Christian Benteke

Kwan

Thinking bout and it and re reading the Sherwood comments there is a little bit of the Barry - MON  saga here.He has basically said right there is a release clause you meet it we can't stop him...if you don't well **** off as we won't sell.

This leaking  leading up to the final is again shows how classless Liverpool are.Sterling's agent accused them of same thing ,leaking the contract details to pressure him to sign.Bunch of assholes.

• Like 1

Thinking bout and it and re reading the Sherwood comments there is a little bit of the Barry - MON  saga here.He has basically said right there is a release clause you meet it we can't stop him...if you don't well **** off as we won't sell.

This leaking  leading up to the final is again shows how classless Liverpool are.Sterling's agent accused them of same thing ,leaking the contract details to pressure him to sign.Bunch of assholes.

Interesting you bring the infamous Barry saga up, this could pan out like that.

In the end we did Barry a favour by holding onto him for another year as Man. City was a far better move for him as Liverpool were on the decline with the Hicks/Gillett infighting.

Sometimes it shows staying another year isn't the end of the world, he scores another 20 goals next seaon and 5-6 in the euros and he'll have better clubs than Liverpool to choose from next summer.

This was always going to be the case. We can't be too disheartned, it happens to every club. It's absolutley imperative we use the money properly, that is the one worry. We have relied far too much on Benteke, do we try and replace him with a similar type of player or rebuild our side?

Hopefully he goes abroad, it would be awful to see him line up against us next season. Can't blame the lad when he goes, he has been brilliant for us when fit, god knows how good he could be in a decent side.

Edited by VillaAlex

A part of me thought he'd stay. I don't know why.

I hope he goes Spain, Italy or Germany! I can't stand the idea of seeing him playing against us next season.

This is Yorke Mk2

We knew he could go I just don't like the way it has been played out , other big story tonight is Liverpool wanting Clyne ..quel surprise that their interest in a player has leaked out again.

• Like 1

A part of me thought he'd stay. I don't know why.

I hope he goes Spain, Italy or Germany! I can't stand the idea of seeing him playing against us next season.

This is Yorke Mk2

I will be honest, I didn't see the Yorke transfer coming. When he said he wanted to leave the way he did that hurt. I knew 6 months after signing Benteke he wouldn't be here long. It's only his injury last year why he stayed so long.

• Like 1

Let's just assume that Liverpool meet the release clause - what's to stop another club from coming in and bidding £33m and getting him? Because I just can't believe that Liverpool are the biggest club after him - he's better than them.

Edited by Mantis

Let's just assume that Liverpool meet the release clause - what's to stop another club from coming in and bidding £33m and getting him? Because I just can't believe that Liverpool are the biggest club after him - he's better than them.

Why would they bid £33 million? They only have to bid £32.5 million. If it's a bigger team, then surly he will go there anyway, especially if he reads idiot LFC fans views on him.

Thats what I am hoping will happen , as I said earlier Chelsea for example gazumped them for Willam and Salah.Liverpool where after Mkhitaryan and he ended up at Dortmund so I doubt they are only ones interested and if a champs league club comes in that could be the difference

Still think Chelsea and United could have a say in England.Then abroad perhaps Athetico Madrid .

That makes no sense. The point of the buyout clause is that all offers over x amount must be accepted. So bidding more over x than the others gives you no further leverage.

If he does go for the rumoured price, and it's looking likely right now, looking at it rationally I think we've done well out of this deal. Getting £32.5m out of a £7m purchase shouldn't be sniffed at. We could possibly get more if that clause wasn't in there but probably not a massive amount more. The key for me is how that money is spent, presuming all of it is reinvested.

Even though it had to happen one day, it'll still be sad to see him go because he's simply a level above everyone else - he's an elite footballer who's good enough to be playing in any squad in the world and could be a starter for all but a handful of clubs. It's been amazing to have him here either way.

Why would they bid £33 million? They only have to bid £32.5 million. If it's a bigger team, then surly he will go there anyway, especially if he reads idiot LFC fans views on him.

Just to be absolutely sure they get him.

32.5 million what an absolute joke, now all the stories make sense. Why is Sherwood mentioning a buy out clause in public though? Seems daft.

Anyone but Liverpool please.

Do you not think any interested clubs already knew?

Benteke was always going to leave, he's far too good for a team that's finished near the bottom for 4 consecutive seasons.

Let's get as much as we can and make ourselves stronger.

I agree but he could have waited a few days... after we won the cup.. now its a distraction. Bad timing.

Can't help but think how important Winning the fa cup is. Winning trophies will increase Sherwoods reputation.. and the clubs. Making it more appealing .. plus European football. England don't see it as a big deal but not every player can be in the champions league. Plus 30million plus to spend on the back of it... could build a great squad.

Lose..we lose all that.. and its a tough summer bringing in lesser players..doom and gloom etc.

Massive game.

I'm okay with him leaving. At least there wont be no forcing a move. Just go abroad Christian.

Edited by KSV

Â