Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'd just like to thank the Media for doing it's utmost best in disrupting our side in the run up to today's cup final

Trying to sell the few good players we have from underneath us in the run up to the game worked a treat

Can't wait to hear the amount of clubs that will now bid for Benteke now the final has run its course

If you want him pay the release clause otherwise don't waste our time

Our manager didn't really help on that matter, did he?

$75k a week?

We should be offering him $150. Bent got that and Bent was shit. 

bent wasn't even on 75k was he?

Austin doesn't have benteke's all round game and his finishing isn't as good as benteke's but it is good, i don't think he's an adequate replacement in my opinion

I don't think we will, or even should, be looking for a like-for-like replacement to be honest

Offered a new deal apparently. Can't see him staying myself.

Sauce?

Just in a few papers he will be offered £80k pw

His agent was just on SSN. He wants to play in Europe either competition and wants to stay in England.

He's off and it's going to be Liverpool.

I wonder if Europa league will actually make any difference to him?

It's such a second rate competition. 

BENTEKE DETERMINED: @BentekeChris20 says Villa must come back stronger. His views: http://bit.ly/1AF11mM  #AVFC pic.twitter.com/kKC6jZFJnl

Villa must have known this was coming and had this ready to tweet when it did.

$75k a week?

We should be offering him $150. Bent got that and Bent was shit.

bent wasn't even on 75k was he?

Austin doesn't have benteke's all round game and his finishing isn't as good as benteke's but it is good, i don't think he's an adequate replacement in my opinion

I don't think we will, or even should, be looking for a like-for-like replacement to be honest

Why on earth not? He's a wonderful player and he fits our system but we won't get a like-for-like replacement, no chance

His agent is in a win-win situation here. No matter what this Summer he is going to get a fee for his services whether it be for a new contract here or elsewhere.

Agreed , same as last time around really.

THIS season alone has not warranted a move to Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal. Let's remember, as many good games he had he also had the bad ones. And some were reeeeeally bad. At one point, he was even benched!

Christian, stay with us one more season, keep your form up and earn a move to atletico/borussia/real madrid. Pretty please? In the meantime, I am sure the club will be happy to pay you twice as much as you get now...

He's scored 1 in 2 in a really shit team for the most part, playing negative football, where he had quite a big injury to recover from too. 5oish goals in 100ish game is an outstanding return. Easily good enough for the top sides IMO. Put Costa, Aguero, etc in this side and they would struggle to hit that mark.

• Like 1

If we get the reported £30m+ I'd let him go.

We could get 3/4 quality players with the money and be a better team as a result.

Currently, if Benteke isn't on form, we offer little or no threat as we saw on Saturday

Edited by benireduk
  • Like 1

Why on earth not? He's a wonderful player and he fits our system but we won't get a like-for-like replacement, no chance

Specifically for the reason you've just given, we won't be able to find a like for like, so we're better off finding someone who can be useful in a different way

Hopefully he'll remember how we stuck by him through his injury and he will show a little bit of loyalty to us.

We were hardly going to release him now were we

He's scored 1 in 2 in a really shit team for the most part, playing negative football, where he had quite a big injury to recover from too. 5oish goals in 100ish game is an outstanding return. Easily good enough for the top sides IMO. Put Costa, Aguero, etc in this side and they would struggle to hit that mark.

Aguero and Costa? I doubt they would struggle

Liverpool would be a stepping stone for Benteke

Â