Christian Benteke

Kwan

I really cannot see anyone meeting the release clause. And I also do not think we will sell for less.

That's exactly the way I see it.

The release clause could well be our pocket ace IMO. We have absolutely no reason to sell below that, and even if bids come in for less we just point Christian and his agent towards the clause in the contract they agreed to a few years back. If he wants a move to a bigger club I'm not sure causing ANOTHER ruckus plays to his favour in the slightest, especially in a case as black and white as "If someone bids 32.5m you can go, if they don't you can't"

• Like 1

I think if he wants to leave then even with the release clause its going to be hard to keep him and why would we want to keep an unhappy player anyway. 

Shades of Dwight Yorke? 

I really cannot see anyone meeting the release clause. And I also do not think we will sell for less.

I hope you are right on both counts. 

If Mourinho wants Benteke 32.5 mil isn't going to stop them.

It's the " IF" bit, that's the operative word......my deductions tell me he doesn't. Edited by TRO

I think he will sign for chelsea

They paid the same amount for Costa as they would have to pay for Benteke. I can't see it myself.

Costa was an unknown quantity in the Premier League - Benteke isn't, so I think it's fair enough.

Dembélé and Townsend are good players but I'd want them plus the full £32M.

Why would spurs do that when the 32.5m would activate the release clause?

That post was in reply to a suggestion that we should accept £20M plus Dembélé and Townsend. If Tottenham want to fob us of with players that they don't want then so be it, but they still have to meet the release clause. If they meet the release clause without offering the players then fair enough. All I'm saying is that I'd want £32M from them.

They only have to meet the release clause. Why on earth would they give us two players for nothing? Why don't you understand this?

Why can't you understand that I'm not saying that if Tottenham offer us £32M and activate the release clause, we should refuse the bid and insist they give us an extra two players. I'm saying if they offer us £20M and a few players we should reject the bid and tell them that the release clause is £32M if they then want to offer us players too then that's up to them.

They paid the same amount for Costa as they would have to pay for Benteke. I can't see it myself.

Didn't they also pay a similar amount for Cuadrado (sp?), who wasn't exactly the first name on their team sheet.

If Mourinho wants a player (and we have no reason to assume he does or doesn't want Benteke), then I'm sure Abramovich will pay what is required, whether it's overpriced or not.

Didn't they also pay a similar amount for Cuadrado (sp?), who wasn't exactly the first name on their team sheet.

If Mourinho wants a player (and we have no reason to assume he does or doesn't want Benteke), then I'm sure Abramovich will pay what is required, whether it's overpriced or not.

If it comes down to Falcao or Benteke i'm pretty sure they'll go with Falcao simply because he'll be far cheaper.

Not entirely true Chelsea's net spending is quite low what they have done brilliantly is sell on players for big fee's to rebuild the squad.They sold Andres Schurrle to fund most of the Cuadrado signing.

The talk of them signing Falcao makes Benteke going there look a non starter to me 

I imagine a link up between Hazard and Tekkers, alongside the other world class players Chelsea have got, would lead them to another league title. Lukaku doesn't play a la Drogba, Benteke does, and I think Mourinho has admired him since that game at the Bridge where he absolutely dominated them.

That post was in reply to a suggestion that we should accept £20M plus Dembélé and Townsend. If Tottenham want to fob us of with players that they don't want then so be it, but they still have to meet the release clause. If they meet the release clause without offering the players then fair enough. All I'm saying is that I'd want £32M from them.

They only have to meet the release clause. Why on earth would they give us two players for nothing? Why don't you understand this?

Why can't you understand that I'm not saying that if Tottenham offer us £32M and activate the release clause, we should refuse the bid and insist they give us an extra two players. I'm saying if they offer us £20M and a few players we should reject the bid and tell them that the release clause is £32M if they then want to offer us players too then that's up to them.

Ok, Useless - I give up.

What AntrimBlack is saying is that once they bid 32 million.. we cant refuse it..... they have activated a clause where they can automatically speak to him.. so effectively.. a fee is agreed. So there is no point in them offering players..

• Like 2

If it comes down to Falcao or Benteke i'm pretty sure they'll go with Falcao simply because he'll be far cheaper.

Isnt he on 350k a week

Dont see what Jose sees in him that will add to his squad, he be another Torres 

What AntrimBlack is saying is that once they bid 32 million.. we cant refuse it..... they have activated a clause where they can automatically speak to him.. so effectively.. a fee is agreed. So there is no point in them offering players..

How many more times do I have to say the same thing? I wouldn't accept a bid of £20M plus players. If they activated the release clause then fair enough. I'm not saying we somehow reject it and demand that they offer us an extra two players. The idea of taking players in exchange from them isn't mine. I've already said that I think that's a bad idea.

Â