Christian Benteke

Kwan

It makes me laugh people on here saying Liverpool can **** off with their derisory offer... I'm sure they never expected to have the offer accepted, but you have to test the water, it makes business sense... Man city have done the same with them over sterling. Hell when you buy a house you don't go straight in at the value the seller wants you try to haggle.

It makes me laugh people on here saying Liverpool can **** off with their derisory offer... I'm sure they never expected to have the offer accepted, but you have to test the water, it makes business sense... Man city have done the same with them over sterling. Hell when you buy a house you don't go straight in at the value the seller wants you try to haggle.

Agreed but you also want to be taken seriously.

I am bored of reading all this rubbish in the papers about benteke, it's been going on since the first season he played for us and in all that time has anyone even mad a bid for him? Spurs might have a couple of years ago and Liverpool might do now but for all the talk in the paper you would think a bid a day was coming in for him.

I would love him to stay but realistically I think he is too good for is at the moment and if he is going to go it needs to be very soon and for the right money not going cheap so we have time and plenty of money to replace him.

I feel slightly optimistic about the future but I don't see the Beast being part of it

not realy no because if its been stated any club would have to match the clause then surely you would know 22-23 what ever below 32.5 would be rejected.2 years left on his contract we dont have to sell

how serious are the being and what impression are they giving to Benteke

The Times claims "Liverpool are still keen on Aston Villa forward Christian Benteke but will only step up their pursuit of the 24-year-old if Aston Villa are willing to compromise on their £32.5m asking price". They are happy to throw money around to buy other players but think they can bully us into accepting a bid that is lower than his worth to us! :angry:  Just tell them the price is £32.5m and not a penny less and why not add that you suspect the player would not see a move to beaten FA Cup semi-finalists as a step up in any case? 

The Times claims "Liverpool are still keen on Aston Villa forward Christian Benteke but will only step up their pursuit of the 24-year-old if Aston Villa are willing to compromise on their £32.5m asking price". They are happy to throw money around to buy other players but think they can bully us into accepting a bid that is lower than his worth to us! :angry:  Just tell them the price is £32.5m and not a penny less and why not add that you suspect the player would not see a move to beaten FA Cup semi-finalists as a step up in any case? 

cool so we don't compromise and they don't step up their pursuit
  • Like 2

Liverpool can do one

The price is 32.5 mill pay up or fock off

I do not see them budging on Sterling's asking price why should we

They paid 20 mill for Downing the least i'd expect for Benteke is 32.5

• Like 2

Haha. Why would we put a release fee in, and then not stick to it the first time our resolve has been tested. Why is it Liverpool seem more than happy to splash their cash around to all and sundry, apart from when it comes to our players when they look to get them on the cheap (see Barry), will they ever learn? Stump up the cash or jog on.

Also to add, why do they always do their transfer dealing through the press, it is really disrespectful. Since a week or two before the cup final all we have heard is how Liverpool want Benteke and they are going to come in for him this summer but they don't want to pay the release fee. Well it has been over a month now and they still haven't bid anything. If I were Benteke I would be wondering if they were that serious about signing him?

• Like 1

We should offer to swap Benteke for Stirling, and then for us to sell Stirling immediately to either Man City or who ever, everbody wins.

As Liverpool wouldn't have to give QPR the 25% sell on fee, they'de be effectively be getting £41 million for Stirling. If we sold Stirling to MC for £37.5m, then we'd be effectively getting that for Benteke. MC would be quids in, as they would be paying less than if they purchased direct from LFC. Only people who would be out of pocket would be QPR - and balls to them.

I know it doesn't work like that, but it's a neat solution where all parties win.

Edited by EastEndVillan
  • Like 1

We should offer to swap Benteke for Stirling, and then for us to sell Stirling immediately to either Man City or who ever, everbody wins.

As Liverpool wouldn't have to give QPR the 25% sell on fee, they'de be effectively be getting £41 million for Stirling. If we sold Stirling to MC for £37.5m, then we'd be effectively getting that for Benteke. MC would be quids in, as they would be paying less than if they purchased direct from LFC. Only people who would be out of pocket would be QPR - and balls to them.

I know it doesn't work like that, but it's a neat solution where all parties win.

That's some NHL stuff right there. In theory it could work but we'd obviously have to have an agreement with both Stirling and Man City that we agree to sell him to them and for what price.

Shame this stuff doesn't workout that way. Good idea though!

"Liverpool are still keen on Aston Villa forward Christian Benteke but will only step up their pursuit of the 24-year-old if Aston Villa are willing to compromise on their £32.5m asking price"

Well we aren't willing, so **** off.

...or we could just say we wont deal with you dirty bottom feeders!

My Liverpool fan friend is adamant that 25m plus Lambert has been accepted. He has no sources, so I'm guessing he's just reading the Liverpool forums.

That would mean they value a 32 year old striker they don't want at 7.5m. I hope Villa ain't stupid about that. For 32m we can invest well, we don't want their overvalued cast offs thank you.

My Liverpool fan friend is adamant that 25m plus Lambert has been accepted. He has no sources, so I'm guessing he's just reading the Liverpool forums.

That would mean they value a 32 year old striker they don't want at 7.5m. I hope Villa ain't stupid about that. For 32m we can invest well, we don't want their overvalued cast offs thank you.

Firstly Benteke has been great for us and I believe if he were to stay he would carry on doing a good job.

A few things that bother me though. I don't think he wants to be at the club, this can't be good for club or player. He also started to get found out a bit towards the end of last season,many clubs just doubled up on him. When they did this we hardly saw him, so for him to stay and be useful we would really need to buy quality around him to so they could excel while he got heavily marked or for new threads to worry clubs and then let Benteke get more space. 

So I don't want to lose him but if he doesn't want to be here I would take around 30 Million for him and hopefully we can start to rebuild. I'd actually probably be ok with a deal around 27m with say Borini, but I really have no interested in having Lambert in our side. 

Â