Christian Benteke

Kwan

Delph taking all the plaudits and right so, but I thought Benteke was back to his beastly best. I lost count of the amount of headers he won against Cahill and Terry, the two defenders who were prasied so highly by the media for stopping the attacking threat away to Man City.

His knock downs to wiemann were great, when we had a couple minutes left to hold on he was composed playing passes and flicks to men in space, made space for a couple of good efforts.

Overall thought he was brilliant.

I actually don't think he won that much in the air yesterday, Cahill ( who has matured into a fine CB as expected) seemed to dominate him. Should've got that second half chance on target. Unlucky with the first half one, that would've been another special VP goal.

Overall though he looks in better shape and I think he'll have a nice goalscoring run in for the world cup. Something between 13-15 goals is realistic and will be a good second season in the prem even if he hasn't been as amazing as last year.

And then we'll see what happens in the world cup....

He looks up for it again, just like the second half of last season. Even if he isn't scoring in a game, he puts a shift in and it really seems to be a muse for the players around him to get fired up. 

One thing that baffles me is his dribbling ability, he almost drifts around players like somebody with a low centre of gravity, such a technically gifted player that has all the attributes of your typical battering ram forward.

• Like 1

A bit hit and miss against Matic in the air yesterday - clever tactic letting Matic deal with him and giving Cahill and Terry time to deal with any flick ons. I am always excited to see him with the ball in the middle of the park at the start of a break-away, because he's got cracking vision which is a bit under-appreciated when it comes to the rest of his skill set.

He has really matured (like a fine cheese) this season. Benteke gave the impression last season that he did not want to be here but is totally different now, I think he has fallen in love with the club.  :D

For the good of the team I hope he gets minor injurey and misses World Cup if we get 40m we will not replace him. There isn't 1 single striker on his level that will come to us

As much as I love him and want him to stay, unfortunately he is part of how we move forward. A good season finish and world cup the bidding starts at 30mill.

For the good of the team I hope he gets minor injurey and misses World Cup if we get 40m we will not replace him. There isn't 1 single striker on his level that will come to us

As much as I love him and want him to stay, unfortunately he is part of how we move forward. A good season finish and world cup the bidding starts at 30mill.

30m is good value but who could we replace him with?

Yep. For a club like us we need to find these gems, sell for big money and reinvest.

Tbf if he has a good World Cup at 22 after 2 good seasons in prem we should be looking for 40m minimum

15m for Richards & Rodwell

15m for welbeck

10m zaha

Are you MON?  :D  :P

£10m for Zaha who can't start for Cardiff at the moment? No thanks!

Tbf if he has a good World Cup at 22 after 2 good seasons in prem we should be looking for 40m minimum

15m for Richards & Rodwell

15m for welbeck

10m zaha

Are you MON?  :D  :P

£10m for Zaha who can't start for Cardiff at the moment? No thanks!

Ok scrap zaha lol

• Like 1

When he is up for it we are a different team as we play higher up because of his hold up play. I'd love him to stay one more year with a more creative midfield to play with he would easily break 20 goals in a season.

Edited by dn1982
  • Like 3

When he is up for it we are a different team as we play higher up because of his hold up play. I'd love him to stay one more year with a more creative midfield to play with he would easily break 20 goals in a season.

Was thinking this yesterday, would be a shame to discontinue the improvement. Would love him to give us at least 1 more year, a couple of decent signings in the summer, fire us into Europe then we could hold no grudges. At that point we would probably be able to adequately replace him.

• Like 2

Â