have no fear of falling out of the team. With my family I will decide where my future lies. 

Benteke’s comments have been understood as a come-and-get-me call to the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund.

Christian Benteke scored 19 goals in the Premier League last season, and al those strikes can be seen in one video below.

101greatgoals

Edited by HalfTimePost

So clearly he has had his head turned, no doubt his ridiculous agent is desperate to get another massive cut of the large transfer fees being touted about so has gone all out to persuade him he would be holding his career back by staying here... could see that one coming months back.

That statement indicates that he has clearly been speaking with PL who has told him to think about the World Cup in Rio & to unsettle his career now could put his place in the Belgium team at risk potentially.... Benteke has countered that by saying he's not worried about that... Or in other words, "I'm off". As for the club keeping him against his will?.....Really?... History shows us he'll be gone.

So... With Bent now off too looks like we'll need a new striker or two.. Unbelievable!.. How to lose both your star strikers in one go.... Only at the Villa.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Â