Christian Benteke

Kwan

Reading your first paragraph it seems it is directed at me which is fair enough. First of all, i don't play Football Manager and never have done on any games console. So that in itself disproves your theory right away if you take your first paragraph into consideration. Like most football fans i can read. I buy the tabloids to specifically read about football. Within those tabloids there is plentiful information concerning transfers and how protracted they can be.

Being lucky enough to own a television, allows me to actually watch MOTD, Football Focus and Jeff Sterling on Sky. What do those programmes cover? Well the last time i looked, they cover everything to do with football. The clue is in the title of the programme you see. They are actually very informative. They talk about how clubs are run, transfer windows, and they actually speak to players, managers and board members from time to time describing how their clubs are run and how difficult it can be to buy players. Yes they actually do that you know!! These programmes always have very high viewing figures and i would hazard a guess that everyone on VT has at sometime watched at least one of those programmes, or, at the very least, have been able to read the sports pages of a newspaper.

I would also hazard a guess that many fans have also played 'Football Manager' or whatever else is available to play pertaining to football on a games console. The difference being, that with the availability of the media to the masses, i would assume that those who indeed use a games console, are very much aware of what is real and what is not unless you are a phychopath.

And you accuse other people of being condescending?

Why did you think the post was aimed at you? Do you expect a new manager to come in and turn a shambles of a club around in less ten games? Did you expect the kid from belgium to have delivered more than he has done? If so, would you care to explain why,given your encyclopedic (albeit media based) knowledge of football?

This has become rather hilarious and I think Morph needs to get some fresh air.

My comment was a 'throw away' comment that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, and as Stevo pointed out, I said 'some' people have become warped by football video games, not every moaner that spends most of their posts on here complaining about the chairman, manager or players etc.

And you accuse other people of being condescending?

Why did you think the post was aimed at you? Do you expect a new manager to come in and turn a shambles of a club around in less ten games? Did you expect the kid from belgium to have delivered more than he has done? If so, would you care to explain why,given your encyclopedic (albeit media based) knowledge of football?

Who else would those comments be directed at? As far as i can see i have been the only poster who has asked for Lambert to be sacked and replaced by Redknapp. I have also been the most vocal in criticising Benteke and if it was a general comment i felt it was condscending to those who may be questioning Lambert's decisions and Benteke's ability.

If those comments were not directed at me in particular then i apologize for the asumption but the actual point of the debate i still stand by my opinion.

I buy the tabloids to specifically read about football. Within those tabloids there is plentiful information concerning transfers and how protracted they can be.

Credibility rating = 0

Tabloids are comics for adults.

• Like 1

Best game yet for us, did tire after around 75 mins but in the first half he lead the line brilliantly his hold up play and touch were top drawer, he also won pretty much everything in the air. Also, great assist for Gabby they looked a good pair at times today.

the kid is looking a real prospect. his touch is poor, and he makes bad decisions at times, but christ he's a handful for the opposition

as someone mentioned during the week, i think bent playing off him as opposed to vice versa could really do the trick. assuming bent ever gets back into the team

the kid is looking a real prospect. his touch is poor, and he makes bad decisions at times, but christ he's a handful for the opposition

as someone mentioned during the week, i think bent playing off him as opposed to vice versa could really do the trick. assuming bent ever gets back into the team

Most of his touches today, especially in the first half, certainly were not poor. I also don't get the fascination with Bent playing off of him given Bent isn't the type to play off anyone.

Also think it would be silly to change anything up top given that the Benteke Gabby pairing has been responsible for 4 goals in the last two games.

Â