Christian Benteke

Kwan

But the benteke replacement should be a fairly big money signing. I don't think we can make that without him leaving first.

Why wouldn't i be surprised with Lerner pocketing half the money and us just signing Rickie Lambert as a stop gap

It wouldn't be a massive surprise, simply because of the way Lerner has ran the club in recent years. However, with Fox seemingly calling the shots now, I can't see him not giving us most of the Benteke money for new signings.

Fox has mentioned Southampton previously, and how they're run, and we should be aiming to emulate that. Reinvesting the Benteke money into new players, who will hopefully perform well enough to either improve us or be sold for double/triple the money in a few seasons, is what we should be doing.

It's going to happen so we need to get it done. We cannot head into the season with Benteke half out the door and us caught in limbo. Get the deal done, and move on with preparation for making next season less shit.

I agree with the general point but how much if any do Villa compromise on price in order to get it done early? If someone won't pay the asking price then I really would keep him. The danger is someone offers the asking price two days before the window shuts. It's a dangerous situation.

Maybe you tell him "if you're not gone with two weeks left in the window then you're not going at all".

I think if we try to strong arm him he'll throw his toys out of the pram and we end up with no player and no money. We'll end up compromising if he's not gone by August IMO. If someone comes within spitting distance of the money we want we'll do it for the sake of getting it done and moving on with our own improvements.

Of course the second he leaves every replacement gets 30% shoved on the price, which'll **** us over.

mate of mine said theres alot of talk of manure coming in for him but a deal that includes cash n players

looked all over the net and cant find anywhere that this deal is mentioned but just telling you what i have been told

personaly i call ' bull s*** '

15 mill..evans valencia...and chicarito on loan

mate of mine said theres alot of talk of manure coming in for him but a deal that includes cash n players

looked all over the net and cant find anywhere that this deal is mentioned but just telling you what i have been told

Id take that deal but its def bs as u say

We can have three Man U players on loan? Awesome.

So Sherwood could push it and also get Januzaj. 

Edit: ambiguous post as Villan81 could have meant evans and valencia on permanent and only chicarito on loan.

Edited by Fab

said its from someone who always gets manure related transfers right..yet i cant find anything

chances of gettin cash..2 players on long term deals aswell as a loan is slim

We can have three Man U players on loan? Awesome.

So Sherwood could push it and also get Januzaj.

no just chicarito on loan

evans valencia perm

That values Evans and Valencia at £17.25m. I'd be astounded and mortified with that deal.

Well rumours have it they value Evans at 10m...

It's a very big no from me. Give us te money we want and let us buy our own players.

• Like 1

As we said to Liverpool £32.5 cash. We do not want any over priced cast off from Old Trafford and I would like to think that Delph's decision might result in a change of heart from Benteke on leaving in any case (he can just use Fab's statement again). 

• Like 2

It's going to happen so we need to get it done. We cannot head into the season with Benteke half out the door and us caught in limbo. Get the deal done, and move on with preparation for making next season less shit.

I agree with the general point but how much if any do Villa compromise on price in order to get it done early? If someone won't pay the asking price then I really would keep him. The danger is someone offers the asking price two days before the window shuts. It's a dangerous situation.

Maybe you tell him "if you're not gone with two weeks left in the window then you're not going at all".

Trouble is you cant make a stance like that as he has a release clause, if it is met then we have to accept even if its 5 minutes before deadline.

We just have to prepare by perhaps loaning someone, I hate loans but it would make sense in this scenario.

Maybe we should have a decent backup anyway in case of injury if not a transfer, cant rely on Kozak this year and although Gabby can do a job he wont score many.

Â