Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sadly I think he will be gone in the summer. He is far too good for a team struggling to stay in the league.

He is a really good striker who excel in a better team and I'm sure the likes of Arsenal and Spurs will be lining up moves for him come July. Just depends if we get £10m (relegated) or £20m (survival) for him.

good goal and played well but please Christian will you stay forward when we are defending a corner because your defending is crap

Indeed, it's amazing how good he is in the opposition box when attacking a corner, compared to how terrible he is at defending one. Both times it's about winning the ball.

Indeed, it's amazing how good he is in the opposition box when attacking a corner, compared to how terrible he is at defending one. Both times it's about winning the ball.

When attacking a ball from a corner you only need to watch the ball.

When defending a corner, you need to watch your man and the ball.

If you're not used to doing that, especially at a high level, then that's really tough, because good attackers will squirm all over the place.

What a player. Anyone trying to claim he hasn't been an excellent signing is quite simply mad. 10 goals in 22 says it all really.

Imagine what he could do with a better midfield behind him.

lol-facepalm.gif

I know what you mean and I agree, but after the atrocious, simple, glaring misses against Southampton and Bradford that deserves a facepalm. :D

lol-facepalm.gif

I know what you mean and I agree, but after the atrocious, simple, glaring misses against Southampton and Bradford that deserves a facepalm. :D

I think that if he had a better midfield supplying him he would be getting a lot more chances, thus scoring more and we wouldnt even remember the misses against southampton and bradford (although they were bloody awful!)

I thought he was bloody fantastic yesterday! I've never joined the w@nk fest previously because I do like DB9 but this bloke looked a class apart from his team mates (N'Zogbia's first half cameo aside). That goal for a starters was just beautiful. But the way he ran at players and left them for dead was really impressive. He nearly took out their whole defense in the 2nd half in what would have been one of the best Premier League goals ever have it came off (which it nearly did). But his little flicks and shoulder drops, great stuff. Countless times he was in great positions where our players (Gabby, Holman etc) should have passed to him.

I said last week we need to PLAY THE BALL TO HIS FEET he's actually not all that good in the air for a big man. Balls bounce of his chest and go to the opposition (that happens at least 10 times every match) and his defense/offensive headers aren't what you'd expect. But the man is a footballer. Give the ball to his feet and things happen.

Edited by supernova26

I agree. He wins the ball almost every time, which is outstanding, but his first touch, lay offs and passing isn't of similar quality. I'd say give the man the ball at the edge of the box or whip a cross in. Don't make him the only outlet and link up option for every attack. I think N'Zogbia and Gabby can play an important in this, because they all offer different things to the predictable long ball.

What a screamer for the first goal!

When we're defending set pieces we need to find a new role for him!

Normally a striker just mans the front post area when defending corners. I think that is probably best for Benteke too.

He's 22 and getting absolutley schooled at the moment, pretty much conceding a goal or major chance every game.

Going the other way though he is truley fantastic. Biggest reason to hope we stay up is that we can build a team around him in the future. Best signing for a long long time for me

He is either amazing or useless never in between

He is very inconsistent that's what he needs to work on

Agree with this... Reminds me of john carew, Either unplayable or its like havin 10 men.

Saying that, I bet lerner is rubing his hands at the thought of making a couple of quid from the sale...

There are periods when he is just unplayable - first half against the Baggies and against Liverpool spring to mind.

Other times, things just don't seem to fall for him.

He is a young player who has played just over half a season in arguably the toughest league in the world.

He is still very raw but with incredible potential. He will have inconsistent showings as he develops. It's just a matter of him balancing out the difference between his best and his worst, which will come in time.

I just hope we can keep hold of him after this season.

lol-facepalm.gif

Yep amazing given he has the "best crosser in the league" playing behind him, he should be on 30 goals by now with that 'quality' around him LOL

Â