Christian Benteke

Kwan

Daily star saying Arsenal want Dzeko..why not Tekkers?if true of course

because i doubt it is true. Just a news paper filling gaps

Arsenal are waiting for a ~top10 striker to become available and will very likely wont be signing anyone else upfront. Benteke costs 32.5m which is extremely expensive for a mostly backup striker which doesnt add enough of a title equity shift to make it worthwhile. It stops them in the future from buying a worldclass striker as you cant keep spending 30m+ on strikers year after year. Theyve got good enough backup to put them over the line against majority of teams when giroud is injured/rotation so benteke isnt worth it to them.

Edited by gharperr

Surely a medical would of been done by now0

Last I read it would be taking place this evening.

Where did you read that?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/592368/Christian-Benteke-Liverpool-medical-Man-United-Transfer-News-Gossip

I'm sure they said the evening when I read it earlier, but yeah two-day medical starting this afternoon.. It's on SkySports and BBC as well but this is where I read it first. 

Liverpool fans really don't seem to rate him do they. :(

P****s

once he starts scoring for them they will be saying they made him what he is

Exactly this.

Plus, you'd think Liverpool fans would remember their own games. benteke has torn them apart, scoring all types of goals, a couple of times.

Yet he's still just a "target man" to them.

Morons.

I wish him luck but I think he deserves a better move that going to Liverplop, he doesn't really owe Villa anything plus he's give us some good memories and he hasn't come out and used the 'L' word like a certain Mr. Wealth

once he starts scoring for them they will be saying they made him what he is

It's a little harder to make that claim when you've paid £32.5m for the player in the first place :) I'm sure some will try.

Â