Christian Benteke

Kwan

Maybe he aint as good as we think he is.

I think you have to build the team up to get the best out of him, otherwise he's anonymous except for when he gets given offside. He's had several donkey spells with us, so I can see why other teams may balk at the asking price. Perhaps offering him a big new contract might force a team to pay the release clause fee.

LOL @ people slagging off Benteke again based on one Belgium friendly

It wasn't a friendly. It was a important qualifier.

Belgium are just so underwhelming. Not number 2 in the world.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Maybe he aint as good as we think he is.

Well he has been pretty damn good for us, however, there comes a point where you need convert serious potential into a finished product who delivers consistently. That's one thing I'll question about Benteke. His record here is terrific, but it remains to be seen whether he could do it for a top club. I'd question whether his consistency is quite there, he's no long a prospect any more. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Our whole team revolves around him

At Belgium he's surrounded by other good individual players who will not look to pass to him first time and will be more greedy

If he goes to any club this summer i hope they build their team around him otherwise he will flop

Edited by AshVilla

Anyone else pleased about this? :)

If Belgium can't set 'em up for him 'oo can? Maybe he will lose his tendency to blame his Villa teammates a bit.

If he were scoring hat tricks for Belgium we'd have less chance of keeping him. Let him score hat tricks for Aston Villa next season instead.

• Like 2

He doesn't want to stay anyway, so no I'm not pleased about that performance. A great performance would have added to his value, now we'll be lucky to get the 32.5 mil

We do not have to sell if the release clause is not met. We will not get any more than the release clause.

No matter about the performances, that fee is set.

• Like 1

LOL @ people slagging off Benteke again based on one Belgium friendly

It wasn't a friendly. It was a important qualifier.

Belgium are just so underwhelming. Not number 2 in the world.

Did anyone really take that seriously though? They haven't achieved anything. 

He is very similar to John Carew, I had the same thoughts about him...on good days be singing his name but on his lazy days so frustrating.

As someone said just a notch better than Carew, but a very small notch.

• Like 1

You have to build the team around him for him to have an impact. That seriously limits the teams interested in him. Teams with 32m to spend already have players the team is built around.

• Like 1

He is very similar to John Carew, I had the same thoughts about him...on good days be singing his name but on his lazy days so frustrating.

He's clearly more consistent than Carew - more of a professional and career driven. Not as lovable though.

• Like 2

He's clearly more consistent than Carew - more of a professional and career driven. Not as lovable though.

Yep, agree with this. He'll score some brilliant goals with a mixture of brute force, athleticism and sublime skills, and will probably go on to bigger and better things than Carew, but I don't see the Villa Park faithful singing songs about him years and years after he left.

He scored 1 in 2 in the most dire Villa side i've ever seen.

Imagine him getting service from the likes of Fabregas and Hazard.

You mean like the service he received from him against Wales?  ;)

• Like 1

Â