Christian Benteke

Kwan

He has really matured (like a fine cheese) this season. Benteke gave the impression last season that he did not want to be here but is totally different now, I think he has fallen in love with the club:D

Why?

Quite frankly I doubt he really gives a shit about Villa and will be looking to move again come the summer. Harsh reality but that's just footballers.

He has really matured (like a fine cheese) this season. Benteke gave the impression last season that he did not want to be here but is totally different now, I think he has fallen in love with the club. :D

Why?

Quite frankly I doubt he really gives a shit about Villa and will be looking to move again come the summer. Harsh reality but that's just footballers.

That's just most people, if they could move to a better company that paid them better and allowed them to get more recognition, they'd jump at it.

He has really matured (like a fine cheese) this season. Benteke gave the impression last season that he did not want to be here but is totally different now, I think he has fallen in love with the club:D

Why?

Signing a new contract last summer. He also gave a modest and happy interview after the Norwich game (AVTV), I get the impression he is happy playing for Lambert and the club. I will be very surprised if Benteke puts a transfer request in this summer.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Previously, I've noticed when another player scored for us, Christian doesn't really celebrate but he seemed far more animated with Delph's goal yesterday, which I think is a positive sign when showing if a player is happy at their club. If we get an offer from a strong Champions League club in the Summer I think he'll go in all honesty but I can't see him handing in a request himself. Would love to have him for another season. 

• Like 1

I've said it elsewhere but QPR will be desperate to flog Loic Remy for about 8-10m especially if they don't go up.

I don't see why it's that unrealistic given the current team he's playing for will probably finish one place above us in the league and we should have spare wages with Bent and Benteke moving on.

That is the sort of ambitious move I'm looking for, a top level striker with proven premier league pedigree. Sorry but some league 1 bloke coming in to replace Benteke simply isn't going to cut It this time.

I've said it elsewhere but QPR will be desperate to flog Loic Remy for about 8-10m especially if they don't go up.

I don't see why it's that unrealistic given the current team he's playing for will probably finish one place above us in the league and we should have spare wages with Bent and Benteke moving on.

That is the sort of ambitious move I'm looking for, a top level striker with proven premier league pedigree. Sorry but some league 1 bloke coming in to replace Benteke simply isn't going to cut It this time.

I don't think the price tag would be an issue but the stupid wages thrown at him by QPR might be! There'll be better value and quality out there but I think we'd need 2 strikers to replace Benteke!

Remy is a good player, in my opinion at least and would improve most squads, namely ours.

I actually do think Benteke seems to be settling in at Villa, I have nothing to base this on other than opinion though.

As has been referenced he's more vocal in terms of interviews and general club activity (not just marketing shit), he's celebrating goals much more now and more importantly for me, not his own goals - if you look at his reactions for the Bacuna goal vs Norwich and Delph vs Chelski they're much more exhuberant than last season or even earlier this year.

I don't know him at all so very hard to comment but unless we're looking to cash in this summer he may well sit tight for one more year at least, I really hope so anyway.

I don't see Benteke handing in a transfer request this summer, he does seem settled and it would be very ill advised to do it two summers running.

What will probably force our hands is we'll actually start getting some proper bids for him of 20m + if he scores a few in the WC. Then a decision will have to be made,]

Remy I actually think would be a good fit for us. He's pacy and could play out wide in our 4-3-3 or as central striker. Wages would be an issue of course but say we sell Benteke and also managed to get rid of Bent full time then suddenly that's 100k a week off the forward line so we'd have a bit to play with there.

“For the moment, we are good. We are better than last season and this is important, to show progress and improvement and to try to be better.

“We are growing as a team and we are doing well. With the win over Chelsea, this is a sign of the way we are progressing.

“It’s not bad and we know we can do better, too. This is our objective in the weeks and months ahead. Next season we can be better again."

• Like 2

“For the moment, we are good. We are better than last season and this is important, to show progress and improvement and to try to be better.

“We are growing as a team and we are doing well. With the win over Chelsea, this is a sign of the way we are progressing.

“It’s not bad and we know we can do better, too. This is our objective in the weeks and months ahead. Next season we can be better again."

Very promising.

The three years he has left on his deal means we can hold out for 20m . Unless he has a storming world cup I'm not sure any interested party would pay that.

Good thing is I doubt he'll hand in a transfer request this time as it wouldn't look good to a new club him doing that twice in 12 months. Unless we told him last summer when he signed a new deal he could go this summer and we go back on our word.

On balance I'd still say it's 60:40 he'll go. I just think a player of his quality and future potential should be at a Europa league chasing team at the least, probably in another 12 months it will be champions league.

Unless we have a storming transfer window this summer, we're unlikely to reach that level for a good while so he'll leave sooner or later but hopefully amicably as he's certainly given us some great memories in his 18 months here so far.

Â