Christian Benteke

Kwan

just improve the contract of him and then is al these nosense is over. and **** off dortmund benteke stays here!

Hey, Belgian Guy - email/tweet him and tell him that all the Belgium fans want him to stay at Villa! :)

• Like 1

Hmmmmm, From what I have read it would appear that no matter how much money we throw at this guy he will be off this time next year, so just how much extra do we expect RL to pay him?

He has had a fantastic season and I have really enjoyed watching him but his agent is really pissing me off.

Personally if it were up to me I would only offer a new improved offer to him (and his agent!) if there was something more in it for Villa, maybe increase the length of the contract and include a big sell on clause (50m+), plus all of the extra money he will get could be games and goals related bonus. Just something more than Villa just being held to cash ransom for the coming season.

I realise that contracts today seem to be worthless at times but the longer left on his contract and a minimum sell on clause might mean we get top dollar when he inevitably leaves us and a games and goals bonus will (hopefully) ensure that he continues to work hard for the team, even when he wants out.

I just hate the way agents treat clubs.

just improve the contract of him and then is al these nosense is over. and **** off dortmund benteke stays here!

Hey, Belgian Guy - email/tweet him and tell him that all the Belgium fans want him to stay at Villa! :)

Already done that ;)

• Like 2

Why do people think that Villa will give him an improved contract without no extension? Makes no sense at all. I'm quite confident that if he signs a new contract it'll include an extension. Otherwise it would be just daft. Ok, it could be like "Give me more money or I'll leave" but then again I'd hope for us to say that he's under contract wih us and leaves if we allow him to.

Why do people think that Villa will give him an improved contract without no extension? Makes no sense at all. I'm quite confident that if he signs a new contract it'll include an extension. Otherwise it would be just daft. Ok, it could be like "Give me more money or I'll leave" but then again I'd hope for us to say that he's under contract wih us and leaves if we allow him to.

100% agree, wouldn't even be surprised if we try to offer him 5 years but doubt he would want to do that. Not a chance we will go in intending on 3. However, if he and the club both know he is going to leave at the end of next season anyway, then as long as he has more than 2 years left at that point it makes no difference really!

Because he has only done it for 1 season in the premership clubs will still be reluctant to pay top dollar.  20-25 million is the most we will get this summer, thats why i believe we should hold out to next summer before selling him.

Yes people can say Andy Carrol this and that, but that was a messed up deal.  Chelsea want torres badly hence why Carrol went for an over inflated price.

He's not going anywhere unless the club sell.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Players have the power these days.  If he says he wants to get out of dodge then their isnt much the club can do.

I'd like to think if I was a football I wouldn't bother with some wankface of an agent.

You say that now, but you'll soon change your tune after being demoted to the £3 sale-bin outside of Sports Soccer.

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 4

The only thing that worries me is that as hes only on 20k a week it wouldn't take that much for a club to pay off his contract. I think the fact we have him on a long term contract is a little meaningless really, but I could be wrong.

Players have the power these days.  If he says he wants to get out of dodge then their isnt much the club can do.

Disagree. What's Benteke going to do? He won't go on strike or under-perform the season before the World Cup.

The club have the upper hand this summer. Benteke was plucked out of nowhere and the club is giving him a better deal because he deserves it. They don't even have to give him a better deal.

Question is whether Benteke will sign a three year or four year deal. Four year and we won't have to sell him next summer. Three year and we will sell next summer. That's where the bargaining is.

We could also sell him this summer if we get an offer that is £40-50 million: i.e. the amount Benteke would be worth next summer if he has another 20 goal season.

Disagree. What's Benteke going to do? He won't go on strike or under-perform the season before the World Cup.

The club have the upper hand this summer. Benteke was plucked out of nowhere and the club is giving him a better deal because he deserves it. They don't even have to give him a better deal.

Question is whether Benteke will sign a three year or four year deal. Four year and we won't have to sell him next summer. Three year and we will sell next summer. That's where the bargaining is.

We could also sell him this summer if we get an offer that is £40-50 million: i.e. the amount Benteke would be worth next summer if he has another 20 goal season.

Could be right in this case.  World Cup might be our biggest saviour.  As you say he wont want to rot on the bench, though would Villa let him if he said he wanted to go.  Cutting their nose off to spite their face.  I still think he will sign on improved terms with an extra year.

Â