Christian Benteke

Kwan

If for whatever reason he ends up staying then that would be excellent news, and maybe next summer we get a lot of bargaining power to sell to the highest bidder, as the £32.5 mill clause will remain even though he has 1 year left.

There's nothing wrong with twitter as a social media vehicle. But as a news outlet it's **** useless.

In a click bait society, there is very little to believe on all social media nowadays.

You just have to realise how much money changes hands through advertisement revenue nowadays if you have a lot of clicks.  Making up a load of bullshit stories to pull your interest is the simplest form for them to pad up their revenue.

Benteke should be made to stay. The guy is under contract, end of.

A contract that contains a release clause meaning it would be out of our hands if anybody bid that amount.

But John Henry openly admits that Liverpool just kind of ignored Arsenal's bid that triggered Suarez's clause.

Part of our appeal at our current stage is surely that we can offer players ( like Gueye ) a chance to prove themselves here for 2/3 years wiht the proviso if then a top 4 club comes in for them, we arrange a fair deal to allow them to move on. 

• Like 1

Benteke should be made to stay. The guy is under contract, end of.

A contract that contains a release clause meaning it would be out of our hands if anybody bid that amount.

But John Henry openly admits that Liverpool just kind of ignored Arsenal's bid that triggered Suarez's clause.

Part of our appeal at our current stage is surely that we can offer players ( like Gueye ) a chance to prove themselves here for 2/3 years wiht the proviso if then a top 4 club comes in for them, we arrange a fair deal to allow them to move on. 

Yep, and given our position (season after season relegation fodder) I have no problem with people clambering to prove it through us on the big stage to move on to bigger things.  That is the best form of motivation we can hope for at the minute, until we re-establish ourselves as a performing team.

Don't care - no one player is bigger than this club - never has never will - we've survived before (and football does exist outside of the premier league) the only reason teams want to get to the PL is the money - not to win the title - because it's nigh on impossible with the Sky Teams. People say we go down we will never come back up (or words to that effect) - well we will - if Woplves, Baggies, Man City, Newcastle can do it so can we.

Get rid and take the FULL amount (less the amount to give Genk). 

I'm sure you will all be around doing what you do now - (writing all sorts of crap) on here regardless of where we are - I know I will.

Invest for the future and get rid of an unhappy player whose agent had that clause put in with agreement - so live with it Mr Christian and don't dare start a Mutiny!

• Like 1

Yeah but Delph was going. It wasn't like it was all made up. Anyway Kristoff Terreur actually has credibility. Believe what you want.

Who exactly is he respected by to give him credibility?

Oh I dunno maybe most Belgian players you've heard off and their agents.

If he stays great. I would be ecstatic. But don't expect to spend any money on the likes of Praet, Chery, Amavi etc.

The guy is on the cusp of being a world class striker and has spent the last 3 years fighting relegation. I would want to leave if I was him.

• Like 2

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9868839/christian-benteke-to-liverpool-style-issues-make-it-a-163325m-gamble

Shocking journalism once again

Loving all this twitter stuff,

Has his heart set on Liverpool..based on what exactly lmao what bullshit

Based on a very respected Belgian journalist who obviously has very good links to the Belgian players including Benteke and his agent.
Off twitter?
Lots of people use Twitter I hear. Not just kids pretending to be itk. He's as good as gone. Let's move on.

Did you learn nothing from the Delph incident! ;)

Liverpool still haven't made a bid. Let's see if they value Benteke at £32.5m. They've got the money. I think it'll be a bad move for Benteke as I can see Rodgers going by October if they have a bad start. Their squad will have loads of strikers and a certain Balotelli who won't like being 3/4 choice striker. Benteke will be their 4th striker this summer just showing Rodgers is just buying players for fun. Hopefully Sherwood can get into him in training and get him to hang on for a CL club as Liverpool at present aren't good enough.

Re Delph. It wasn't like it was all made up and a media conspiracy. The guy was going and changed his mind. Now I was convinced he was staying at first.

Benteke may turn around and go no thanks but apparently he had his head turned by Liverpool a while ago now.

Nothing would make me happier for him to stay and sign a new contract. Nothing.

People using the Delph situation as a reason to 'never believe anything until it's confirmed by AVFC', need to remember/ realise that the Delph situation was pretty abnormal. Sherwood has basically confirmed that Man City bid for him, and the majority of media outlets reported that Delph was joining them. There were even instances, presumably, of Manchester reporters saying they would get to interview him later that day. Him pulling out shouldn't be taken as a reason to refute all rumours.

Obviously Twitter bullshit is Twitter bullshit, but there are respected journalists with sources active on Twitter too.

If Terruer (sp?) has said he wants to go to Liverpool, then I would be inclined to believe it.... reluctantly!

• Like 3

As a matter of fact, I am even wondering if one angle is that we are already in fact spending Benteke money, and have some type of gentlemans agreement with Pool that transfer won't be made public until we complete most/all our dealings. Highly unlikely but just a thought I had. lol

Yeah but Delph was going. It wasn't like it was all made up. Anyway Kristoff Terreur actually has credibility. Believe what you want.

Who exactly is he respected by to give him credibility?

He actually is a journalist for HLN, a newspaper for Belgium. He is in direct contact with Benteke's agent, in fact when CB had done his Achilles tendon he was the first to report it before anyone at the club. If he is reporting that Benteke deal is nearly done and wants to go to  Liverpool, then I'd believe that is what Kismet is telling him.

As a matter of fact, I am even wondering if one angle is that we are already in fact spending Benteke money, and have some type of gentlemans agreement with Pool that transfer won't be made public until we complete most/all our dealings. Highly unlikely but just a thought I had. lol

'Gentlemans agreement' ....with Liverpool........

• Like 1

Â