Christian Benteke

Kwan

I don't think there is any chance at all Liverpool will sign Benteke. If they wanted a big target man they would have kept Carrol!

It would be a bit of a change in approach from Rodgers but their interest in Benteke is clearly genuine.

Yes but he's far far superior on the ground to Carroll, 

Seems it but doesn't make sense. Makes you wonder how much say Rodgers is having in his signings and maybe even how long he will be in the job.

FSG control the transfer strategy, Rodgers only has an input. But in this case, the reports suggest that it is in fact Rodgers who is the long-term admirer of Benteke and is driving the pursuit.

Yes but he's far far superior on the ground to Carroll,

Indeed but Benteke still constitutes a target-man and will necessite an altering of Liverpool's current system to accommodate him one would think.

Seems Bacca is going to Milan. Bad news for us

Is he ITSOTP? Milan are a disgrace at the moment and Galliani is treating their fans like dirt. They've supposedly 'signed' Jackson Martinez and Kondogbia for big money deals only for them to miss out. Sully Muntari resigning will be Milan's biggest move this summer.

I follow Sevilla a lot and I can tell you Bacca isn't even as good as Benteke. Bacca puts the ball in the net but he has had a superb supporting cast at Sevilla with the likes of Reyes and Banega.

Bacca would rarely create something himself like Benteke can and is nowhere near his level in the air. 

29 aswell so no resale value.

I actually think Rondon would be a better pick up for Liverpool of the two. Younger, very good in the air (as seen with his winner v Colombia) and had a good goalscoring record for Malaga.

Think Zenit only want 15m for him aswell. In an ideal world if we get taken over and sell Benteke I'd love to see us go in for him.

I follow Sevilla a lot and I can tell you Bacca isn't even as good as Benteke. Bacca puts the ball in the net but he has had a superb supporting cast at Sevilla with the likes of Reyes and Banega.

Bacca would rarely create something himself like Benteke can and is nowhere near his level in the air.

Works much harder than Benteke and has better movement. I think he would be brilliant at Liverpool but can't see it for reasons specified already

Andi Weimann is better than Borini. I've never understood why Liverpool (or I guess Rodgers particularly) seem to think he has any sort of talent that would make him stand out.

You've got four strikers, one's held together with toothpaste and bogeys, one's shit, one's old and one's mental - now have you got the money or not? No? Well piss off then. 

Borni /Balotelli and Lambert for life of me no idea why they brought any of them three

Borini was good for Sunderland one of their best players and became a fans favourite, and the only reason they didn't sign was because he priced himself out of a move with his wage demands, not that I think we should sign him. Like Weimann he's had one good season, but without looking I suspect Weimann has had a lot more chances than Borini.

As for Balotelli I've always thought him slightly overrated but ability wise he's easily good enough for us despite it not working out for him at LIverpool.

I think Borini is a lot better than he's shown since his move to Liverpool. I remember that brief loan spell he had at Swansea where he looked quality. He also seemed capable enough in terms of close-control and link-up play the few times I saw him at Roma. At Sunderland he did well enough given that they were (and still are) a low scoring team and he was played on the wing.

I'd be content with him to be included in the Benteke deal if he was valued modestly. Although tomorrow's Sun are saying he is set to join West Ham for £8m, which he isn't currently worth. I definitely don't want Lambert included - a total wash up.

Edited by Isa

He barely played as a striker at Sunderland. He was on the left wing and by that I mean wing in a flat midfield four/five, not a narrow 'wide forward' as the likes of Weimann were mostly played here.

Edited by Isa

I'd take Lambert, but not if it involved sending Benteke the other way. Benteke, I very much doubt Lambert enjoys sitting on the bench and will probably want to potentially get his England career back on track before the Euros. Could work out for us if we get him for cheap. Lambert, Agbonlahor, and Kozak as our main 4 strikers isn't bad. 

He barely played as a striker at Sunderland. He was on the left wing and by that I mean wing in a flat midfield four/five, not a narrow 'wide forward' as the likes of Weimann were mostly played here.

10 goals, 3 assists in his best ever season in the premier league.

He's hardly the answer.

Just to give a comparison, Weimann's best ever season saw him get 12 goals and 5 assists.

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1

Â