Christian Benteke

Kwan

:lol:

What? Most goals + assists last season. Today him and Benteke were a class above everybody else out there, anyone with even a quarter of a brain can see that. If everyone out there 1 to 11 played their positions as well as these two did we'd have three points and a clean sheet. Disagree? Put it in the Gabby thread. 

There are very few consistent 21 year old strikers in the Premier League, even fewer in their first season in English football.

I don't think we could have asked or expected any more of Benteke this season especially playing in this 'team', the odd sitter aside and the shit marking on corners he has generally been superb.

He has a huge future in the game on a far bigger stage than we can provide.

He could still go and put in a Bradford/Newcastle(penalty aside)/Wigan performance next weekend. It's probably just the nature of being a young player.

Whilst I do agree with you I also think people are getting carried away with the Carew comparison. Carew was literally one week unstoppable, the next completely inept.

Despite missing a boat load of sitters his all round game against Bradford was fine, they couldn't handle him, as you would expect. Newcastle did a job on him for 45 minutes, but we barely had the ball. He was shit against Wigan.

Yes, he's not yet world class. If he played to his top level every week he would be one of the best in the league. But his potential is frightening, much, much higher than that of Carew.

We arguably have the best young striker in Europe and unfortunately i see a big money bid coming in from Man City in the summer.

I have always prided myself in being able to spot a good player and being able to spot a bad one. On both counts i was very wrong about him as he is a fabulous footballer with massive potential and i just hope he has the right people around him to help him realise that potential?

I don't mind selling, just as long as we get a massive fee for him and it gets reinvested back into the team. The guy has potential to be the next Drogba, he is destined for big things.

Oh like the other fees we reinvested? Villa like to downgrade whenever they sell a key player so I expect the Troy Deeney's of this world to be the replacement.

Oh like the other fees we reinvested? Villa like to downgrade whenever they sell a key player so I expect the Troy Deeney's of this world to be the replacement.

That was in the midst of severe cost cutting, the reduction in wages is well on its way. I dont think you can use other examples of not reinvesting to say we wont reinvest any money if we do sell Benteke.

If we dont that would be criminal. My opinion of Lerner has changed considerably but I still have faith  he would reinvest any money made from a potential sale of Tekkers

That was in the midst of severe cost cutting, the reduction in wages is well on its way. I dont think you can use other examples of not reinvesting to say we wont reinvest any money if we do sell Benteke.

If we dont that would be criminal. My opinion of Lerner has changed considerably but I still have faith  he would reinvest any money made from a potential sale of Tekkers

Well I think it's safe to say that your faith is blind on this one. I fully expect to see a Troy Deeney type wearing the C&B once Benteke is sold.

We still should hold out for big money and not take the first offer we get(even though that is highly unlikely you never know).

I would argue that Lukaku holds just as much potential that he does, and he is 19. 

Shame really, would be fantastic if he would be a player that would stay for a couple of years. But who can blame he, if I was in his shoes I would probably leave though considering some of the players that are on the team. 

But he still has some flaws and for that I don`t think he should take a big leap just yet, as that may hurt his chances more. I am not so sure he would be that successful at Arsenal if he went there. We would be so much higher on the table if we had more signings like him. Imagine if we got players like m`vila, sissoko, capoue, holtby, douglas and so on.  :(

If we go down he'll definitely go. If we stay up he might give us one more season as he'll be a regular and will thus have even more time to develop his game. At a big club we possibly wouldn't get as much game time at a crucial stage in his development. But then I'm perhaps being hopeful here and also it's unlikely we'll be in the premier league come the start of next season.

Well I think it's safe to say that your faith is blind on this one. I fully expect to see a Troy Deeney type wearing the C&B once Benteke is sold.

Your right.... Its more hopeful than anything else Im just trying to justify my hope and I dont want to accept that he wont reinvest until I have to :P

We arguably have the best young striker in Europe and unfortunately i see a big money bid coming in from Man City in the summer.

I have always prided myself in being able to spot a good player and being able to spot a bad one. On both counts i was very wrong about him as he is a fabulous footballer with massive potential and i just hope he has the right people around him to help him realise that potential?

I hope I don't sound flippant in saying this, fair play to you Morpheus. I tend to think the same about myself, most fans do I guess, but sometimes it's equally as satisfying to be wrong about a player as it is to be right.

I don't think there's much arguing about it. I'm really struggling to think of "young" striker, as in one still not "established" who matches up to him. Obviously there are better <22 year old strikers out there, he's no Neymar, but I think his skill set makes him very unique in world football. At least based on my limited knowledge.

I'll be shocked it he's a one season wonder, I'll probably give up on watching football if I'm wrong about this one.

I would argue that Lukaku holds just as much potential that he does, and he is 19.

I would argue not. The few partisan Baggies fans I have spoke to about the two would agree.

He's very lazy, clearly talented but often disinterested which is a worrying sign in a 19 year old. Benteke isn't without fault, but I'd put money on him having the better career.

I would argue not. The few partisan Baggies fans I have spoke to about the two would agree.

He's very lazy, clearly talented but often disinterested which is a worrying sign in a 19 year old. Benteke isn't without fault, but I'd put money on him having the better career.

Sounds like Delfouneso.

I know its bad. I know we're all hurting. but can we just enjoy the fact that we've actually got a decent striker again after all this time, misplaced hope and false dawns. 

imo we should all be praying to all and any god/s and entities,touching as many lucky inanimate objects as we can find and throwing as much as we can find down the wishing well in the hope he doesnt get injured rather than getting down about the fact that he wont end his career here.

It's not nailed on that he would go. Maybe he's driven by greed, who knows but if he has any sense he would stay with a club that loves him for a few years, improve his first touch (which is why he'd be on the bench at Man City/ Utd imo), and be assured of a regular starting spot. I doubt his place in the Belgium squad would be in jeopardy wherever he plays tbh. Clubs may well be interested in him but contracts are contracts.

Â